Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

2.8

All shades contain: Talc, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Nylon 12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Zinc Oxide, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Butylparaben, BTH.

on 4/29/2010 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This powder was on sale for cheap. I am a NC45 I bought D30 it was too white. I could still play it off with bronzer. D40 was okay too. The powder and coverage is light. I always have to use more product on problem areas such as the t-zone. Making me use the product faster. The coverage was not cakey. It is not bad for the price.I would buy again if I was broke. LoL.

I dont think I can live without this compact! I have been buying this for 4 years! Everytime I run out I buy more. I just think its a versatile foundation that can be used many ways. When I first asked the SA about it she showed me ways to wear it. Gives light to medium coverage. I use D32.
1) You can use it wet with a moist sponge to dip it in the powder and it goes on for a light coverage
2)You can use a brush and use it as a powder/finish powder (which I use it for)
3)Use it with the sponge it came with and pat it on your face

I love this product! I find it great for dry skin. The packaging is super convenient and the sponge is great too. It provides the coverage you need depending how you use it.The finish is matte and does not look cakey. Only wished this product had some spf.

*UPDATE: Man I perhaps have gone through over 10 of these compacts since 2006. 9-23-2010, I have discovered Diorskin forever compact and I love it for my very dry skin. Although Sephora is cheaper, it doesn't help my dry skin.

on 6/6/2009 5:21:00 PM

This "foundation" has very little coverage and really no staying power. You could use it to tint your face or keep some sun off you, but other than that? blah.

The real reason for this review is a heads up about the color. I got D32, warm golden beige. Beware, theres no "beige" in this thing. Its a very strong golden yellow. Usually I cant get makeup with enough yellow in it, so believe what I say--this D32 is crazy yellow. So beware. It may look ordinary in the compact, but when you put it ON, watch out cause its gonna be a whole other look. So, yellow-skinned sisters, this might be for you. Unfortunately they dont make the "mineral double compact" in this shade --that stuff is more usable as a subtle foundation.

And the cover? Take a look. Does yours say "matifying." Thats not how you spell it.

on 1/17/2006 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this stuff SUCKS! it makes my face feel like the sahara desert and doesnt stay on worth a crap. I know foundation will rub off, but come'on the way this stuff rubs off is ridiculous! I had to re-apply at least 10 times a day. will never buy this again