Mary Kay Mary Kay Deep Cleanser Formula 3

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Mary Kay Mary Kay Deep Cleanser Formula 3

3.9

NGREDIENTS: water, sodium cocoyl isethionate, stearic acid, butylene glycol, cetyl alcohol, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, triethanolamine, cocamidopropyl betaine, acrylates copolymer, sodium chloride, propylene glycol, disodium EDTA, diazolideinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, anthemis nobilis flower extract, DMDM hydantoin

on 2/4/2013 9:17:00 PM

Mary Kay claims that this product is non-comedogenic (wont clog pores). I used it for years, not knowing that it was worsening my acne. It has to of the most pore clogging ingredients out there! Sodium Chloride and Potassium chloride.

Does what it says it does. Cleans well without over drying. Removes sunscreen and foundation really well, and most of the eyeliner/mascara (I usually use an eye makeup remover anyway). A little goes a long way-just a pea size will do ya-it rinses well. Overall a good product. It took about 9 months to go through a bottle so overall its more economical than drugstore cleasers.

Made in America
Tests on animals for Chinese markets only
Privately owned.

UPDATE: I take it back: it IS too drying for my face. after continued use my face started peeling, looking flaky under makeup and feeling uncomfortably tight. Up for swap it goes!
OLD REVIEW:
This is a surprisingly good cleanser. It cleans really well without drying/stripping the skin. I have combination skin - oily in my T-zone but often dry on my cheeks/sides of mouth. Most cleansers either dry me out, leaving white patches, or they don't clean well at all and leave me with clogged pores. This one cleans well (my pores have gotten smaller since using it!) AND isn't too drying. That said, when it's really cold outside & I use this twice a day my face can get a little dry, but it's no big deal. It would be perfect for a humid summer though!
The other things I like about this cleanser: perfect texture. it's a pretty pearly cream that lathers up a little & gets ALL makeup off really well. Rinses really clean leaving no residue. It only takes a little bit of cleanser - a little goes a long way so it lasts a long time. It's fragrance free and free of other irritants, and free of SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate). The squeezy bottle is very convenient.
What I don't like about this cleanser: it has parabens, and I'm trying to get away from using parabens. I hate having to buy it from a Mary Kay lady- the last one I saw was so pusy and aggressive that I will not repurchase from her - maybe I can swap for one. I really disagree with the way Mary Kay sells their products in the pyramid type scheme.

on 12/1/2010 1:14:00 PM

Nice basic cleanser. I use it at night only and it does a great job at makeup removal (I don't use a separate makup remover), and leaves your skin feeling clean. I've used this product for about 10 years. I am not big on 'moisturizing' cleansers at night because they don't feel like they clean your skin enough. I pair this with an exfoliator for better results.

on 8/20/2009 6:13:00 PM

I am 30 and have four children and with each child my skin got worse and worse. My youngest is 10 months and I have tried everything to clear up my acne during my pregnancy and after he was born. Then I tried this cleanser, with the formula 3 toner, mary kay spot treatment, and age defying moisturizer...no joke my face was cleared up within one week. I did not realize how bad my skin even truly was until I found a picture of myself from two months ago. I don't even look like the same person. My skin is acne free, and it glows. I don't even use a foundation anymore....

on 5/30/2009 4:23:00 PM

THE BEST CLEANSER!!!! love love love this. If you have oily/acne prone skin you need to try this. I can not say enough about it. It cleans my face, leaves it soft, clear and I don't get that tight feeling. I love that it is fragrance free and has a pearl like consistancy. Mary Kay is very underated. This cleanser is amazing...enough said! ;-)

on 5/8/2009 3:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I generally have good luck with the classic skincare line from MK. I bought this because my skin was starting to get oily and breaking out more often than I like.
I like this cleanser because for the price, I find that you get a pretty decent amount of product. I'm sure that this bottle will last me throughout the summer and then some. I like the pearly consistency of this lotion too and how it makes my face feel squeaky clean. I usually use this in the morning when I shower and also at night to wash my face with.
Just using this product alone over the past couple of weeks has definitely helped my skin clear up. I don't believe there's any acne medication in this, but I just feel it really has helped. Will definitely repurchase this cleanser.

on 9/28/2007 12:50:00 PM

This is horrible stuff. My face was covered with small white heads after 2 days of using it, I stoped and got my money back.

on 12/27/2006 1:56:00 PM

I like this cleanser because it's gentle and does not irritate or dry out my skin. I have oily skin and have clogged pores. This cleanser does not do any miracle, but it's an effective yet gentle cleanser that I can use in the morning or night. Fragrance free and foam up nicely.

on 4/25/2006 10:37:00 AM

i love this cleanser!!!! it's the best for spuper oily skin! makes my pimples ALL gone. my pores look 1000times smaller. thank mary-kay..