Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/2/2013 5:34:00 AM

I love this lipstick! I have been looking for a lipstick that was darker than my Mac Myth but not too dark/ brown looking on my (approx NW25) skin. I love the sheer texture of it, reminds me of a Mac Lustre lipstick. I love the soft terracotta nude shade it is on my lips (for reference my lips are the same shade as Mac Blankety). Some people have compared this to Mac High tea and I think they might be correct. The only thing is that I wish it stayed on a bit longer but since I only paid about NZ$8.00 on ASOS I don't mind too much. I will definitely buy it again.

on 11/16/2012 4:34:00 PM

Pros:
Nice slightly darker than nude shade.
Applies easily and evenly.
Lasts slightly longer than your average lipstick.

Cons:
Slightly drying.

on 4/20/2010 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought the 250 version from a clearance sale. Good thing it was so cheap, because there's not a whole lot of product. I have GWP lipsticks with more product in them.

I thought it would be more of a nude, but it's just a metallic-y version of the colour of my lips. It looks nicer with a lip balm underneath than when used alone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I originally swatched this and thought that it was too shimmery/metallic, but then gave it another chance and I am so glad that I did! It is such a wearable, warm toned nude, with very subtle shimmer, that on my lips is barely noticeable.
The packaging is a bit on the plain side, but as the product itself is so great I'm not too bothered. I love the fact that it is long wearing, but doesn't dry the lips out. I think that the lasting finish range is one of the best drugstore lipsticks you can buy and I'll def. be checking out the other colours in the range.

on 8/2/2009 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought the last three, enough said. Great nude lipstick for cheap and keep in mind its more of a nude for darker skin women, like me im nc45 so on me it's like a tan nude color, can't really explain it, lighter than mac's touch lipstick which i also see as a nude lip for women my complexion or darker. Try it and i highly recommend!

on 12/12/2008 4:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

this is definitely not a nude for fair skinned ladies-NC20 and below. The colour can be described as tan/caramel and provides a sweet and earthy colour for your lips. The texture is a little dry and the staying power is good, although you need some gloss on top for a nice finish.
Nice addition to your stash, if you do not own anything similar, but not so unique IMO.

on 9/21/2008 5:36:00 AM

This looked like a nice light neutral. It went on darker than you'd think by looking at it in the tube. I still like it. It wears ok for such an inexpensive product. Since it's a longer wearing lipstick, it is a bit drying. Applying a balm first really helps.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I needed a nice neutral lippie easy to stick in the purse and this is it! Lovely soft hint of color, moist & not waxy, & has a light flavor/fragrance/something, that reminds me a bit of MAC lipsticks.

ETA--not as happy with this after a while--it dried out quickly. :-( Changed my mind, would prolly not buy again.

on 7/30/2008 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is one of those colors that I think looks completely different on everyone. I bought this based on a picture of it in a magazine, looked like a deep nude brown. On my lips, it looks pinkish. Not even close to what the pic in the magazine looked like. That said, I do like it. It's a perfect summer color, looks great when I use a bronzer. I've looked at some of the photos in the reviews on this, and they look totally different than the color presents on my lips!! But I would probably purchase this again, I like the way the lipstick feels on my lips, nice pigment, decent smell, but not much staying power at all. But what the hecks, it's cheap enough!!

***PICS INCLUDED***

I think Birthday Suit is more flattering for warmer toned complexions. If you are pale or cool-toned, I think it would end up too dark and/or brown looking to be a flattering nude. However, at this cheap price, its probably worth it to try and see how well it suits you anyways ^_^ I found Birthday Suit to be on the sheerer side of formulas, but still able to build up the color. Also, try this one with Rimmel's liner in Tiramisu, its a very nice match.

Flash: