Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Price: $

on 12/6/2009 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this is not a flattering color on me. i dont like the finish either, it looks cheap on me. its too brown. i was looking for a more nudey look. but its just...brown. i dont care for it at all so i will have to pair it and camoflauge with some gloss. its not drying though.

on 9/26/2009 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Edit: I just read the review above mine, and "too ashy" is definitely the way to describe this. I think the ashy color in this is what makes me think that my skin looks too red when I put this color on.
~Every time I attempt to wear this lipstick, I end up wiping it off. I'm not completely sure why, but the color just doesn't work on me. I'm pale to light with yellow undertones (and since purchasing this I've realized I look better in rose to purple shades). This color makes my lips look too brown and really emphasizes the red in my skin. Not attractive in the slightest. I'm not a huge fan of the texture of these (but I guess they are not that bad for the price) they really don't wear well at all, teeth transfer is a definite possibility, and I cannot stand the smell. I do not want my makeup to smell like cake/candy, drives me nuts lol. Anyhoo, not for me, though I have to admit it looks really nice on some people, just doesn't work w my coloring.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Birthday Suit was my first Rimmel lipstick purchase and I was skeeved out at the tube not being sealed.

This smells like a combination of strawberry and cinnamon. Not terrible, but better than the typical lipstick smell.

With that out of the way.

I love this nude lipstick on my NC55 skin. I have to exfoliate and put on balm or this won't wear well. I apply two layers (blotting between) and pair with my Coach Gardenia gloss.

The top does come off in my bag, but that's a minor annoyance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this lipstick. I was looking for a nude lipstick but i didn't want to pay a lot for it. This is the perfect lipstick for me. I have brown skin and this one matches my lips almost perfectly and it costs like $4. I will definitely repurchase. Plus, it smells good.

on 2/22/2009 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Nice nude lipstick!! I wear this usually with a gloss over it. The lipstick itself imo isn't drying and is has good staying power for the most part (but I'm always reapplying lip stuff anyway so it don't matter if it wasn't lasting)

on 12/12/2008 4:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

this is definitely not a nude for fair skinned ladies-NC20 and below. The colour can be described as tan/caramel and provides a sweet and earthy colour for your lips. The texture is a little dry and the staying power is good, although you need some gloss on top for a nice finish.
Nice addition to your stash, if you do not own anything similar, but not so unique IMO.

on 1/16/2008 12:31:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I can't believe it--I actually found a nude lipstick that doesn't make me look like an extra from "Night of the Living Dead." (I regularly amaze MAC SA's when they swear "Twig will look GREAT on you" and then they look absolutely horrified when it's applied to my lips.) This is a great, warm, peachy nude with absolutely no brown or grey. It's a true skintone color and I love it. My teenager even tried to steal it from me. By the way, Rimmel has repackaged this--at a higher cost, of course-- and I just picked up a tube in the old packaging for only $2.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I can't believe my perfect nude is a DS lippie! I used to be a HE snob, but I will make an exception, especially in this case. Birthday Suit is a gorgeous pinky/beige with pearl that's not too brown and not too pink. I don't really notice an overpowering scent like others have mentioned, but I work with kids all day, so I may be immune. :) It can be slightly drying, but I wear East End Snob l/g (also Rimmel) over it when I need a little moisture. All in all the color is so perfect for me that any cons it might have would probably be overlooked! I will definitely buy this again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

When I was serving in the military, lipstick was a big no-no. As a matter of fact, makeup in general was a no-no and being the makeup junkie as I was (and am), I had a very hard time with this. Rimmel's "Birthday Suit" was the ONLY shade of lipstick I could somehow get away with alongside a uniform. It's a neutral color which really compliments a nude look. It didn't bestow me with the "no makeup look" (otherwise there would be no point to wearing it, now would there?), it's a lovely beige neutral that really compliments a low maintenance look and to my commanders, even undetected. I have managed to stretch my tube of this stuff for years, it's held up very nicely and is a great color to have in one's makeup bag for "those situations" and no-fuss mornings when you've got no time to color coordinate on your way out the door. It's a classic, it's a keeper, it's a wonderful product. Thumbs up, Rimmel!

on 8/1/2005 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Excellent lipstick - very comfortable feel and very pleasant scent that disappears soon. The colour is truly a complicated nude that definitely does not make you look dead, truly worth trying, it'll most likely suit you. Dirt cheap too.