Mary Kay Mary Kay Deep Cleanser Formula 3

Filtered by age: 25-29
Mary Kay Mary Kay Deep Cleanser Formula 3

3.5

NGREDIENTS: water, sodium cocoyl isethionate, stearic acid, butylene glycol, cetyl alcohol, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, triethanolamine, cocamidopropyl betaine, acrylates copolymer, sodium chloride, propylene glycol, disodium EDTA, diazolideinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, anthemis nobilis flower extract, DMDM hydantoin

on 1/14/2012 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I liked this for my oily acne prone skin, it leaves me feeling very clean. But I find it a tad too drying to repurchase and I have to use a moisturizer or I start peeling.

UPDATE: I take it back: it IS too drying for my face. after continued use my face started peeling, looking flaky under makeup and feeling uncomfortably tight. Up for swap it goes!
OLD REVIEW:
This is a surprisingly good cleanser. It cleans really well without drying/stripping the skin. I have combination skin - oily in my T-zone but often dry on my cheeks/sides of mouth. Most cleansers either dry me out, leaving white patches, or they don't clean well at all and leave me with clogged pores. This one cleans well (my pores have gotten smaller since using it!) AND isn't too drying. That said, when it's really cold outside & I use this twice a day my face can get a little dry, but it's no big deal. It would be perfect for a humid summer though!
The other things I like about this cleanser: perfect texture. it's a pretty pearly cream that lathers up a little & gets ALL makeup off really well. Rinses really clean leaving no residue. It only takes a little bit of cleanser - a little goes a long way so it lasts a long time. It's fragrance free and free of other irritants, and free of SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate). The squeezy bottle is very convenient.
What I don't like about this cleanser: it has parabens, and I'm trying to get away from using parabens. I hate having to buy it from a Mary Kay lady- the last one I saw was so pusy and aggressive that I will not repurchase from her - maybe I can swap for one. I really disagree with the way Mary Kay sells their products in the pyramid type scheme.

on 10/16/2009 11:38:00 PM

I love this cleanser. I like products that get my skin feeling uber clean, and this does the trick. It foams fairly well and washes off without drying you out. Although, I should note that I always apply moisturizer after washing my face. The only product I've found that works *almost* as well is Olay's deep cleanser with witch hazel.

EDIT: I've discovered that Clinique's Rinse-off foaming cleanser works just as well, if not better. I think I will probably switch between the two.

on 4/18/2008 2:00:00 PM

This stuff was horrible on my face!!! It broke my face out so bad and felt like it was burning it. I had huge cystic acne on my chin and tons of whiteheads after using this for about 3 weeks. As soon as I stopped using it, my face improved a lot. It took awhile to overcome the effects of it and calm my face down. I'm gonna have marks for awhile from this one. Horrible stuff.

on 9/28/2007 12:50:00 PM

This is horrible stuff. My face was covered with small white heads after 2 days of using it, I stoped and got my money back.

on 11/3/2006 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this cleanser for years. I have very oily skin. This is a basic no frills cleanser. It gets makeup and eye makeup off. I still followed up with a toner to get the last traces. I switched cleanser when Mary Kay came out with Timewise. I would recommend this cleanser to anyone who wanted a basic cleanser. You can also buy a separate reusable pump for the bottle.

on 4/25/2006 10:37:00 AM

i love this cleanser!!!! it's the best for spuper oily skin! makes my pimples ALL gone. my pores look 1000times smaller. thank mary-kay..

on 11/6/2004 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I always come back to this cleanser. It is very gentle for my combo skin and removes all my makeup for me. I don't particularly like cleansers that are too foamy/sudsy (as they always leave me feeling as if I'm too dry ) so this is the perfect cleanser for me. If you're looking for a cleanser that is gentle so that when you put treatment products on it doesn't irritate or burn, then definitely give this one a try.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a very gentle cleanser that is for oily skin. I have very oily skin and this seemed to clean my skin fairly well. However, I had to use a separate cleanser to take off my makeup. Even with the makeup remover, the deep cleanser formula 3 still did not completely clean my skin. When I used a toner, I would still get a couple of cotton balls full of makeup. Would not repurchase for this reason.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and have always found it very difficult to find a suitable cleanser. Have to admit I was skeptical. Have been using it for a few weeks, and this one is great! I've noticed my sking feels less oily throughout the day. Doesn't strip my skin or leave it feeling irritated at all...AND it doesn't leave it feeling "coated"...it's just perfect. I will definitely keep using it.