Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

3.9

All shades contain: Talc, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Nylon 12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Zinc Oxide, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Butylparaben, BTH.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have made a big dent in this powder over the year or so I have been using it. It has a very smooth, silky texture unlike other powders, which I really like! This powder also has decent coverage, but beware, this can look cakey if applied too heavily. I love using this powder to set my undereye concealer for added coverage and to prevent creasing. Overall, this is a good powder, but not my holy grail because it doesn't keep me matte and can look cakey.

on 5/14/2012 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

The Sephora compact foundation gives coverage..
It also made my skin very oily and after 2 weeks horrible breakouts!
It also had a funny smell to it, so I asumed I had a bad one. I decided to throw it away and give my skin a break. After 2 months I took another shot, since there was a nice promotion going on at Sephora: I bought myself a new one and made sure my brush was clean & desinfected:
Same story: funny smell, oily skin and breakouts after only two days!
I'm never touching this product again.. Very happy with my powder FX mineral compact foundation now.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

As for powder foundations I found this one to be decent. The coverage was nice. The color stayed true through the day. Purchased mine with the entire kit from Sephora, though I was not real into the fact that they put a cream concealer with it. Overall I could see me purchasing it again.

I tried this on in store and went home. When i got home several hours later the coverage was still as perfect as it was when i put it on. It come with a padded applicator with two sides. Side one is white and meant for light coverage and the other side is black and meant for heavier coverage. The pad is good but i use a kabuki brush instead. I feel like it leaves a more natural look. The only reason i gave it four stars instead of five is because. If i scratch my face or wipe it lightly with a napkin some of the foundatuon wipes off. However, i think a good primer can resolve that problem!!!! All in all, im really surpriseds by some of the negative reviews! I totally reccommend this product!

on 9/17/2010 10:06:00 PM

I agree with other review that this product cause break out so bad. I went to sephora and tried this one on and just a few hours later when I got home and took it off, I could feel my face have something undersin going on. And the morning after I had 4-5 huge pimples just appeared on my face. I was not sure it was the Sephora product, but the other day I went back to Sephora and tried on the concealer. I had the same reaction with the powder. They totally put some ingredients in their products that some people like me break out so badly. But overall, this powder feels smooth and gives good coverage.

on 5/17/2010 5:17:00 AM

Well, at first i have to tell you i have sensitive combination skin.
actually, i am asian so i have medium yellow based skin so my perfect shade is no. D30 (mac sff NC37).
Before using this i use a hydraing gel- creme and then i apply this powder over my whole face with a sponge which comes with. After appling it, my face looks so amazingly matt, fresh and healthy. It has full coverage does not get chalky but feels very light on my face like i have no make up on. The price es tres bien, only 13euro..

->I love this stuff bc it does not irritate my sensitive skin and matches my skin perfectly and isnt pricey at all!

EDIT 9/8/2010
I does not look good on camera because it contains SPF. My face looked so ashy and white, it kinda washed out my foundation and i had to do a lot of touch ups during the day.

i prefer Maybellin dream matte pressed powder over this product

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this compact on a budget but I have to say it is very good for $25 I'm glad I paid the money! I put it on in the moring using a power brush after my concealer for more coverage .it dosen't go on cakey at all and I'm really happy about that.it has SPF 22.this product also comes with a mirror that is pretty helpful.the sponge is ok ,I only use it for touch ups.
Overall my skin does not get oily or sweaty thoughout the day.it is comfortable and it only take me two minutes to apply .

Note:some people complain about the coverage a foundation gives them.if you need a lot of coverage use a concealer.

on 1/18/2010 12:45:00 AM

I happen to like this product a lot. It has the coverage that I was looking for and it is something that you can pop into your purse to take with you for touch-ups. The staying power is pretty good since I do not touch my face too often. My face definitely looks much more even-toned after applying this, which makes me happy :) My only problem with this product is that i have to keep on flipping for the mirror when I'm applying foundation on the go. But other than that this was a pretty good buy; i would definitely buy this again :)

This is a nice powder foundation with very good coverage. I usually use MAC studio fix but decided to try a different powder foundation (as there are many there are just as good if not better) and I was pleased! It's a great price, has a nice sponge and is mineral based. All in all, I would buy again!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The price is pretty great but the staying power isnt too fantastic.But it is worth a shot getting because it provides light to medium coverage, has a good range of shades and its pretty comparable to my mac studio fix powder,just lesser coverage which can be a good thing with powder because thick powder is ALWAYS unattractive.