Sephora Compact Foundation

Sephora  Compact Foundation

3.5

All shades contain: Talc, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Nylon 12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Zinc Oxide, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Butylparaben, BTH.

on 10/12/2009 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I'm in love with this foundation. I normally use BE, but since I have some acne and very oily skin, I have a pretty time-consuming morning cleansing regime, and when you add time to apply super-full-coverage BE with eyes, cheeks, lips, etc., sometimes it adds up to be way too much to do if I want to get to work on time.

So a couple of weeks ago I came across this compact at Sephora. It piqued my curiosity, since I used to use something like this made by MK, but MK's version broke me out, so I stopped using it. But THIS foundation said "matifying," (spelled wrong by either the French or Italians, since it was designed in France and made in Italy) so it got my hopes up that my skin would be safe this time. So I tried it. How did it turn out? It's my in-a-hurry HG, that's how it turned out! Lovely packaging, mirror and sponge included. I get great coverage from the sponge, I haven't tried applying with a brush yet, and it keeps me matte and oil-free throughout the day without my MK oil mattifier or BE Oil Control Prime Time primer, which amazes me. It feels like there's nothing on my skin, too. This foundation is the best find I've had in years. I'm thrilled, and I highly recommend this for others with oily or combination skin.

I don't recommend it for anyone with dry skin--not only does it say "mattifying," which means it isn't really for the dry-skinned; there's also the fact that someone as oily as I am wears it and it absorbs all of my abundant oil. I can't imagine how that would turn out for people with dry skin, so do yourself a favor and avoid it. If you have oily skin, though, get thee to a Sephora and reach for this heavenly stuff!

As far as shade availability goes, it's really great. There are two shades that work on my face, R15 and R20 ("r" stands for rosť, which means pink-undertoned), and I've purchased one of each. Usually, I buy the lightest foundation shade available, because my skin oxidizes everything I try on my face, so the light foundation darkens to match my face color within just a few minutes. But with this compact, I can actually buy my true-to-color shade, so I've decided to wear the R20 shade, which matches my skin exactly and does NOT oxidize/darken during the day. Hooray!

EDIT: I have been using this for a month now, and I've almost completely stopped wearing my BE foundation, this stuff looks so wonderful and works so well. Woo hoo!.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have this in Warm Nude and it's a bit too dark for my MAC C3 skin. I don't like this because it turns very orangey on my oily skin. The packaging is really cute; it's in a cute/sturdy compact with a thick black sponge. This much better than the Sonia Kashuk powder I was using and this is only slightly more expensive ($15).
edit: They raised the price; it's $18 now. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

its cheaper then all the powder foundations at sephora/department stores, but the selection of colors cant be beat. and the packaging is so cute wit hthe flipie mirror middle with the sponge section and the foundation top so cute and creative^^. also i find that it holds on and doesnt come off as easly as the liquid version of this, and it doesnt come off easy on my clothes unless i like rub my face in to my shirt or somthing, but why would anyone do that anyway??? O_o??
also makes my oily face a perfect matte and my sister uses this one too and her skin isnt oily and still makes hers very nice. Also she has frekkles so she uses less of it and it still looks nice and i dont have frekkles so i use a more product on my face for a nice procelin look. its also very versatile when it comes to either a light to heavey coverage and its doesnt get cakey. it also goes on smooth and blends beautifully. and finnaly im asian so my skin has a yellow sort of look instead of a pale or a brownish hues and most foundations and powders take away my yellowish glow and give my face a muted look i dont like that looks to fake. but this wet/dry power is soooo perfect it allows my skin to still glow threw and yet still give me a perfect look!! 100% happy with this^^

on 5/17/2010 5:17:00 AM

Well, at first i have to tell you i have sensitive combination skin.
actually, i am asian so i have medium yellow based skin so my perfect shade is no. D30 (mac sff NC37).
Before using this i use a hydraing gel- creme and then i apply this powder over my whole face with a sponge which comes with. After appling it, my face looks so amazingly matt, fresh and healthy. It has full coverage does not get chalky but feels very light on my face like i have no make up on. The price es tres bien, only 13euro..

->I love this stuff bc it does not irritate my sensitive skin and matches my skin perfectly and isnt pricey at all!

EDIT 9/8/2010
I does not look good on camera because it contains SPF. My face looked so ashy and white, it kinda washed out my foundation and i had to do a lot of touch ups during the day.

i prefer Maybellin dream matte pressed powder over this product

on 10/12/2006 9:25:00 PM

I absolute love this foundation. I have it in shade D20, and it is a dead on match for my light/neutral skin tone. I applied it with a wet sponge, and it literally dissapeared into my skin, leaving a perfect, glowy finish, and just the right amout of coverage. Frankly, i would go as far as to call this the best foundation that has EVER touched my face. I love it :) UPDATE: I don't know about this, it seems to be too light when applied wet, and too matte when applied dry. Once my skin gets better though, I will continue to use this!

on 2/19/2008 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

There are a few things I love about this, not least of all was the fact that I could get this cheap at duty-free at airports or at DFS. This is a mattifying compact foundation that provides realistic, buildable coverage. It is apparently suitable for all skin types, but I find it better for those with combination skins. This offers lighter coverage than MAC studio fix, and slightly more coverage than Origins Silk Screen (which is another one I like). While Studio Fix turns cakey after touch-ups, and Silk Screen shades are hit-or-miss, I can find one that matches my skin tone perfectly. I am a moderately fair Asian with pink undertones and naturally medium brown hair. (For Studio Fix, I use NC25; for Silk Screen, I use Beige Beauty 09) What I hate about this is the packaging; the hinge broke on me when I tried to open it up for the first time; the mirror is on the underside against the powder compartment, facing the compartment for the sponge, which I find really user-unfriendly. Plus, one has to turn the powder upside-down to access the mirror and sponge. I will give this full marks if not for the packaging.

on 8/11/2006 11:22:00 PM

I LOVED this foundation. The color selection was great, the coverage was great, it made my skin look flawless. I was really in love. UNTIL, about 2-3 weeks after using it I started breaking out. I was SO SO SO sad. So many things make me break out. I had hoped that this wouldn't because I loved it so much. I lost the ingredient list...does anyone know what might be causing the breakouts? I love powder foundation but I am very limited to what I can wear. I usually have to stick to all mineral foundations none of which thrill me. But, if you are normal to oily and you don't get breakouts I would recommend it highly.

on 8/10/2006 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Recommended by a Sephorian with similar skin type (oily, acne-prone). Provides light to medium coverage. I use concealer, then brush this foundation over for natural, clean-looking skin. Keeps my skin oil-free for a while. Works much better than Bare Minerals for my oily skin, and feels super light. Best of all - no breakouts! Will definitely repurchase. EDIT: After a couple weeks, I'm breaking out. I still love the product though, so I'm trying to use an acne treatment underneath it to combat breakouts.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is a combination of a liquid to powder and a creamy powder. It doesn't turn your face super powdery like some (and a lot of the more expensive) foundations do. I have D25 which has enough yellow in it to even out a lot of redness and create a PEFECT looking complexion. Definitely worth the price tag of $18, especially compare to say, Shiseido cream foundation which I beleive is $28 for about 1/2 the amount, and goes on VERY thick and greasy and makes you look very cakey. This product has an amazing sheer finish that looks like you're not wearing makeup at all. I also bought the liquid foundation for everyday wear when I need less or want a more sheer finish. Great products for the price! Not fancy packaging, but I'm not really interested in paying for fancy compacts when it comes to foundations.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have made a big dent in this powder over the year or so I have been using it. It has a very smooth, silky texture unlike other powders, which I really like! This powder also has decent coverage, but beware, this can look cakey if applied too heavily. I love using this powder to set my undereye concealer for added coverage and to prevent creasing. Overall, this is a good powder, but not my holy grail because it doesn't keep me matte and can look cakey.