Sephora Compact Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Sephora  Compact Foundation

3.3

All shades contain: Talc, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Nylon 12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Zinc Oxide, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Butylparaben, BTH.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have made a big dent in this powder over the year or so I have been using it. It has a very smooth, silky texture unlike other powders, which I really like! This powder also has decent coverage, but beware, this can look cakey if applied too heavily. I love using this powder to set my undereye concealer for added coverage and to prevent creasing. Overall, this is a good powder, but not my holy grail because it doesn't keep me matte and can look cakey.

on 12/24/2011 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using BE Matte, but was looking for something simpler and less messy to try. After hearing recommendations for this powder from 2 different people, I decided to test it out. I was really happy with the shade that was rec'd to me by the Sephora salesperson because it's usually hard for me to find a good color match. I have neutral to yellow undertones, but a lot of red in my face due to current acne and old scars. C22 matched my skin perfectly. I wear Medium Beige in BE and C3 in Studiofix. The consistency of the powder was really fine and not cakey when applied with the BE Heavenly Face brush I already own. Coverage was really good, although I still had to wear concealer on trouble spots and red areas. The only trouble with the packaging is that I wish this had a mirror. I wore this all last weekend. It stayed on all day and skin looked great in pictures. I thought I had found my new foundation, until I woke up with 2 huge cystic pimples covering my entire chin on Monday. The horror. I still break out frequently, but I haven't had the cystic variety of pimples in several years so I know it was due to this powder. I'm really disappointed this didn't work out for me since the price for this is reasonable and the coverage and color match is great. Back to BE I guess.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

As for powder foundations I found this one to be decent. The coverage was nice. The color stayed true through the day. Purchased mine with the entire kit from Sephora, though I was not real into the fact that they put a cream concealer with it. Overall I could see me purchasing it again.

I tried this on in store and went home. When i got home several hours later the coverage was still as perfect as it was when i put it on. It come with a padded applicator with two sides. Side one is white and meant for light coverage and the other side is black and meant for heavier coverage. The pad is good but i use a kabuki brush instead. I feel like it leaves a more natural look. The only reason i gave it four stars instead of five is because. If i scratch my face or wipe it lightly with a napkin some of the foundatuon wipes off. However, i think a good primer can resolve that problem!!!! All in all, im really surpriseds by some of the negative reviews! I totally reccommend this product!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I HATED this powder!! I tried giving it so many chances and I really tried to like it, but I seriously can't stand this product so i ended up returning it. Although this does give really good coverage, it makes me soooo oily! I don't know what's with this powder but I seriously feel like a grease ball within 2 hours of applying it. It also makes me look really cakey too. Blegh .. i hate it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in D40 to use as a contour color. It works well for pulling in the sides of my face just right. It's a little pricey, but since I use it for just contouring it lasts a good while.

Downside would have to be the packaging. The top of my compact sort of fell off and it's very loosely attached right now. I have to be so careful opening the container as to not pull the whole top off. Given, I've had the compact for about 6 months, but even my L'Oreal compacts are holding up better!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy heck girls. I bought this powder because I thought it looked great for the price and the color match was good. I used it for a while and was pretty happy when...I broke out in cystic acne! And I have never had acne! I actually had to visit my derm and get a steroid injection because the cyst on my jawline was about the size of a dime!

I think the culprit in this powder may be "bizmuth" something or other. I don't know for sure because I can't find ingredients for this powder. But this was a definite deal breaker for me. I suppose if you are not sensitive, this would be a good pick because of the price and color range.

on 1/18/2010 12:45:00 AM

I happen to like this product a lot. It has the coverage that I was looking for and it is something that you can pop into your purse to take with you for touch-ups. The staying power is pretty good since I do not touch my face too often. My face definitely looks much more even-toned after applying this, which makes me happy :) My only problem with this product is that i have to keep on flipping for the mirror when I'm applying foundation on the go. But other than that this was a pretty good buy; i would definitely buy this again :)

on 11/17/2009 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this product. I have oily, acne prone skin so I really have to be careful with what I put on my face. This powder has yet to cause break outs and I have used it for a few months now. It's really great for coverage and can be used alone, as it is a foundation, or to set your foundation, though I would suggest you use it sapringly in the second instance. When I wear it alone I tend to use the sponge applicator as it layers it on better and provides that nice coverage, whereas if I wear it on top of something I use a powder brush. It lasts a fari ammount of time though you may have to reapply in the T-zone after a few hours depending on your skin. Overall it's a great product and I completely intend to purchase again. For the quality, the price is also perfect!

on 11/5/2009 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this is the review for the mineral compact-which is the one I purchased.

I really like this compact the coverage is nice and matte and the mineral foundation is appealing. I bought this for an on the go type thing to carry in my purse for touch ups. It has 2 sides of the sponge if you call it a sponge, more like a velvety sponge but one is for light coverage and the other side is for heavier coverage.

The color matched my skin completely as I spent a good amount of time in Sephora choosing a color. Goes on silky smooth and doesn't irritate at all. The only thing I don't really like is that you have to flip the mirror up and grab the sponge and do this weird back and forth thing to be able to see the mirror and then grab more powder. It is a little pricey too but overall I like this powder and I like the ingredients.