Sephora Compact Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other
Sephora  Compact Foundation

3.5

All shades contain: Talc, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Nylon 12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Zinc Oxide, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Butylparaben, BTH.

on 4/29/2010 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This powder was on sale for cheap. I am a NC45 I bought D30 it was too white. I could still play it off with bronzer. D40 was okay too. The powder and coverage is light. I always have to use more product on problem areas such as the t-zone. Making me use the product faster. The coverage was not cakey. It is not bad for the price.I would buy again if I was broke. LoL.

I dont think I can live without this compact! I have been buying this for 4 years! Everytime I run out I buy more. I just think its a versatile foundation that can be used many ways. When I first asked the SA about it she showed me ways to wear it. Gives light to medium coverage. I use D32.
1) You can use it wet with a moist sponge to dip it in the powder and it goes on for a light coverage
2)You can use a brush and use it as a powder/finish powder (which I use it for)
3)Use it with the sponge it came with and pat it on your face

I love this product! I find it great for dry skin. The packaging is super convenient and the sponge is great too. It provides the coverage you need depending how you use it.The finish is matte and does not look cakey. Only wished this product had some spf.

*UPDATE: Man I perhaps have gone through over 10 of these compacts since 2006. 9-23-2010, I have discovered Diorskin forever compact and I love it for my very dry skin. Although Sephora is cheaper, it doesn't help my dry skin.

on 1/18/2010 12:45:00 AM

I happen to like this product a lot. It has the coverage that I was looking for and it is something that you can pop into your purse to take with you for touch-ups. The staying power is pretty good since I do not touch my face too often. My face definitely looks much more even-toned after applying this, which makes me happy :) My only problem with this product is that i have to keep on flipping for the mirror when I'm applying foundation on the go. But other than that this was a pretty good buy; i would definitely buy this again :)

For my dry skin, this powder goes on cakey, doesn't offer very much coverage, (I actually have decent skin, I don't even need that much coverage, this just went on and gave me cake face) and the packaging is awkward and horrible. Flipping between the powder and mirror is a hassle. $20 doesn't seem like much for powder, but this has a little more than half the content you could get with MAC Studio Fix for a few dollars more, not to mention a better product. I think with dry skin like mine you need a product that isn't so dry like this one is. I don't have any acne, and just like something to even out my skin a little bit but this did absolutely nothing good. Would not repurchase.

This product didn't provide enough coverage and I was sold a color that was too light. Its ingredients are questionable to those like me with acne prone skin so I definetly wouldn't recommend it. It was good at mattifying though so it would be ideal for those with oily skin. I just wasn't impressed with the product and wouldn't buy it again. I told the sales girl there specifically that I needed a full coverage foundation that wouldn't break me out and this was defiently not it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The price is pretty great but the staying power isnt too fantastic.But it is worth a shot getting because it provides light to medium coverage, has a good range of shades and its pretty comparable to my mac studio fix powder,just lesser coverage which can be a good thing with powder because thick powder is ALWAYS unattractive.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff...I have the one with the SPF(I think this is it) and minerals...and love how it goes on. I use a MAC Buki brush for application as opposed to the sponge they give you. I like it better than the BE foundation simply cause it's portable-- no mess. Will totally purchase again.

I didn't like this at all. The coverage when dry was very light, when wet it was better but the colour was then too light (while it was perfect dry). It also made my skin feel very tight and uncomfortable, and seemed to disappear by noon on my combination/acne-prone skin. BeneFit's Get Even works far better for my skin. Would not repurchase, it's going back to Sephora (D20 was a perfect match, though, for my light skin with yellow undertones.

on 5/27/2007 2:44:00 PM

i've used up over 5 of these about 2 yrs ago. than i switched to BE mineral makeup to be more "natural". its summer time again now and i saw an empty compact in my drawer that i have kept (for the mirror) and remembered just how convinient this foundation was. im oily and im gona probobly be sweating my makeup off this summer in our NYC 90 degree weather with humit, so 2morow im goin to get this again. it covers soooo well, and i love the color matches, plus since its a powder i can touch up my oilies on the go. this compact is gona be always in my purse lol. the coverage can get cakey if u apply too much, and will rubb off on clothes if u pile it on, but other than that i LOVE this. i find the packing super convinient.

on 4/4/2005 8:54:00 PM

I like this powder. I use it with a brush so it doesn't offer as much coverage as it would with a sponge. I use it on lazy days with a little concealor when I just want to look neat and get out the door.