RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I would not describe this lippie as groundbreaking or HG, but I was sufficiently impressed by it. On me it's a beige peach nude, more light brownish without the pink undertone I usually get in most "nudes". It doesn't add much color to my face, but it's polished, slightly moist/glossy, and would go well with looks that want the main focus either on the eyes or cheeks. A good staple to have, even if I don't use it every day.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I really really love this shade, but I wouldn't call it a "nude". For me, that's a positive thing. I'm very fairly complected and I need some color on my lips to keep me from looking like a corpse.

This is a very pretty natural color; sort of a warm, peachy flesh tone. But don't cringe when I say "peachy". It doesn't scream peach. It's a very subtle peach tint, which makes it perfect for those who are warm, but pale. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a nude that is suitable for pale skin that doesn't have pink undertones, so for me, this is a real find.

However...I took off one lippie becaue I'm not crazy about the consistency. It's very, very sheer; almost the consistency of a gloss. It really doesn't last long on it's own. I layer it over Rimmel's long wearing lip liner in Tiramisu and that creates a very pretty, long lasting effect.

All in all, for the price, it's a nice product and a beautiful shade. I almost always layer my lip products anyway, so no hardship there. Because the color is so perfect for me, I'll definitely purchase again.

on 9/30/2009 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to love this nude color after seeing some of the reviews but it was too ashy and dark on my NW20-25 skintone. I picked up something that has more peach in it, Revlon Almost Nude and its my favorite nude lipstick so far! Sexy not sickly :)

on 9/24/2009 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

My absolute favorite MLBB lipstick. I carry this in my purse at all times cause I can always rely on it to look good. I don't know why it's called Lasting Finish cause it's not the longest lasting lipstick, but I don't mind reapplying cause I love the way it smells. It's so moisturizing and easy to apply that I treat it like lipbalm. I only wish it had an SPF!

I'm pale and cool-toned, so this looks kind of an orangey-tan on me- but I like it. Moisturising, buildable coverage, not too sparkly, but not matte- great for days I want a nude lip that has a little more going on. Fabulous price, and always on BOGO at drugstores. I probably paid $2 or $3 for it, and it's honestly worth more.

Great staying power, and great to layer with gloss, but, as many others have noted, it smells atrocious. Kind of a plastic sugary caramel scent (smells a little like the new UD lipsticks, actually) that occasionally gives me a headache after application, but fades in half an hour or so. I love the color, so it's not a deal-breaker, but if you're sensitive to fragrance, this may not be your lipstick.

I would definitely repurchase- a high quality, no-fuss beige-nude lippie that's quite a steal.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree it is a warm nude. It has some luminousity to it.. so it glows. I loved it in the store and when I tried it on at home. It's a peachy nude on me. With some subtle pink to keep it from being dull.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I completely agree with a previous review: this is meant for warm complexions with darker skin and not for cool toned PPP's. I'm a PPP, neutral/cool and it looks muddy/orange/beige and like death on me. It also was quite drying and not smooth when trying to apply.

on 10/31/2008 10:51:00 AM

It's really lovely, cheap and lasts quite a while nor is extremely drying.
The color looks pretty neutral on me, really pretty with slight peach undertones. For the price it's a good product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i read that this is a good nude lipcolor, but on me it does not work at all. i am fair with cool undertones and this came up orangey on me. i much prefer and recommend Rimmel Airy Fairy as a cool equivalent! the Rimmel formula is moisturizing and almost a bit sheer--you can really slather it on and it does not seem to build the color. as a result this seems to wear off and not be very long-lasting, so i have no idea why it is marketed as long-lasting. the smell is unusual but kind of pretty, not fruity at all, a bit perfumey but it is pleasant to me. i really wanted to like this--i had heard this was a kind of angelina nude--but no way! i can't imagine why anyone would think that. the packaging is so-so. not gaudy at all, but the cap came off in my purse and that is a real no-no! if you have cool undertones, go get Airy Fairy instead!

on 1/16/2008 12:31:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I can't believe it--I actually found a nude lipstick that doesn't make me look like an extra from "Night of the Living Dead." (I regularly amaze MAC SA's when they swear "Twig will look GREAT on you" and then they look absolutely horrified when it's applied to my lips.) This is a great, warm, peachy nude with absolutely no brown or grey. It's a true skintone color and I love it. My teenager even tried to steal it from me. By the way, Rimmel has repackaged this--at a higher cost, of course-- and I just picked up a tube in the old packaging for only $2.