Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

3.9

All shades contain: Talc, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Nylon 12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Zinc Oxide, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Butylparaben, BTH.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have this in Warm Nude and it's a bit too dark for my MAC C3 skin. I don't like this because it turns very orangey on my oily skin. The packaging is really cute; it's in a cute/sturdy compact with a thick black sponge. This much better than the Sonia Kashuk powder I was using and this is only slightly more expensive ($15).
edit: They raised the price; it's $18 now. continued >>

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. First off, it's available in so many colors, I found a perfect match (D30/Warm Beige). It's $18, a fraction of the price of say, Smashbox's wet/dry (and in more colors too), it covers superbly and feels great, and the packaging is cool (product on top, compartment below for the sponge with a mirror). My only regret is that titanium dioxide is the second ingredient listed; I'm looking for my wedding foundation and all the bridal boards say that titanium dioxide makes people white in photos. Otherwise, this compact is just about perfect! ETA: OK tried this again years later - it's not just about perfect, the coverage is rather light dry, & a bit cakey wet IF you overapply. This is still nice, though, but not as awesome as I initially raved it was.

on 6/24/2005 1:39:00 PM

It's the first pressed powder that I've bought and it gives to my oily skin the matte finish I want and a very natural look for an everyday makeup. The tone I use is one of the most clear, fortunately, I found the identical tone of my skin (D20).
The package is very cute, and very practical.

I personally enjoy this item. My skin is oily & I've noticed it helps create a smooth finish when I set my liquid foundation. I have been using it for a few years, not yet having a problem with it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

its cheaper then all the powder foundations at sephora/department stores, but the selection of colors cant be beat. and the packaging is so cute wit hthe flipie mirror middle with the sponge section and the foundation top so cute and creative^^. also i find that it holds on and doesnt come off as easly as the liquid version of this, and it doesnt come off easy on my clothes unless i like rub my face in to my shirt or somthing, but why would anyone do that anyway??? O_o??
also makes my oily face a perfect matte and my sister uses this one too and her skin isnt oily and still makes hers very nice. Also she has frekkles so she uses less of it and it still looks nice and i dont have frekkles so i use a more product on my face for a nice procelin look. its also very versatile when it comes to either a light to heavey coverage and its doesnt get cakey. it also goes on smooth and blends beautifully. and finnaly im asian so my skin has a yellow sort of look instead of a pale or a brownish hues and most foundations and powders take away my yellowish glow and give my face a muted look i dont like that looks to fake. but this wet/dry power is soooo perfect it allows my skin to still glow threw and yet still give me a perfect look!! 100% happy with this^^

This is a great product, but unfortunately too dark for my complexion. I do like to use this as a contour or a subtle cheek color when I don't want that "blushing" look. Great coverage, and it doesn't make me break out. The compact is nice, the product at the top, the mirror in the middle and the sponge at the bottom. I will probably buy this again. Definitley worth a shot!

on 8/11/2006 11:22:00 PM

I LOVED this foundation. The color selection was great, the coverage was great, it made my skin look flawless. I was really in love. UNTIL, about 2-3 weeks after using it I started breaking out. I was SO SO SO sad. So many things make me break out. I had hoped that this wouldn't because I loved it so much. I lost the ingredient list...does anyone know what might be causing the breakouts? I love powder foundation but I am very limited to what I can wear. I usually have to stick to all mineral foundations none of which thrill me. But, if you are normal to oily and you don't get breakouts I would recommend it highly.

on 10/12/2006 9:25:00 PM

I absolute love this foundation. I have it in shade D20, and it is a dead on match for my light/neutral skin tone. I applied it with a wet sponge, and it literally dissapeared into my skin, leaving a perfect, glowy finish, and just the right amout of coverage. Frankly, i would go as far as to call this the best foundation that has EVER touched my face. I love it :) UPDATE: I don't know about this, it seems to be too light when applied wet, and too matte when applied dry. Once my skin gets better though, I will continue to use this!

on 5/27/2007 2:44:00 PM

i've used up over 5 of these about 2 yrs ago. than i switched to BE mineral makeup to be more "natural". its summer time again now and i saw an empty compact in my drawer that i have kept (for the mirror) and remembered just how convinient this foundation was. im oily and im gona probobly be sweating my makeup off this summer in our NYC 90 degree weather with humit, so 2morow im goin to get this again. it covers soooo well, and i love the color matches, plus since its a powder i can touch up my oilies on the go. this compact is gona be always in my purse lol. the coverage can get cakey if u apply too much, and will rubb off on clothes if u pile it on, but other than that i LOVE this. i find the packing super convinient.

on 8/29/2007 5:23:00 PM

This powder is really great! I bought it off their website and the color was perfect. It blends so easily.