Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

3.5

All shades contain: Talc, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Nylon 12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Zinc Oxide, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Butylparaben, BTH.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have this in Warm Nude and it's a bit too dark for my MAC C3 skin. I don't like this because it turns very orangey on my oily skin. The packaging is really cute; it's in a cute/sturdy compact with a thick black sponge. This much better than the Sonia Kashuk powder I was using and this is only slightly more expensive ($15).
edit: They raised the price; it's $18 now. continued >>

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. First off, it's available in so many colors, I found a perfect match (D30/Warm Beige). It's $18, a fraction of the price of say, Smashbox's wet/dry (and in more colors too), it covers superbly and feels great, and the packaging is cool (product on top, compartment below for the sponge with a mirror). My only regret is that titanium dioxide is the second ingredient listed; I'm looking for my wedding foundation and all the bridal boards say that titanium dioxide makes people white in photos. Otherwise, this compact is just about perfect! ETA: OK tried this again years later - it's not just about perfect, the coverage is rather light dry, & a bit cakey wet IF you overapply. This is still nice, though, but not as awesome as I initially raved it was.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a really great powder foundation because it gives you even coverage without all the cakey-ness. For $18 USD, you get a really awesome product that lasts a long time. They have a wide variety of colours so I doubt you'll have trouble finding a shade that matches well. The best thing about this is that it comes with a great sponge and a built-in mirror to seperate that and the powder. The whole compact is still small enough to fit into a small purse which is always a good thing.

on 7/23/2004 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I *just* bought this today! I got it in Warm Natural, which is a really good match for my skin. I agree with the others when it comes to the great variety of shades available. It's reasonably priced, I suppose, for a compact foundation, and it seems to be good quality. I'll update at the end of the day on how well it battled my oilies. UPDATE: Well, it does good for an hour or two in normal Texas heat, and better on colder days. But for skin as oily as mine, nothing can keep the shine from coming out sooner or later! So far, this is my HG compact. I do wish the packaging wasn't so bulky though!

on 9/16/2004 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I use this as a concealer and it goes on great and blends in with my skin because I do not use foundation. It goes on very smoothly and my eyes don't feel weighed down and wearing too much makeup like the multiple steps Bobbi Brown tried to sell me, Sephora doesn't take more than 1-2 mins to pat on and smooth.

on 12/22/2004 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got this in D35 and it gives my face a good sheer coverage that evens out my skintone fairly well. It goes on smooth and does not feel cakey at all. I might experiment with other compact foundations, but I will most likely repurchase this.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is a combination of a liquid to powder and a creamy powder. It doesn't turn your face super powdery like some (and a lot of the more expensive) foundations do. I have D25 which has enough yellow in it to even out a lot of redness and create a PEFECT looking complexion. Definitely worth the price tag of $18, especially compare to say, Shiseido cream foundation which I beleive is $28 for about 1/2 the amount, and goes on VERY thick and greasy and makes you look very cakey. This product has an amazing sheer finish that looks like you're not wearing makeup at all. I also bought the liquid foundation for everyday wear when I need less or want a more sheer finish. Great products for the price! Not fancy packaging, but I'm not really interested in paying for fancy compacts when it comes to foundations.

on 4/4/2005 8:54:00 PM

I like this powder. I use it with a brush so it doesn't offer as much coverage as it would with a sponge. I use it on lazy days with a little concealor when I just want to look neat and get out the door.

on 6/15/2005 7:33:00 PM

I really wanted to like this, but made my skin break-out in little bumps and blackheads. I think the culprit is the ingredient "hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides". Yuck. My theory is that if it can clog your arteries, it will clog your pores. Should have known better!

on 6/24/2005 1:39:00 PM

It's the first pressed powder that I've bought and it gives to my oily skin the matte finish I want and a very natural look for an everyday makeup. The tone I use is one of the most clear, fortunately, I found the identical tone of my skin (D20).
The package is very cute, and very practical.