Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

Filtered by age: 19-24
Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

3.5

All shades contain: Talc, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Nylon 12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Zinc Oxide, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Butylparaben, BTH.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have made a big dent in this powder over the year or so I have been using it. It has a very smooth, silky texture unlike other powders, which I really like! This powder also has decent coverage, but beware, this can look cakey if applied too heavily. I love using this powder to set my undereye concealer for added coverage and to prevent creasing. Overall, this is a good powder, but not my holy grail because it doesn't keep me matte and can look cakey.

I tried this on in store and went home. When i got home several hours later the coverage was still as perfect as it was when i put it on. It come with a padded applicator with two sides. Side one is white and meant for light coverage and the other side is black and meant for heavier coverage. The pad is good but i use a kabuki brush instead. I feel like it leaves a more natural look. The only reason i gave it four stars instead of five is because. If i scratch my face or wipe it lightly with a napkin some of the foundatuon wipes off. However, i think a good primer can resolve that problem!!!! All in all, im really surpriseds by some of the negative reviews! I totally reccommend this product!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I HATED this powder!! I tried giving it so many chances and I really tried to like it, but I seriously can't stand this product so i ended up returning it. Although this does give really good coverage, it makes me soooo oily! I don't know what's with this powder but I seriously feel like a grease ball within 2 hours of applying it. It also makes me look really cakey too. Blegh .. i hate it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in D40 to use as a contour color. It works well for pulling in the sides of my face just right. It's a little pricey, but since I use it for just contouring it lasts a good while.

Downside would have to be the packaging. The top of my compact sort of fell off and it's very loosely attached right now. I have to be so careful opening the container as to not pull the whole top off. Given, I've had the compact for about 6 months, but even my L'Oreal compacts are holding up better!

on 9/17/2010 10:06:00 PM

I agree with other review that this product cause break out so bad. I went to sephora and tried this one on and just a few hours later when I got home and took it off, I could feel my face have something undersin going on. And the morning after I had 4-5 huge pimples just appeared on my face. I was not sure it was the Sephora product, but the other day I went back to Sephora and tried on the concealer. I had the same reaction with the powder. They totally put some ingredients in their products that some people like me break out so badly. But overall, this powder feels smooth and gives good coverage.

on 5/17/2010 5:17:00 AM

Well, at first i have to tell you i have sensitive combination skin.
actually, i am asian so i have medium yellow based skin so my perfect shade is no. D30 (mac sff NC37).
Before using this i use a hydraing gel- creme and then i apply this powder over my whole face with a sponge which comes with. After appling it, my face looks so amazingly matt, fresh and healthy. It has full coverage does not get chalky but feels very light on my face like i have no make up on. The price es tres bien, only 13euro..

->I love this stuff bc it does not irritate my sensitive skin and matches my skin perfectly and isnt pricey at all!

EDIT 9/8/2010
I does not look good on camera because it contains SPF. My face looked so ashy and white, it kinda washed out my foundation and i had to do a lot of touch ups during the day.

i prefer Maybellin dream matte pressed powder over this product

on 4/29/2010 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This powder was on sale for cheap. I am a NC45 I bought D30 it was too white. I could still play it off with bronzer. D40 was okay too. The powder and coverage is light. I always have to use more product on problem areas such as the t-zone. Making me use the product faster. The coverage was not cakey. It is not bad for the price.I would buy again if I was broke. LoL.

I dont think I can live without this compact! I have been buying this for 4 years! Everytime I run out I buy more. I just think its a versatile foundation that can be used many ways. When I first asked the SA about it she showed me ways to wear it. Gives light to medium coverage. I use D32.
1) You can use it wet with a moist sponge to dip it in the powder and it goes on for a light coverage
2)You can use a brush and use it as a powder/finish powder (which I use it for)
3)Use it with the sponge it came with and pat it on your face

I love this product! I find it great for dry skin. The packaging is super convenient and the sponge is great too. It provides the coverage you need depending how you use it.The finish is matte and does not look cakey. Only wished this product had some spf.

*UPDATE: Man I perhaps have gone through over 10 of these compacts since 2006. 9-23-2010, I have discovered Diorskin forever compact and I love it for my very dry skin. Although Sephora is cheaper, it doesn't help my dry skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This isn't a bad product but it didn't work with my skin either. It accentuated the dry skin on my nose pretty badly but it didn't break me out and kept my face matted all day. I still ended up exchanging it for the Sephora brand liquid foundation instead.

Overall, I would only recommend it if you have oily skin or plan on using only in the summer.

on 11/17/2009 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this product. I have oily, acne prone skin so I really have to be careful with what I put on my face. This powder has yet to cause break outs and I have used it for a few months now. It's really great for coverage and can be used alone, as it is a foundation, or to set your foundation, though I would suggest you use it sapringly in the second instance. When I wear it alone I tend to use the sponge applicator as it layers it on better and provides that nice coverage, whereas if I wear it on top of something I use a powder brush. It lasts a fari ammount of time though you may have to reapply in the T-zone after a few hours depending on your skin. Overall it's a great product and I completely intend to purchase again. For the quality, the price is also perfect!