Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/16/2012 4:34:00 PM

Pros:
Nice slightly darker than nude shade.
Applies easily and evenly.
Lasts slightly longer than your average lipstick.

Cons:
Slightly drying.

on 7/22/2010 10:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

love this nude!! i got it along with my rimmel airy fairy. its a really good nude colour for my yellow based skin tone, i use a lip balm underneath so it doesnt feel dry, and not heavy at all. i usually top it off with a lip gloss because its a cream colour and it just looks kinda flat and not very shiny on its own.

on 7/14/2010 10:57:00 AM

Everyone who says this is a nude lipstick lies. It's somewhere between YLBB and brown. It's a dark peachy brown with copper undertones and pearly shimmer. It doesn't have an opaque white base (like Pink Champagne from the Lasting Finish line, for example), so all it will do is add a browny shimmery hue to your lips.

If you have very pale lips it will show up as a nude, obviously. My lips are quite rosy and pigmented so Birthday Suit only darkens them. It's a nice lippie, really, goes on smooth, stays relatively long and doesn't dry out my lips, it's cheap, available everywhere etc.

But it screams 90s.

Seriously, slather this on, colour block some mid-brown e/s on your lids, straighten your hair and voila, now you look like your standard 90s female sitcom character.

For that alone I try to avoid using this lippie on its own. I usually prime my lips with some foundation, apply Birthday Suit, blot it, powder it and apply another layer. That way it's a nice nude shade but it doesn't last long enough to make all the work worth it. There are better and more contemporary looking nude lippies out there so no need to repurchase this, really. If you want a nice and cheap nude, try Rimmel Nude Delight.

on 5/6/2010 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This products makes your lips look awful if they are not PERFECTLY conditioned and moist

the color is a metallic nude and looks worse than nothing on me (NC25 highlight pigmented lips)

Its not long lasting either, which in my case is good but would not be if you were looking for something with 'lasting finish'

really regret buying.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i love this lipstick on me!! im nc42 in mac studio fix fluid, and its the perfect nude lipstick on me..

i love soft brown lipsticks and this is the best one yet coz it also has a bit of pink in it as well.. i have pigmented lips which means my top lip is browner than my bottom one, but with this lipstick it goes on perfect..

nb.. not all people can get away with wearing soft brown lipsticks, just be careful.. i cant get away wearing pinks but other girls my skin color can.. it just depends on you.. but overall LOVE IT!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I would not describe this lippie as groundbreaking or HG, but I was sufficiently impressed by it. On me it's a beige peach nude, more light brownish without the pink undertone I usually get in most "nudes". It doesn't add much color to my face, but it's polished, slightly moist/glossy, and would go well with looks that want the main focus either on the eyes or cheeks. A good staple to have, even if I don't use it every day.

on 11/29/2009 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

i bought this lipstick in 250 Birthday Suit. It is a soft, light brown, warm natural and neutral everyday color. I love it! It has become my go to everyday lipstick. It goes on smooth and the color is the exact same as when you look at the stick. The smell is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! It smells and tastes like some Betty Crocker vanilla cake icing, which is marvelous. The lasting power could be better, I don't think it lasts very long but that might be because I loved the taste so much I ate what was on my lips!

perfect quality + perfect color payoff = will buy again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I originally swatched this and thought that it was too shimmery/metallic, but then gave it another chance and I am so glad that I did! It is such a wearable, warm toned nude, with very subtle shimmer, that on my lips is barely noticeable.
The packaging is a bit on the plain side, but as the product itself is so great I'm not too bothered. I love the fact that it is long wearing, but doesn't dry the lips out. I think that the lasting finish range is one of the best drugstore lipsticks you can buy and I'll def. be checking out the other colours in the range.

Love this color! It is a light copper on me. Slight shimmer and perfect for daytime. For reference, I have light medium skin (NC 25-30 SFF) with pinkish mauve lips naturally and this color is really flattering. I wear it with MAC Superduper Natural and Improvise blushes and the combination makes me look healthy and glowing ( not like a disco ball or anything). This lipstick will be a staple in my arsenal!
EDIT: this lipstick has good pigmentation and covers well. It is smooth and doesn't dry out my lips. :)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I bought Birthday Suit because I needed a brown-y nude color and in the store it looks awesome - not so much in natural light when I got home. I tried on Birthday Suit, got really frustrated that it didn't look the same, wiped it off my lips, and put on Airy Fairy to see a colour comparison. I hadn't actually rubbed all the Birthday Suit off my lips...and the combo looks amazing! The brown in Birthday Suit cancels out some of the harsh mauve-y pink of Airy Fairy and the brown doesn't look as orange. I find that Airy Fairy is a little...drier, I guess is the word; Birthday Suit is much more creamy so layering them together helps prevent my lips from drying out. Overall, I am pleasantly surprised that two colours could actually look so beautiful together. A happy little makeup miracle. I love the way the packaging looks and feels. The smell of the lipsticks is something that a lot of people have commented on but I simply love it. I would definitely buy Birthday Suit again but IF and ONLY IF I can also get my hands on Airy Fairy.