Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

3.3

All shades contain: Talc, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Nylon 12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Zinc Oxide, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Butylparaben, BTH.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have this in Warm Nude and it's a bit too dark for my MAC C3 skin. I don't like this because it turns very orangey on my oily skin. The packaging is really cute; it's in a cute/sturdy compact with a thick black sponge. This much better than the Sonia Kashuk powder I was using and this is only slightly more expensive ($15).
edit: They raised the price; it's $18 now. continued >>

I personally enjoy this item. My skin is oily & I've noticed it helps create a smooth finish when I set my liquid foundation. I have been using it for a few years, not yet having a problem with it.

on 8/10/2006 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Recommended by a Sephorian with similar skin type (oily, acne-prone). Provides light to medium coverage. I use concealer, then brush this foundation over for natural, clean-looking skin. Keeps my skin oil-free for a while. Works much better than Bare Minerals for my oily skin, and feels super light. Best of all - no breakouts! Will definitely repurchase. EDIT: After a couple weeks, I'm breaking out. I still love the product though, so I'm trying to use an acne treatment underneath it to combat breakouts.

on 8/11/2006 11:22:00 PM

I LOVED this foundation. The color selection was great, the coverage was great, it made my skin look flawless. I was really in love. UNTIL, about 2-3 weeks after using it I started breaking out. I was SO SO SO sad. So many things make me break out. I had hoped that this wouldn't because I loved it so much. I lost the ingredient list...does anyone know what might be causing the breakouts? I love powder foundation but I am very limited to what I can wear. I usually have to stick to all mineral foundations none of which thrill me. But, if you are normal to oily and you don't get breakouts I would recommend it highly.

on 5/27/2007 2:44:00 PM

i've used up over 5 of these about 2 yrs ago. than i switched to BE mineral makeup to be more "natural". its summer time again now and i saw an empty compact in my drawer that i have kept (for the mirror) and remembered just how convinient this foundation was. im oily and im gona probobly be sweating my makeup off this summer in our NYC 90 degree weather with humit, so 2morow im goin to get this again. it covers soooo well, and i love the color matches, plus since its a powder i can touch up my oilies on the go. this compact is gona be always in my purse lol. the coverage can get cakey if u apply too much, and will rubb off on clothes if u pile it on, but other than that i LOVE this. i find the packing super convinient.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like this product alot it makes my pretty good skin look very nice and it doesnt look like I am wearing anything! It helps with oil control on my nose a but but mostly i use it on my cheeks to even my skin tone. However their is just one downside- the sponge cakes it on!

I didn't like this at all. The coverage when dry was very light, when wet it was better but the colour was then too light (while it was perfect dry). It also made my skin feel very tight and uncomfortable, and seemed to disappear by noon on my combination/acne-prone skin. BeneFit's Get Even works far better for my skin. Would not repurchase, it's going back to Sephora (D20 was a perfect match, though, for my light skin with yellow undertones.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this during the weekend and decided to test it out against my MAC studio fix(NC30), got it in D20. So I did half my face with one and the other half with sephoras. Well surprisingly their a perfect match in color so I didnt look wierd wearing both at the same time! LoL. By the end of the day I saw the differences. Sephora didnt have as much coverage as the other one but it did look way more natural, a little chalky but matte. I'm thinking of using a liquid foundation under it for coverage and then just using it as a finishing powder.
UPDATE- Does nothing for covering flaws. Its only good as light layer of matting the shine, but thats all.

on 1/2/2008 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This, to me, was like any other pressed power. This did not come with a sponge or anything to apply it with, so I bought replaceable sponges at Sephora with this. When I applied this, it was a little drying and it caked instantly. I, unfortunately, bought a shade too dark for my olive skin, so I looked horrible. An hour or so later, my face was very oily and I made the wrong move by layering more of this stuff on my face and it looked a lot cakier. On the positive end, it had ok coverage. Pressed powders are just not for me.

on 1/23/2008 11:17:00 PM

I loved this product! I purchesed it at a sale at Sephora over the summer for like $8, which is dirt cheap in my oppinion. AT the time, i was looking for a bronzer though, and sinc ethey did not have this powder in my shade, i bought one that was a few shades darker and just used it as a bronzer to highlight cheekbones, t-zone, forhead....crazy i know. But it worked beautifully for me! I got so many compliments on my skin looking flawless, and it really did esp. on my t-zone where i have larger pores. I did not find that it made my sking chalky or oily at all. Also, i absolutly love the compact, i found that it was very useful to have the mini compartment underneath. Overall great product, i will def. repurchase!