RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Rimmel Lasting Finish Rimmel Birthday Suit in 121 & 250Rimmel

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/29/2010 2:19:00 PM

not drying and does last quite some time. but doesn't really show up on my lips either.
it just gives me a frosty tint.

on 5/6/2010 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This products makes your lips look awful if they are not PERFECTLY conditioned and moist

the color is a metallic nude and looks worse than nothing on me (NC25 highlight pigmented lips)

Its not long lasting either, which in my case is good but would not be if you were looking for something with 'lasting finish'

really regret buying.

I purchased the 121 version from eBay, assuming this is a discontinued version as supposed to 250 which can still be seen in stores. This is my first lipstick and I'm super disappointed in its pigmentation. I'm a heavy lip balm user beucase I often have severly chapped lips. The lip stick is suprisingly moisturising so I think I can actually wear it instead of my lip balm. However, the nude color showed up like any lightly tinted lip gloss. It adds shine to my already fairly pigmented lips but that's it. I tried applying more layers even to the point it would start creasing. I was hoping to create a very nude lips with this but I think a concealer is needed to cover my original lip color and show the true color of this lip stick. If you are looking for a true nude lipstick, I wouldn't suggest 121 unless you have light colored lips.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I just bought this lipstick yesterday and i love it! The packaging is simple, the colour is a peachy nude with golden undertones which is neutral enough to wear everyday (my lips are quite large and wearing dark colours really does nothing at all for me) - to school in my case, and on a non-beauty note, i think the name "Birthday suit" is utterly adorable :)

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

If possible, I would give this product a 3.5 but I chose to round up.

I bought this lipstick on clearance because I had heard it was a dupe for Mac Hug Me, one of my favorite everyday lipsticks. Prospective buyers should be aware there are TWO VERSIONS of this colour. The one I have is 250, which is not similar to Hug Me at all. This version of Birthday Suit is a peachy, bronzey nude. The colour is still flattering on me, but just not what I expected or what I was looking for.

In general, Rimmel lipsticks are my favourite drugstore lipstick formula. They have impressive pigmentation, are decently long lasting and are not drying at all. The downside is the strong scent, which can be a turn off. I have a love-hate relationship with the cinnamon-y smell (like Red Hot candies) but can now tolerate it.

This product loses points for the strong scent, cheap plastic casing, and this particular shade's slightly frosty finish. I would have preferred a creamy/satin finish.

For reference, I am NC25 and neutral leaning toward warm.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I went out to buy this because of the rave revies, I had imagined that it would be a very natural nude color. However, when I got home and tried it on, it was a horrible frosty orangey brown on my very pigmented lips (I'm NC25). I was highly dissapointed. Then I decided to try it over MAC Hue l/s (which lightens my lips) and it was a much more appealing, natural color. Still it was quite orangey. Next, I tried applying concealer on my lips then Birthday Suit, and it FINALLY turned out to be the warm nudey color that I wanted it to be. Paired with NYX Natural Lipgloss, this is a very gorgeous natural goldeny hard to describe color. :)

However, the smell can sometimes be quite artifically horrible. Sometimes the smell is very strong, and sometimes its barely noticable. Also, if you're cool toned, I would definitely stay far, far away from this lipstick

ROP for pics+

continued >>

on 11/1/2009 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this one with Airy fairy and have to say this one is better. It suits my skin color since im light skinned and makes my lips look darker but still be a light color.It smells fruity and plastic which some people may not like but im okay with that. I would recommend this to people with light skin.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I bought Birthday Suit because I needed a brown-y nude color and in the store it looks awesome - not so much in natural light when I got home. I tried on Birthday Suit, got really frustrated that it didn't look the same, wiped it off my lips, and put on Airy Fairy to see a colour comparison. I hadn't actually rubbed all the Birthday Suit off my lips...and the combo looks amazing! The brown in Birthday Suit cancels out some of the harsh mauve-y pink of Airy Fairy and the brown doesn't look as orange. I find that Airy Fairy is a little...drier, I guess is the word; Birthday Suit is much more creamy so layering them together helps prevent my lips from drying out. Overall, I am pleasantly surprised that two colours could actually look so beautiful together. A happy little makeup miracle. I love the way the packaging looks and feels. The smell of the lipsticks is something that a lot of people have commented on but I simply love it. I would definitely buy Birthday Suit again but IF and ONLY IF I can also get my hands on Airy Fairy.

on 10/19/2009 10:33:00 AM

Golden nude-tan lipstick. Swatched on tissue, it's golden caramel-brown color with the slightest undertone of rusty orange (think of "nude" pantyhose like Hooters girls wear?). Definitely well-suited for warm-toned gals. Moderate to full coverage. Has a fruity candy scent that fades quickly. Normally I don't gravitate towards nude lipsticks since I've had trouble finding ones that work for me. Luckily I received this as a swap extra. Works great for me (AAB/NC25 with yellow undertones); doesn't wear like a make-your-lips-completely-disappear nude, more like a focus-on-my-smoky-eyes-not-my-lips. (The pics posted look way more rosy on those gals than they do on my warm toned skin.) Also great for toning down lippies that are too vivid/bright or too dark on me, especially lipstains. Feels creamy, light, and smooth on my lips, but wears off relatively quickly. Similar to Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in #1 Nude; Birthday Suit is just a tad lighter.

on 9/30/2009 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to love this nude color after seeing some of the reviews but it was too ashy and dark on my NW20-25 skintone. I picked up something that has more peach in it, Revlon Almost Nude and its my favorite nude lipstick so far! Sexy not sickly :)