Mary Kay Mary Kay Deep Cleanser Formula 3

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Mary Kay Mary Kay Deep Cleanser Formula 3

4.3

NGREDIENTS: water, sodium cocoyl isethionate, stearic acid, butylene glycol, cetyl alcohol, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, triethanolamine, cocamidopropyl betaine, acrylates copolymer, sodium chloride, propylene glycol, disodium EDTA, diazolideinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, anthemis nobilis flower extract, DMDM hydantoin

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

At first I was really skeptical about this cleanser. I used it a few times and my skin dryed out a lot. I used alittle bit of my timewise moisturizer and it fixed it. I have really oily skin and so I have to be careful with certain cleansers or moisturizers. I have been using it now for about 2-3 months and still have a lot of product left. I use it twice a day once in the morning and then again at night and I don't have to use the moisturizer it stoped drying my face out. It is realitvly cheap, and is basically unscented. It rinses good and foams nicely. I will definatly buy again.

on 1/14/2012 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I liked this for my oily acne prone skin, it leaves me feeling very clean. But I find it a tad too drying to repurchase and I have to use a moisturizer or I start peeling.

UPDATE: I take it back: it IS too drying for my face. after continued use my face started peeling, looking flaky under makeup and feeling uncomfortably tight. Up for swap it goes!
OLD REVIEW:
This is a surprisingly good cleanser. It cleans really well without drying/stripping the skin. I have combination skin - oily in my T-zone but often dry on my cheeks/sides of mouth. Most cleansers either dry me out, leaving white patches, or they don't clean well at all and leave me with clogged pores. This one cleans well (my pores have gotten smaller since using it!) AND isn't too drying. That said, when it's really cold outside & I use this twice a day my face can get a little dry, but it's no big deal. It would be perfect for a humid summer though!
The other things I like about this cleanser: perfect texture. it's a pretty pearly cream that lathers up a little & gets ALL makeup off really well. Rinses really clean leaving no residue. It only takes a little bit of cleanser - a little goes a long way so it lasts a long time. It's fragrance free and free of other irritants, and free of SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate). The squeezy bottle is very convenient.
What I don't like about this cleanser: it has parabens, and I'm trying to get away from using parabens. I hate having to buy it from a Mary Kay lady- the last one I saw was so pusy and aggressive that I will not repurchase from her - maybe I can swap for one. I really disagree with the way Mary Kay sells their products in the pyramid type scheme.

on 12/1/2010 1:14:00 PM

Nice basic cleanser. I use it at night only and it does a great job at makeup removal (I don't use a separate makup remover), and leaves your skin feeling clean. I've used this product for about 10 years. I am not big on 'moisturizing' cleansers at night because they don't feel like they clean your skin enough. I pair this with an exfoliator for better results.

on 10/16/2009 11:38:00 PM

I love this cleanser. I like products that get my skin feeling uber clean, and this does the trick. It foams fairly well and washes off without drying you out. Although, I should note that I always apply moisturizer after washing my face. The only product I've found that works *almost* as well is Olay's deep cleanser with witch hazel.

EDIT: I've discovered that Clinique's Rinse-off foaming cleanser works just as well, if not better. I think I will probably switch between the two.

on 5/30/2009 4:23:00 PM

THE BEST CLEANSER!!!! love love love this. If you have oily/acne prone skin you need to try this. I can not say enough about it. It cleans my face, leaves it soft, clear and I don't get that tight feeling. I love that it is fragrance free and has a pearl like consistancy. Mary Kay is very underated. This cleanser is amazing...enough said! ;-)

on 5/8/2009 3:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I generally have good luck with the classic skincare line from MK. I bought this because my skin was starting to get oily and breaking out more often than I like.
I like this cleanser because for the price, I find that you get a pretty decent amount of product. I'm sure that this bottle will last me throughout the summer and then some. I like the pearly consistency of this lotion too and how it makes my face feel squeaky clean. I usually use this in the morning when I shower and also at night to wash my face with.
Just using this product alone over the past couple of weeks has definitely helped my skin clear up. I don't believe there's any acne medication in this, but I just feel it really has helped. Will definitely repurchase this cleanser.

on 11/3/2006 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this cleanser for years. I have very oily skin. This is a basic no frills cleanser. It gets makeup and eye makeup off. I still followed up with a toner to get the last traces. I switched cleanser when Mary Kay came out with Timewise. I would recommend this cleanser to anyone who wanted a basic cleanser. You can also buy a separate reusable pump for the bottle.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A very thorough cleanser and you don't have to use much. Lasts forever. I have combo skin and it didn't leave it too dry, and thoroughly cleansed the oily areas. I like to "check" my cleanser by the residue on my toner pad...there is virtually nothing after this cleanser. Great product, and great price. My one complaint is that the bottle is opaque and you can't really tell how much is left.