Mary Kay Mary Kay Deep Cleanser Formula 3

Mary Kay Mary Kay Deep Cleanser Formula 3

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is by far one of my favourite products from Mary Kay. I am a self professed cleanser junkie and I could have only dreamed that a cleanser like this was out there!
It is a nice creamy, but not greasy, pearl like consistency that lathers somewhat like noxzema, and yet cleans absolutely every scrap of makeup I have on even after one go. I usually have to wash twice with any other cleanser just for my own sanity.
The bottle (and most MK products in general) is just so pretty and I love that it is a squeeze bottle ensuring you can get every ounce out of it. There is also a pump available for those who prefer that in a cleanser as well.
It has no fragrance or colors, and suits just about any skin type in my mind. I can see that it may be drying over time for someone who has quite dry skin already but for me, I swear this will be my cleanser for as long as I can buy it for. I know I sound kinda crazy but I have acne-prone skin and every deep cleanser I have ever tried either dries my skin til it cracks (Neutrogena Deep Clean Gel Cleanser) or takes more than one wash and isn't deep cleaning at all (Olay Deep Cleaning Face wash with Witch Hazel). I only use those examples as I'm sure most oily skin girls know what I am talking about!

Here are the ingredients as well, seeing as how it is impossible to find them online anywhere:

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamide DIBA - S t e a rate, Quaternium-26, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sodium Chloride, Polysorbate 60, Diazolidinyl Urea,
Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Chamomile Extract.

on 9/17/2007 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

INGREDIENTS: water, sodium cocoyl isethionate, stearic acid, butylene glycol, cetyl alcohol, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, triethanolamine, cocamidopropyl betaine, acrylates copolymer, sodium chloride, propylene glycol, disodium EDTA, diazolideinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, anthemis nobilis flower extract, DMDM hydantoin.

on 5/1/2007 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have used Mary Kay Formula 3 products (Cleanser, Toner, Lotion and Mask) for about seven years now and I love them. I have oily acne prone skin and these products have done wonders for me. I started using them the summer I moved from dry Utah climate to humid Connecticut climate, and they cleared up my skin right away. I've tried others (Paula's Choice, Clinique) and have come back to Mary Kay. I don't use any other Mary Kay makeup products but I think the skin care line is terrific! I will keep repurchasing as long at they keep making it.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really do like this product by Mary Kay. There is a pump for this cleanser. You have to request it from your Mary Kay Consultant specifically for the Deep Cleanser Formula 3 or you can order it from Ebay. I bought mine from Ebay for about $2.50. Anyway, this cleanser is great! I have Super oily, acne prone, and sensitive skin. I use this along with the Blemish Control Toner. My skin is finally at peace. I have less acne. My blemishes has cleared significantly. Most of all, the cleanser is fragrance Free. There is no itching, stinging or burning of the face and eyes. I call it the "fire face effect." If you decide to buy this cleanser, it will be money well spent.

on 9/27/2005 2:42:00 PM

This is a surprisingly good cleanser. I found the words "Deep Cleanser" a little frightening (I have combo skin with an oily t-zone but also dry areas that are very sensitive and prone to rosacea). But this cleaned well without being too drying or stripping. Still I would not recommend this to really dry types. It did not remove my eye makeup as well as I'd like but it did ok in that department. And contrary to some Mary Kay products there was no obnoxious scent. This has a very light foam which may be a turnoff to those who like a really foamy cleanser. Personally I find that cleansers with a heavier foam tend to irritate my skin so the lack of suds doesn't really bother me. This actually reminds me a lot of Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser with its pearly consistency and light foaming. I would agree that the packaging needs to be updated. At least give it a flip top cap so you don't have to unscrew the lid every time.

on 2/4/2013 9:17:00 PM

Mary Kay claims that this product is non-comedogenic (wont clog pores). I used it for years, not knowing that it was worsening my acne. It has to of the most pore clogging ingredients out there! Sodium Chloride and Potassium chloride.

on 12/29/2012 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my holy grail cleanser. My skin is oily in the warmer months and closer to normal during the cooler months. I use this cleanser year round because it cleans my skin and removes the right amount of oil. Not too much, because that will only cause the skin to overcompensate by producing a lot more oil. This cleanser also removes makeup extremely well and is fragrance free. My consultant sells me the products at a discount, so the cost is reasonable. If you would like to purchase inexpensively, check Ebay and Craigslist.

Does what it says it does. Cleans well without over drying. Removes sunscreen and foundation really well, and most of the eyeliner/mascara (I usually use an eye makeup remover anyway). A little goes a long way-just a pea size will do ya-it rinses well. Overall a good product. It took about 9 months to go through a bottle so overall its more economical than drugstore cleasers.

Made in America
Tests on animals for Chinese markets only
Privately owned.

on 8/19/2012 5:35:00 PM

Great cream cleanser! Soft and makes my face feel like its never been cleaner!!!
I use the marykay toner after i use this and then i use a moisturizer! All by marykay :)!

Great product line :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

At first I was really skeptical about this cleanser. I used it a few times and my skin dryed out a lot. I used alittle bit of my timewise moisturizer and it fixed it. I have really oily skin and so I have to be careful with certain cleansers or moisturizers. I have been using it now for about 2-3 months and still have a lot of product left. I use it twice a day once in the morning and then again at night and I don't have to use the moisturizer it stoped drying my face out. It is realitvly cheap, and is basically unscented. It rinses good and foams nicely. I will definatly buy again.