Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

Filtered by age: 25-29
Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

3.5

All shades contain: Talc, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Nylon 12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Zinc Oxide, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Butylparaben, BTH.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is a combination of a liquid to powder and a creamy powder. It doesn't turn your face super powdery like some (and a lot of the more expensive) foundations do. I have D25 which has enough yellow in it to even out a lot of redness and create a PEFECT looking complexion. Definitely worth the price tag of $18, especially compare to say, Shiseido cream foundation which I beleive is $28 for about 1/2 the amount, and goes on VERY thick and greasy and makes you look very cakey. This product has an amazing sheer finish that looks like you're not wearing makeup at all. I also bought the liquid foundation for everyday wear when I need less or want a more sheer finish. Great products for the price! Not fancy packaging, but I'm not really interested in paying for fancy compacts when it comes to foundations.

on 4/4/2005 8:54:00 PM

I like this powder. I use it with a brush so it doesn't offer as much coverage as it would with a sponge. I use it on lazy days with a little concealor when I just want to look neat and get out the door.

on 12/21/2006 11:31:00 PM

I don't use this often as a foundation because I prefer a more natural look and don't need all-over foundation coverage (usually I stick to concealer and bronzer), but I think it's great if you are really in a rush and have no time to mess around with concealer and/or liquid foundation. You can just slap it on and go. I have decent skin, but have large pores and some redness around the nose and I find the coverage really good for that. More often I often use it for touch-ups and prefer it to regular pressed powder. It comes in a wide range of colours (I use D20). It comes in a sturdy, plain compact with a seperate layer for the sponge and a mirror.

on 7/14/2007 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I bought this product at Sephora since it's on sale for $6 USD.....I actually liked it at first and went crazy and bought 15 compacts...I know =P... (my husband loves it when I do that..lol) and then after a couple of days, I noticed I started to break out from it. So I ended up returning 14 compacts. This doesn't really cover as well as MAC Studio Fix and it feels more powdery. If you have clear skin, then I would recommend this to you since you don't have to apply as much. I would have kept it if it didn't break me out on my chin etc.

on 1/23/2008 1:20:00 AM

Made my skin chalky. I have combination skin. In fact, it seemed to take away the glow and made me look sickly.

on 2/19/2008 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

There are a few things I love about this, not least of all was the fact that I could get this cheap at duty-free at airports or at DFS. This is a mattifying compact foundation that provides realistic, buildable coverage. It is apparently suitable for all skin types, but I find it better for those with combination skins. This offers lighter coverage than MAC studio fix, and slightly more coverage than Origins Silk Screen (which is another one I like). While Studio Fix turns cakey after touch-ups, and Silk Screen shades are hit-or-miss, I can find one that matches my skin tone perfectly. I am a moderately fair Asian with pink undertones and naturally medium brown hair. (For Studio Fix, I use NC25; for Silk Screen, I use Beige Beauty 09) What I hate about this is the packaging; the hinge broke on me when I tried to open it up for the first time; the mirror is on the underside against the powder compartment, facing the compartment for the sponge, which I find really user-unfriendly. Plus, one has to turn the powder upside-down to access the mirror and sponge. I will give this full marks if not for the packaging.

on 4/18/2008 6:48:00 PM

After having tried numerous powder foundations, I've finally found the one for me - the Sephora brand powder foundation! It performs just as well as Nars, Shiseido, and other more expensive powder foundations that cost at least twice as much. And I love that color matching isn't a problem because there are so many to choose from. I think I'm finally the right color now! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really wanted to like the 'Mattifying Compact Foundation' because the colour was perfect for my skintone and the powder was so finely milled. The packaging so classy. BUT, I broke out with this. I got little bumps all over my forehead and my cheeks. I'm so disheartened that it didn't suit me and upon checking the ingredient list, I noticed it contained "bismyth oxycholride(CI 77163)' and 'Talc' which doesn't suit my skin at all. Will be returning this and getting the Double Compact with SPF 10 since it doesn't contain the two ingredients mentioned above. Hopefully that'll be better. Too bad the colour wouldn't be perfect but oh well. I rather have slightly imperfect colour than a pizza face!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff...I have the one with the SPF(I think this is it) and minerals...and love how it goes on. I use a MAC Buki brush for application as opposed to the sponge they give you. I like it better than the BE foundation simply cause it's portable-- no mess. Will totally purchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I didn't expect much to be honest but I was pleasantly surprised. I have never, never, never liked compact foundation, and I've only ever used loose minerals. The packaging is sleek and convenient, and it lasts all day.