Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

3.5

All shades contain: Talc, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Nylon 12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Zinc Oxide, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Butylparaben, BTH.

on 5/14/2012 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

The Sephora compact foundation gives coverage..
It also made my skin very oily and after 2 weeks horrible breakouts!
It also had a funny smell to it, so I asumed I had a bad one. I decided to throw it away and give my skin a break. After 2 months I took another shot, since there was a nice promotion going on at Sephora: I bought myself a new one and made sure my brush was clean & desinfected:
Same story: funny smell, oily skin and breakouts after only two days!
I'm never touching this product again.. Very happy with my powder FX mineral compact foundation now.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I HATED this powder!! I tried giving it so many chances and I really tried to like it, but I seriously can't stand this product so i ended up returning it. Although this does give really good coverage, it makes me soooo oily! I don't know what's with this powder but I seriously feel like a grease ball within 2 hours of applying it. It also makes me look really cakey too. Blegh .. i hate it!

on 9/17/2010 10:06:00 PM

I agree with other review that this product cause break out so bad. I went to sephora and tried this one on and just a few hours later when I got home and took it off, I could feel my face have something undersin going on. And the morning after I had 4-5 huge pimples just appeared on my face. I was not sure it was the Sephora product, but the other day I went back to Sephora and tried on the concealer. I had the same reaction with the powder. They totally put some ingredients in their products that some people like me break out so badly. But overall, this powder feels smooth and gives good coverage.

on 1/17/2006 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this stuff SUCKS! it makes my face feel like the sahara desert and doesnt stay on worth a crap. I know foundation will rub off, but come'on the way this stuff rubs off is ridiculous! I had to re-apply at least 10 times a day. will never buy this again

on 6/15/2005 7:33:00 PM

I really wanted to like this, but made my skin break-out in little bumps and blackheads. I think the culprit is the ingredient "hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides". Yuck. My theory is that if it can clog your arteries, it will clog your pores. Should have known better!

on 12/24/2011 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using BE Matte, but was looking for something simpler and less messy to try. After hearing recommendations for this powder from 2 different people, I decided to test it out. I was really happy with the shade that was rec'd to me by the Sephora salesperson because it's usually hard for me to find a good color match. I have neutral to yellow undertones, but a lot of red in my face due to current acne and old scars. C22 matched my skin perfectly. I wear Medium Beige in BE and C3 in Studiofix. The consistency of the powder was really fine and not cakey when applied with the BE Heavenly Face brush I already own. Coverage was really good, although I still had to wear concealer on trouble spots and red areas. The only trouble with the packaging is that I wish this had a mirror. I wore this all last weekend. It stayed on all day and skin looked great in pictures. I thought I had found my new foundation, until I woke up with 2 huge cystic pimples covering my entire chin on Monday. The horror. I still break out frequently, but I haven't had the cystic variety of pimples in several years so I know it was due to this powder. I'm really disappointed this didn't work out for me since the price for this is reasonable and the coverage and color match is great. Back to BE I guess.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy heck girls. I bought this powder because I thought it looked great for the price and the color match was good. I used it for a while and was pretty happy when...I broke out in cystic acne! And I have never had acne! I actually had to visit my derm and get a steroid injection because the cyst on my jawline was about the size of a dime!

I think the culprit in this powder may be "bizmuth" something or other. I don't know for sure because I can't find ingredients for this powder. But this was a definite deal breaker for me. I suppose if you are not sensitive, this would be a good pick because of the price and color range.

For my dry skin, this powder goes on cakey, doesn't offer very much coverage, (I actually have decent skin, I don't even need that much coverage, this just went on and gave me cake face) and the packaging is awkward and horrible. Flipping between the powder and mirror is a hassle. $20 doesn't seem like much for powder, but this has a little more than half the content you could get with MAC Studio Fix for a few dollars more, not to mention a better product. I think with dry skin like mine you need a product that isn't so dry like this one is. I don't have any acne, and just like something to even out my skin a little bit but this did absolutely nothing good. Would not repurchase.

This product didn't provide enough coverage and I was sold a color that was too light. Its ingredients are questionable to those like me with acne prone skin so I definetly wouldn't recommend it. It was good at mattifying though so it would be ideal for those with oily skin. I just wasn't impressed with the product and wouldn't buy it again. I told the sales girl there specifically that I needed a full coverage foundation that wouldn't break me out and this was defiently not it.

on 6/6/2009 5:21:00 PM

This "foundation" has very little coverage and really no staying power. You could use it to tint your face or keep some sun off you, but other than that? blah.

The real reason for this review is a heads up about the color. I got D32, warm golden beige. Beware, theres no "beige" in this thing. Its a very strong golden yellow. Usually I cant get makeup with enough yellow in it, so believe what I say--this D32 is crazy yellow. So beware. It may look ordinary in the compact, but when you put it ON, watch out cause its gonna be a whole other look. So, yellow-skinned sisters, this might be for you. Unfortunately they dont make the "mineral double compact" in this shade --that stuff is more usable as a subtle foundation.

And the cover? Take a look. Does yours say "matifying." Thats not how you spell it.