Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit
Rimmel Lasting Finish Rimmel Birthday Suit in 121 & 250Rimmel

3.7

on 5/2/2013 5:34:00 AM

I love this lipstick! I have been looking for a lipstick that was darker than my Mac Myth but not too dark/ brown looking on my (approx NW25) skin. I love the sheer texture of it, reminds me of a Mac Lustre lipstick. I love the soft terracotta nude shade it is on my lips (for reference my lips are the same shade as Mac Blankety). Some people have compared this to Mac High tea and I think they might be correct. The only thing is that I wish it stayed on a bit longer but since I only paid about NZ$8.00 on ASOS I don't mind too much. I will definitely buy it again.

This is a great shade on my cool toned pale skin. It looks very natural and quite sophisticated. The staying power isn't great, but I only paid two dollars for it, so I'm alright with reapplying if I need to.

on 5/18/2010 12:15:00 PM

Not the best lipstick i've tried, but definitely not the best either.
Its too shimmery/frosty for my liking and too much of a brown tone.
Pair it with a light gloss like Mac's C-thru and it can work.

on 5/15/2010 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is the only nude lipstick I could wear anywhere!, I'm generally not a lover for the nudes but this has totally changed my view, it's moisturising and it's very affordable!
Amazing product at a cheap price!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I really really love this shade, but I wouldn't call it a "nude". For me, that's a positive thing. I'm very fairly complected and I need some color on my lips to keep me from looking like a corpse.

This is a very pretty natural color; sort of a warm, peachy flesh tone. But don't cringe when I say "peachy". It doesn't scream peach. It's a very subtle peach tint, which makes it perfect for those who are warm, but pale. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a nude that is suitable for pale skin that doesn't have pink undertones, so for me, this is a real find.

However...I took off one lippie becaue I'm not crazy about the consistency. It's very, very sheer; almost the consistency of a gloss. It really doesn't last long on it's own. I layer it over Rimmel's long wearing lip liner in Tiramisu and that creates a very pretty, long lasting effect.

All in all, for the price, it's a nice product and a beautiful shade. I almost always layer my lip products anyway, so no hardship there. Because the color is so perfect for me, I'll definitely purchase again.

on 11/24/2009 10:07:00 PM

I'm usually a lipgloss kind of girl but lately I've been itching to buy some nude lipstick because I've never bought any before. I was planning on waiting until Maybelline had a BOGO sale and buy their moisture extreme lipsticks. Waited for weeks and no sale :-(. Saw Rimmel on sale one day at Walgreen's for 50% off and thought, why not. Looked up the reviews at MUA and decided to give this a try. Picked this color out and I like it. My lips are really pigmented so this doesn't show up that great. My lips look like their original color toned down with a bit of gold shimmer. Looks really beautiful but definitely have to wear a lipbalm because I do find it to be a little drying. I probably wouldn't buy this again because I take forever to finish lipsticks and I love trying new makeup.

on 8/2/2009 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought the last three, enough said. Great nude lipstick for cheap and keep in mind its more of a nude for darker skin women, like me im nc45 so on me it's like a tan nude color, can't really explain it, lighter than mac's touch lipstick which i also see as a nude lip for women my complexion or darker. Try it and i highly recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a good nude shade, this is kind of a corally-nude shade on me but it does the trick with some lip gloss. I probably won't repurchase cause I don't really wear lipstick alot, but there is a small chance I would buy again.

on 2/20/2009 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I never thought I would find the perfect nude in a drugstore! I found this at Walmart, and at $3, decided to try it. I applied my Bare Escentuals buxom in Isabella over it to create the best lip ever! I love when I can mix so called high end and low end products to come up with a fantastic combo on my skin.

on 1/19/2009 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this color, it's a light brown pinky neutraly color. Hard to describe but it's so pretty and it probably would go with anyone's skin tone. The fragrancy part of the lipstick, I'm definitely not too fond of, but the color stays for a while so no complaints from me.