Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

3.5

All shades contain: Talc, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Nylon 12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Zinc Oxide, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Butylparaben, BTH.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this compact on a budget but I have to say it is very good for $25 I'm glad I paid the money! I put it on in the moring using a power brush after my concealer for more coverage .it dosen't go on cakey at all and I'm really happy about that.it has SPF 22.this product also comes with a mirror that is pretty helpful.the sponge is ok ,I only use it for touch ups.
Overall my skin does not get oily or sweaty thoughout the day.it is comfortable and it only take me two minutes to apply .

Note:some people complain about the coverage a foundation gives them.if you need a lot of coverage use a concealer.

I dont think I can live without this compact! I have been buying this for 4 years! Everytime I run out I buy more. I just think its a versatile foundation that can be used many ways. When I first asked the SA about it she showed me ways to wear it. Gives light to medium coverage. I use D32.
1) You can use it wet with a moist sponge to dip it in the powder and it goes on for a light coverage
2)You can use a brush and use it as a powder/finish powder (which I use it for)
3)Use it with the sponge it came with and pat it on your face

I love this product! I find it great for dry skin. The packaging is super convenient and the sponge is great too. It provides the coverage you need depending how you use it.The finish is matte and does not look cakey. Only wished this product had some spf.

*UPDATE: Man I perhaps have gone through over 10 of these compacts since 2006. 9-23-2010, I have discovered Diorskin forever compact and I love it for my very dry skin. Although Sephora is cheaper, it doesn't help my dry skin.

on 11/17/2009 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this product. I have oily, acne prone skin so I really have to be careful with what I put on my face. This powder has yet to cause break outs and I have used it for a few months now. It's really great for coverage and can be used alone, as it is a foundation, or to set your foundation, though I would suggest you use it sapringly in the second instance. When I wear it alone I tend to use the sponge applicator as it layers it on better and provides that nice coverage, whereas if I wear it on top of something I use a powder brush. It lasts a fari ammount of time though you may have to reapply in the T-zone after a few hours depending on your skin. Overall it's a great product and I completely intend to purchase again. For the quality, the price is also perfect!

on 10/12/2009 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I'm in love with this foundation. I normally use BE, but since I have some acne and very oily skin, I have a pretty time-consuming morning cleansing regime, and when you add time to apply super-full-coverage BE with eyes, cheeks, lips, etc., sometimes it adds up to be way too much to do if I want to get to work on time.

So a couple of weeks ago I came across this compact at Sephora. It piqued my curiosity, since I used to use something like this made by MK, but MK's version broke me out, so I stopped using it. But THIS foundation said "matifying," (spelled wrong by either the French or Italians, since it was designed in France and made in Italy) so it got my hopes up that my skin would be safe this time. So I tried it. How did it turn out? It's my in-a-hurry HG, that's how it turned out! Lovely packaging, mirror and sponge included. I get great coverage from the sponge, I haven't tried applying with a brush yet, and it keeps me matte and oil-free throughout the day without my MK oil mattifier or BE Oil Control Prime Time primer, which amazes me. It feels like there's nothing on my skin, too. This foundation is the best find I've had in years. I'm thrilled, and I highly recommend this for others with oily or combination skin.

I don't recommend it for anyone with dry skin--not only does it say "mattifying," which means it isn't really for the dry-skinned; there's also the fact that someone as oily as I am wears it and it absorbs all of my abundant oil. I can't imagine how that would turn out for people with dry skin, so do yourself a favor and avoid it. If you have oily skin, though, get thee to a Sephora and reach for this heavenly stuff!

As far as shade availability goes, it's really great. There are two shades that work on my face, R15 and R20 ("r" stands for ros, which means pink-undertoned), and I've purchased one of each. Usually, I buy the lightest foundation shade available, because my skin oxidizes everything I try on my face, so the light foundation darkens to match my face color within just a few minutes. But with this compact, I can actually buy my true-to-color shade, so I've decided to wear the R20 shade, which matches my skin exactly and does NOT oxidize/darken during the day. Hooray!

EDIT: I have been using this for a month now, and I've almost completely stopped wearing my BE foundation, this stuff looks so wonderful and works so well. Woo hoo!.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff...I have the one with the SPF(I think this is it) and minerals...and love how it goes on. I use a MAC Buki brush for application as opposed to the sponge they give you. I like it better than the BE foundation simply cause it's portable-- no mess. Will totally purchase again.

on 10/12/2008 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this product worked really well for me. the coverage was good and it blended with my skin tone nicely. i use a make up brush to apply instead of the sponge.. maybe that makes a difference.

on 4/18/2008 6:48:00 PM

After having tried numerous powder foundations, I've finally found the one for me - the Sephora brand powder foundation! It performs just as well as Nars, Shiseido, and other more expensive powder foundations that cost at least twice as much. And I love that color matching isn't a problem because there are so many to choose from. I think I'm finally the right color now! :)

on 3/14/2008 11:00:00 AM

This is a very nice mineral powder foundation in a compact.
I am always looking for talc free products. I have combination skin w/ large pores in my T zone.
I applied it with a kabuki brush so I can't speak to the sponge provided in the compact.
This covered beautifully with no oily break through.
I will definitely re-purchase.

on 3/10/2008 6:53:00 PM

Double Compact Mineral SPF 10, Shade D30, .35 oz., $22.00. Wow, what a total surprise! I really like this compact powder foundation from Sephora. It is talc-free, parben-free, fragrance-free, oil-free, and noncomedogenic. I have large pores on my nose and cheeks, and this is the first compact mineral powder that provides nice coverage over these areas. The product comes with a dual sided sponge (dark side for full coverage, white side for light coverage) and mirror. I applied the foundation using BE's full flawless brush. It wore pretty well throughout the day in 82 degree heat. The shade I purchased was D30 (medium with golden undertones). There are seven other shade selections and it appears that the shades are rather forgiving.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this product! It is by far the best powder/foundation I have ever bought. Although it was a 20 dollar compact, I will definately keep purchasing it. It matches my skin tone perfectly unlike other powders.