Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit
Rimmel Lasting Finish Rimmel Birthday Suit in 121 & 250Rimmel

3.9

This is a great shade on my cool toned pale skin. It looks very natural and quite sophisticated. The staying power isn't great, but I only paid two dollars for it, so I'm alright with reapplying if I need to.

on 10/23/2009 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a nice lipstick. Though I feel the color is better suited for warmer skin tones than mine, as I'm very fair. I can pull it off, though. I really like it if I've 'nuded'(w/ concealer or something) out my lips and put it on over that. Very pretty. And I love the scent! It's a little bit like Juicy Fruit gum. :)

I don't think I'd buy this particular color again, though.

on 9/26/2009 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Edit: I just read the review above mine, and "too ashy" is definitely the way to describe this. I think the ashy color in this is what makes me think that my skin looks too red when I put this color on.
~Every time I attempt to wear this lipstick, I end up wiping it off. I'm not completely sure why, but the color just doesn't work on me. I'm pale to light with yellow undertones (and since purchasing this I've realized I look better in rose to purple shades). This color makes my lips look too brown and really emphasizes the red in my skin. Not attractive in the slightest. I'm not a huge fan of the texture of these (but I guess they are not that bad for the price) they really don't wear well at all, teeth transfer is a definite possibility, and I cannot stand the smell. I do not want my makeup to smell like cake/candy, drives me nuts lol. Anyhoo, not for me, though I have to admit it looks really nice on some people, just doesn't work w my coloring.

this is a really great quality nude for a cheap drugstore price. no need to go to the department stores, just check out your local walgreens and look for this shade. i would say it is rather medium in the color family for beige, not too dark and not washing-you-out-too pale. will repurchase if i run out, also looks really great when paired with rimmel's crush. and lastly, the scent is sugary and (IMO) pleasant.

on 4/11/2009 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a nude with a very slight coraly-pink sheen. It's gorgeous in the tube and on. Very wearable with a lipbalm base or without and a good complement to both dramatic smoky eyes and taupes. It's got just enough pigment to look fine with a natural look instead of washing me out (pale, brown/blue.) I love this.

**EDIT just wanted to add that I reach for this pinky-satin caramel color more and more now that I'm a redhead. It's just so versatile and flattering!

on 1/18/2009 1:26:00 PM

What a great drugstore find! I picked this up after someone in the Yahoo community suggested it to me. This is a really flattering pinky-peachy-caramel color on my fair-medium skin. The only gripe I have about this product is that the fragrance smells awful, think cough syrup. But it's not horrible enough that I wouldn't buy it again. I love this lipstick--it's the only one I ever wear and a staple in my makeup bag.

on 6/19/2008 6:50:00 PM

i hardly ever wear lipstick (ok, never... just whatever gloss is nearby) but i stumbled across this review and decided to try it out. amazingly, this is definitly MLBB. the packaging is cute- it doesnt try to look expensive (most ds products that do this end up looking cheap, in my opinion) the little crown on the lid is cute. i dropped it and it didnt crack so its great. i also picked up rimmel's 1000 kisses tira misu lip liner (i never use lip liner either haha) which is perfect for me also. i put on a bit of balm, line with tira misue, swipe a very light layer of this on, and then top off with just a tiny DAB of whatever lightly pigmented light pink lipgloss i have lying around- looks AWESOME! and extremely natural- ive never tried a lip color that was my lips but better but now i finally see the appeal! staying power is so-so, the liner rubbed over my entire lips helps, as does putting a dab of concealer on my lips before i do everything. for reference, i have fair skin that has marked light golden/yellow (but not sickly) undertones, medium ash blonde hair and blue eyes. the only thing i DO NOT like is the formula is a bit drying, that is why it gets a four and not a five! will buy again :)

on 5/20/2008 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wow, fantastic lipstick for $5! It is the perfect nude lipstick for me (fair/warm w/red undertones, blue/green eyes, brown hair). Goes on creamy and has a slight shimmer. Lasts a long time and is not drying even as it starts wearing off (as other lipsticks do to me). I also have Kasbah, and Asia which are great too. Love the price so much I'm off to buy more, 1 for my desk and 1 for my car.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When everyone said this was the perfect nude i think i was thinking it was a bit lighter. Its a nice colour but its kind of a medium beige, not really that nude kind of more brown. I love the consostency just not too impressed by the colour.

on 3/30/2008 2:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm surprised at how nice this product is! It's a nice neutral shade that gives my lips some color without looking too bright/loud. The texture is somewhat creamy. It doesn't smell too strong for me. I really like it!