Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/10/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Nice colour but the finish is a bit too glittery
Looks cakey and makes your lips look dry and peeled...

on 4/12/2013 1:45:00 PM

This is one of Rimmel's "oldskool" shades- I am not sure how long it has been on the go but I know I had a tube back in the 90's, along with Latino, Asia, Heather Shimmer- those were also definitely around back then. I'm on a bit of a retro makeup-from-my-youth kick at the minute so I thought I'd pick up another for old times sake with the 3 for 2 offer on in Boots every so often.

First thing I want to say about this line is the fragrance- it's heavy. It's heavy smelt in the tube, it's heavy when you apply and it's heavy for some time wearing it. I think the scent is supposed to be cherry- but it's terribly synthetic. I think that might be a real deal breaker if you prefer your products to have less olfactory offence.

Going by the name Birthday Suit you'd imagine this to be a nude shade- and it sort of is, sort of isn't. First thing is that it is undeniably warm toned. It is a caramel/toffee type colour with super fine milled shimmer that is not apparent in the bullet but influences the golden frosted sort of look that it has on the lips. On me it is actually quite pretty but it isn't the sort of colour that is going to suit everyone.

The texture of Birthday Suit is pretty waxy- I certainly don't think that this is a bad thing, there are some HE products that are worse- it is more about whether or not that personally bothers you when it comes to how you like your lipstick to feel on. Remembering of course that you can always mix with balm or other products to change the texture if needs be. I found lasting time to be average to good on me (2-3 hours) so no complaints there.

To summarise this is going to be good for you if:
* You like wearing colours in the warm caramel/toffee family.
* You don't mind the heavy scent.
* You don't mind l/s with a waxy texture/feel.

If all those boxes are ticked then go for it! You might love it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I cant say I loved this lipstick. I was expecting quite a natural nude and it looks quiet orange on me. The smell is pleasant but a little overpowering. I also dont think the staying power was that great for a lipstick thats meant to be long lasting. I have never tried a Rimmel lipstick and will not be running back in a hurry. The price of them are reasonable but the quality leaves a little to be desired.

on 1/20/2012 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This lipstick is a nice peachy/nude colour. Doesnt last long however even though its called 'lasting finish' and I reapply a few times during the day. Wouldnt be a lippy I choose for going out or dressing up but something I keep in my bag all the time for when i need it! I would repurchase again x

This was one of my fav lipsticks, but has been discontinued. Anyone know of a similar shade (from any line)?

on 11/2/2010 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Pros:
-Very moisturizing
-Very nice browny nude peachy colour with shimmer
-Glides on smoothly
-Very pigmented
-Smells great
Cons:
-Not long lasting
-May settle in the lines of your lips slightly.
Yet this is a great lipstick at a great price. Will repurchase :)

on 8/2/2010 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

I like the colour but it's not as creamy as I'd like and not as moisturizing. The colour lasts but the lipstick is a bit drying. Also, the packaging sucks...the lid keeps coming off but the look of the product is nice. I'll probably try a different type of lipstick or I'll just stick to my hunt for a coloured lip gloss.

on 7/14/2010 10:57:00 AM

Everyone who says this is a nude lipstick lies. It's somewhere between YLBB and brown. It's a dark peachy brown with copper undertones and pearly shimmer. It doesn't have an opaque white base (like Pink Champagne from the Lasting Finish line, for example), so all it will do is add a browny shimmery hue to your lips.

If you have very pale lips it will show up as a nude, obviously. My lips are quite rosy and pigmented so Birthday Suit only darkens them. It's a nice lippie, really, goes on smooth, stays relatively long and doesn't dry out my lips, it's cheap, available everywhere etc.

But it screams 90s.

Seriously, slather this on, colour block some mid-brown e/s on your lids, straighten your hair and voila, now you look like your standard 90s female sitcom character.

For that alone I try to avoid using this lippie on its own. I usually prime my lips with some foundation, apply Birthday Suit, blot it, powder it and apply another layer. That way it's a nice nude shade but it doesn't last long enough to make all the work worth it. There are better and more contemporary looking nude lippies out there so no need to repurchase this, really. If you want a nice and cheap nude, try Rimmel Nude Delight.

on 5/29/2010 2:19:00 PM

not drying and does last quite some time. but doesn't really show up on my lips either.
it just gives me a frosty tint.

on 5/18/2010 12:15:00 PM

Not the best lipstick i've tried, but definitely not the best either.
Its too shimmery/frosty for my liking and too much of a brown tone.
Pair it with a light gloss like Mac's C-thru and it can work.