Sephora Compact Foundation

Filtered by age: 30-35
Sephora  Compact Foundation

3.3

All shades contain: Talc, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Nylon 12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Zinc Oxide, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Butylparaben, BTH.

on 12/24/2011 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using BE Matte, but was looking for something simpler and less messy to try. After hearing recommendations for this powder from 2 different people, I decided to test it out. I was really happy with the shade that was rec'd to me by the Sephora salesperson because it's usually hard for me to find a good color match. I have neutral to yellow undertones, but a lot of red in my face due to current acne and old scars. C22 matched my skin perfectly. I wear Medium Beige in BE and C3 in Studiofix. The consistency of the powder was really fine and not cakey when applied with the BE Heavenly Face brush I already own. Coverage was really good, although I still had to wear concealer on trouble spots and red areas. The only trouble with the packaging is that I wish this had a mirror. I wore this all last weekend. It stayed on all day and skin looked great in pictures. I thought I had found my new foundation, until I woke up with 2 huge cystic pimples covering my entire chin on Monday. The horror. I still break out frequently, but I haven't had the cystic variety of pimples in several years so I know it was due to this powder. I'm really disappointed this didn't work out for me since the price for this is reasonable and the coverage and color match is great. Back to BE I guess.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

As for powder foundations I found this one to be decent. The coverage was nice. The color stayed true through the day. Purchased mine with the entire kit from Sephora, though I was not real into the fact that they put a cream concealer with it. Overall I could see me purchasing it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy heck girls. I bought this powder because I thought it looked great for the price and the color match was good. I used it for a while and was pretty happy when...I broke out in cystic acne! And I have never had acne! I actually had to visit my derm and get a steroid injection because the cyst on my jawline was about the size of a dime!

I think the culprit in this powder may be "bizmuth" something or other. I don't know for sure because I can't find ingredients for this powder. But this was a definite deal breaker for me. I suppose if you are not sensitive, this would be a good pick because of the price and color range.

on 10/12/2009 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I'm in love with this foundation. I normally use BE, but since I have some acne and very oily skin, I have a pretty time-consuming morning cleansing regime, and when you add time to apply super-full-coverage BE with eyes, cheeks, lips, etc., sometimes it adds up to be way too much to do if I want to get to work on time.

So a couple of weeks ago I came across this compact at Sephora. It piqued my curiosity, since I used to use something like this made by MK, but MK's version broke me out, so I stopped using it. But THIS foundation said "matifying," (spelled wrong by either the French or Italians, since it was designed in France and made in Italy) so it got my hopes up that my skin would be safe this time. So I tried it. How did it turn out? It's my in-a-hurry HG, that's how it turned out! Lovely packaging, mirror and sponge included. I get great coverage from the sponge, I haven't tried applying with a brush yet, and it keeps me matte and oil-free throughout the day without my MK oil mattifier or BE Oil Control Prime Time primer, which amazes me. It feels like there's nothing on my skin, too. This foundation is the best find I've had in years. I'm thrilled, and I highly recommend this for others with oily or combination skin.

I don't recommend it for anyone with dry skin--not only does it say "mattifying," which means it isn't really for the dry-skinned; there's also the fact that someone as oily as I am wears it and it absorbs all of my abundant oil. I can't imagine how that would turn out for people with dry skin, so do yourself a favor and avoid it. If you have oily skin, though, get thee to a Sephora and reach for this heavenly stuff!

As far as shade availability goes, it's really great. There are two shades that work on my face, R15 and R20 ("r" stands for rosť, which means pink-undertoned), and I've purchased one of each. Usually, I buy the lightest foundation shade available, because my skin oxidizes everything I try on my face, so the light foundation darkens to match my face color within just a few minutes. But with this compact, I can actually buy my true-to-color shade, so I've decided to wear the R20 shade, which matches my skin exactly and does NOT oxidize/darken during the day. Hooray!

EDIT: I have been using this for a month now, and I've almost completely stopped wearing my BE foundation, this stuff looks so wonderful and works so well. Woo hoo!.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is a good one, I just wish they had more shades. I like the texture and the price isnt expensive.

on 3/9/2006 7:39:00 PM

This powder foundation offers I would say decent coverage and its not all that expensive. But I gotta say its really chalky looking. So if you want a true matte powder look, this will work with you- but I wanted good coverage without the chalk look. It just made my face look dull overall - and I gotta say that the color match was dead on. I got D20, and I am typically a NC30, 40 watt girl. Sadly, this will be going back to the store.

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. First off, it's available in so many colors, I found a perfect match (D30/Warm Beige). It's $18, a fraction of the price of say, Smashbox's wet/dry (and in more colors too), it covers superbly and feels great, and the packaging is cool (product on top, compartment below for the sponge with a mirror). My only regret is that titanium dioxide is the second ingredient listed; I'm looking for my wedding foundation and all the bridal boards say that titanium dioxide makes people white in photos. Otherwise, this compact is just about perfect! ETA: OK tried this again years later - it's not just about perfect, the coverage is rather light dry, & a bit cakey wet IF you overapply. This is still nice, though, but not as awesome as I initially raved it was.