Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

3.6

All shades contain: Talc, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Nylon 12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Zinc Oxide, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Butylparaben, BTH.

hit pan with this one! gives a nice light to medium coverage, i use it alone or i put it over my liquid foundation. color matches nicely also my only negative is that I have to touch it up a bit after about 5 hours but I would defiantly re purchase this

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I didn't expect much to be honest but I was pleasantly surprised. I have never, never, never liked compact foundation, and I've only ever used loose minerals. The packaging is sleek and convenient, and it lasts all day.

For my dry skin, this powder goes on cakey, doesn't offer very much coverage, (I actually have decent skin, I don't even need that much coverage, this just went on and gave me cake face) and the packaging is awkward and horrible. Flipping between the powder and mirror is a hassle. $20 doesn't seem like much for powder, but this has a little more than half the content you could get with MAC Studio Fix for a few dollars more, not to mention a better product. I think with dry skin like mine you need a product that isn't so dry like this one is. I don't have any acne, and just like something to even out my skin a little bit but this did absolutely nothing good. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This isn't a bad product but it didn't work with my skin either. It accentuated the dry skin on my nose pretty badly but it didn't break me out and kept my face matted all day. I still ended up exchanging it for the Sephora brand liquid foundation instead.

Overall, I would only recommend it if you have oily skin or plan on using only in the summer.

on 10/12/2009 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I'm in love with this foundation. I normally use BE, but since I have some acne and very oily skin, I have a pretty time-consuming morning cleansing regime, and when you add time to apply super-full-coverage BE with eyes, cheeks, lips, etc., sometimes it adds up to be way too much to do if I want to get to work on time.

So a couple of weeks ago I came across this compact at Sephora. It piqued my curiosity, since I used to use something like this made by MK, but MK's version broke me out, so I stopped using it. But THIS foundation said "matifying," (spelled wrong by either the French or Italians, since it was designed in France and made in Italy) so it got my hopes up that my skin would be safe this time. So I tried it. How did it turn out? It's my in-a-hurry HG, that's how it turned out! Lovely packaging, mirror and sponge included. I get great coverage from the sponge, I haven't tried applying with a brush yet, and it keeps me matte and oil-free throughout the day without my MK oil mattifier or BE Oil Control Prime Time primer, which amazes me. It feels like there's nothing on my skin, too. This foundation is the best find I've had in years. I'm thrilled, and I highly recommend this for others with oily or combination skin.

I don't recommend it for anyone with dry skin--not only does it say "mattifying," which means it isn't really for the dry-skinned; there's also the fact that someone as oily as I am wears it and it absorbs all of my abundant oil. I can't imagine how that would turn out for people with dry skin, so do yourself a favor and avoid it. If you have oily skin, though, get thee to a Sephora and reach for this heavenly stuff!

As far as shade availability goes, it's really great. There are two shades that work on my face, R15 and R20 ("r" stands for rosť, which means pink-undertoned), and I've purchased one of each. Usually, I buy the lightest foundation shade available, because my skin oxidizes everything I try on my face, so the light foundation darkens to match my face color within just a few minutes. But with this compact, I can actually buy my true-to-color shade, so I've decided to wear the R20 shade, which matches my skin exactly and does NOT oxidize/darken during the day. Hooray!

EDIT: I have been using this for a month now, and I've almost completely stopped wearing my BE foundation, this stuff looks so wonderful and works so well. Woo hoo!.

This product didn't provide enough coverage and I was sold a color that was too light. Its ingredients are questionable to those like me with acne prone skin so I definetly wouldn't recommend it. It was good at mattifying though so it would be ideal for those with oily skin. I just wasn't impressed with the product and wouldn't buy it again. I told the sales girl there specifically that I needed a full coverage foundation that wouldn't break me out and this was defiently not it.

I really like this powder foundation and think it's comparable to Mac studio fix powder. I used R20 in cool nude and I think the color actually fits my skin color better than my Mac NC20-25...anyway the price is kind of high for a store brand (~$20) unless it's on sale, but I will repurchase. Offers great coverage, many different shades, and matifying. I would recommend this more more combination to oily skin types since it's a little drying (hence the matifying aspect). The only thing I didn't like about it is that the packaging is very inconvenient. You have to flip the foundation part over to get to the sponge and mirror so I find myself constantly flipping the thing...ick.

I like this powder foundation better than any other in the US. I've only found one other that's superior in terms of colors and coverage, but you can only get it in Japan, sigh (it's made by Shiseido and sold at Japanese convenience stores!).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really wanted to like the 'Mattifying Compact Foundation' because the colour was perfect for my skintone and the powder was so finely milled. The packaging so classy. BUT, I broke out with this. I got little bumps all over my forehead and my cheeks. I'm so disheartened that it didn't suit me and upon checking the ingredient list, I noticed it contained "bismyth oxycholride(CI 77163)' and 'Talc' which doesn't suit my skin at all. Will be returning this and getting the Double Compact with SPF 10 since it doesn't contain the two ingredients mentioned above. Hopefully that'll be better. Too bad the colour wouldn't be perfect but oh well. I rather have slightly imperfect colour than a pizza face!

on 3/14/2008 11:00:00 AM

This is a very nice mineral powder foundation in a compact.
I am always looking for talc free products. I have combination skin w/ large pores in my T zone.
I applied it with a kabuki brush so I can't speak to the sponge provided in the compact.
This covered beautifully with no oily break through.
I will definitely re-purchase.