MAC Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

MAC Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

4.6

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I am so disappointed Girl About Town didn't work on me! I had high hopes. I saw it in the tube, this amazing hot pink, and every beauty blogger with brown skin was raving about it. So I bought it. But...

It didn't go on my lips like it looks in the tube. It turned a soft pink with only the slightest hint of anything bright or eye catching about it. The soft pink colour it turned on me didn't look bad, but it was nothing special. I can't blame the lipstick. Part of the problem is my lips are quite pigmented so it takes quite a sweep of colour to drown out the natural pigment.

Lip chemistry is a funny thing right? My lips just turned this crappy soft pink somehow, even though it doesn't look that way on other people or in the tube. I had the same problem with NARS Schiap. By the way, the two shades are almost identical. And I had the same problem with both. They both turned a soft, slightly boring pink on my lips. It's a shame but it's nice to see it's working so well for others on here. I shall have to continue my search for the perfect hot pink :(((

EDIT:

Made it work. I am now upgrading this to 3.5 stars. I made a really embarrassing error. I was loading this on top of lip balm and it was doing nothing. I put this on when my lips were totally dry and got more colour out of it. Still not as much as I'd like but far more striking. I've found that the outfit I wear is really important for bringing this colour out. If I wear it with dark blue, it looks great. And with hair up even better, as it's easier to focus on the colour rather than my hair drowning it out. I like it better, but it's not so good I would buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this shade

To Read all 276 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/13/2016 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

First pink lipstick and I love it. It's a bright fucshia pink that can be toned down. I love the amplified finish as it glides on smooth. I pair this with Mac. Currant and sometimes the Mac. Girl about town lipglass.

on 11/10/2015 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This lipstick is so pretty...the right pink shade the texture and pigmentation all amazing...i'm an nc35 looks very nice and it would suit all skin tones...

on 10/23/2015 4:57:00 AM

My 3rd MAC lippie. I'm not a Kim Kardashian fan, but it was her who got me into this lippie. This is the lippie that got me out of my comfortable MLBB zone to try bold, bright and punchy colors.

Girl About Town is a fuchsia lipstick. It's somewhat hot pink too, but mostly fuchsia. It's an amplified cream, which is my favorite lipstick finish because its opaque and glides like butter on your lips. Personally, swiping it felt like a lustre finish. Among all my amplifieds this particular shade is the most long-lasting. One time, I slept without bothering to take my makeup off and it's still there. You can never take it off easily with wet wipes or even with soap and running water. It's so pigmented that you can survive 4-6 hours without retouching, and it leaves a very pretty cherry stain as it fades.

Speaking of color, I really really love this shade. An instant pick-me-up, it brightens the whole face. It's one of those rare colors where you can get away with leaving the rest of your face without makeup (with the exception of BB cream, in my case) and look flattering. I think it will suit a lot of skintones.

I recommend this color to people who are thinking twice if whether they will dip their fingers on the world of reds yet. This is a good start. Believe me, it wouldn't dissappoint.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick is a gorgeous bright fuschia shade and brightens my whole complexion.
It's a really bright, fun pop of colour - great for nights out or to stand out during the day.

It glides on really smoothly and is quite moisturising, not dry at all.
I use More to Love Mac lip liner with it and the colours work really well together.

I would definitely recommend this lip colour of you're looking for something fun, bright, and girly to add to your collection.

on 8/23/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Girl about town was my very first Mac lipstick. And still my favourite. It's creamy so I don't use a lip balm before applying it. One swipe gives a beautiful stain to the lips. I love it

This is a must have colour for every girly girl! It is a bright Barbie pink which is eye catching and very fun - perfect for nights out. It applies very smoothly and is very creamy. It has excellent colour payoff and good staying power - lasts for 3-4 hours even while eating and drinking. It is such a fun colour and I think it would be flattering on a large variety of skin tones (I am NC20 for reference). This is definitely one of my top 5 lipsticks from MAC.

on 4/14/2015 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

NC44 for reference.
This colour is gorgeous yet does look quite similar on my skin tone to MAC AMPLIFIED which is a brighter pinker shade.
Having said that I used to prefer MAC AMPLIFIED until I used this colour on a night out.I did not have to reapply once. So I decided to test it for work to see if it still had the staying power and yes after eating ,drinking (at least 3 cups of coffee), got home almost 10 hours later my lipstick had not budged. Still looked like I just applied it. Best of all I didn't even use a lip primer.
Definitely will re purchase.

on 4/2/2015 9:54:00 PM

Girl About Town was the first mac lipstick I ever bought and it's still one of my favourites. Yes you can get similar shades elsewhere but the staying power is amazing- it's also slightly staining which means it lasts longer! I love that the most about this lipstick.