Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/10/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Nice colour but the finish is a bit too glittery
Looks cakey and makes your lips look dry and peeled...

on 5/2/2013 5:34:00 AM

I love this lipstick! I have been looking for a lipstick that was darker than my Mac Myth but not too dark/ brown looking on my (approx NW25) skin. I love the sheer texture of it, reminds me of a Mac Lustre lipstick. I love the soft terracotta nude shade it is on my lips (for reference my lips are the same shade as Mac Blankety). Some people have compared this to Mac High tea and I think they might be correct. The only thing is that I wish it stayed on a bit longer but since I only paid about NZ$8.00 on ASOS I don't mind too much. I will definitely buy it again.

This is a nude-peach lipstick which is just perfect for my naturally pigmented lips. It goes on smoothly when applied and can be a little drying after 3-4 hours of wear. Stays on for hours if you don't eat and/ or drink, it leaves kinda MLBB stain at the end of the day. I love the sweet scent which is not overwhelming.
Overall, I think this product is good.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I cant say I loved this lipstick. I was expecting quite a natural nude and it looks quiet orange on me. The smell is pleasant but a little overpowering. I also dont think the staying power was that great for a lipstick thats meant to be long lasting. I have never tried a Rimmel lipstick and will not be running back in a hurry. The price of them are reasonable but the quality leaves a little to be desired.

on 7/22/2010 10:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

love this nude!! i got it along with my rimmel airy fairy. its a really good nude colour for my yellow based skin tone, i use a lip balm underneath so it doesnt feel dry, and not heavy at all. i usually top it off with a lip gloss because its a cream colour and it just looks kinda flat and not very shiny on its own.

on 7/14/2010 10:57:00 AM

Everyone who says this is a nude lipstick lies. It's somewhere between YLBB and brown. It's a dark peachy brown with copper undertones and pearly shimmer. It doesn't have an opaque white base (like Pink Champagne from the Lasting Finish line, for example), so all it will do is add a browny shimmery hue to your lips.

If you have very pale lips it will show up as a nude, obviously. My lips are quite rosy and pigmented so Birthday Suit only darkens them. It's a nice lippie, really, goes on smooth, stays relatively long and doesn't dry out my lips, it's cheap, available everywhere etc.

But it screams 90s.

Seriously, slather this on, colour block some mid-brown e/s on your lids, straighten your hair and voila, now you look like your standard 90s female sitcom character.

For that alone I try to avoid using this lippie on its own. I usually prime my lips with some foundation, apply Birthday Suit, blot it, powder it and apply another layer. That way it's a nice nude shade but it doesn't last long enough to make all the work worth it. There are better and more contemporary looking nude lippies out there so no need to repurchase this, really. If you want a nice and cheap nude, try Rimmel Nude Delight.

Tried this out because it was a youtuber's fav 'nude' lip color. however, I am not satisfied. It's not very pigmented and seems to go on a bit sheer. I agree with other reviewers that it looks more like a 'warm toned nude' on the brown side. The color seemed like a natural lip color to me, didn't change my lip color much. Could barely tell I'm wearing it. I think it would be nice in the summer or when the sun is out so you can see the shine it puts out. Won't be using for winter.

UPDATE: Initially gave it 2 lippies, but now I added an extra one :) .. I am beginning to like this lipstick. I use it when I don't feel like having 'pale lips' and want to look more 'warm'. It's winter and I actually am using! It's not nude on me but darkens my natural berry lips. I like to use it alone. It's still sheer and application is smooth. I feel like it reminds me of MAC lustres? because its sheer. Not matte has somewhat of a shine (sparkle but not glittery). I would recommend for those who want a sheer but adds extra 'umph' to your natural lip color and warms up your face.

on 12/6/2009 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this is not a flattering color on me. i dont like the finish either, it looks cheap on me. its too brown. i was looking for a more nudey look. but its just...brown. i dont care for it at all so i will have to pair it and camoflauge with some gloss. its not drying though.

Love this color! It is a light copper on me. Slight shimmer and perfect for daytime. For reference, I have light medium skin (NC 25-30 SFF) with pinkish mauve lips naturally and this color is really flattering. I wear it with MAC Superduper Natural and Improvise blushes and the combination makes me look healthy and glowing ( not like a disco ball or anything). This lipstick will be a staple in my arsenal!
EDIT: this lipstick has good pigmentation and covers well. It is smooth and doesn't dry out my lips. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a good nude shade, this is kind of a corally-nude shade on me but it does the trick with some lip gloss. I probably won't repurchase cause I don't really wear lipstick alot, but there is a small chance I would buy again.