RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/2/2010 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

I like the colour but it's not as creamy as I'd like and not as moisturizing. The colour lasts but the lipstick is a bit drying. Also, the packaging sucks...the lid keeps coming off but the look of the product is nice. I'll probably try a different type of lipstick or I'll just stick to my hunt for a coloured lip gloss.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I originally swatched this and thought that it was too shimmery/metallic, but then gave it another chance and I am so glad that I did! It is such a wearable, warm toned nude, with very subtle shimmer, that on my lips is barely noticeable.
The packaging is a bit on the plain side, but as the product itself is so great I'm not too bothered. I love the fact that it is long wearing, but doesn't dry the lips out. I think that the lasting finish range is one of the best drugstore lipsticks you can buy and I'll def. be checking out the other colours in the range.

on 11/24/2009 10:07:00 PM

I'm usually a lipgloss kind of girl but lately I've been itching to buy some nude lipstick because I've never bought any before. I was planning on waiting until Maybelline had a BOGO sale and buy their moisture extreme lipsticks. Waited for weeks and no sale :-(. Saw Rimmel on sale one day at Walgreen's for 50% off and thought, why not. Looked up the reviews at MUA and decided to give this a try. Picked this color out and I like it. My lips are really pigmented so this doesn't show up that great. My lips look like their original color toned down with a bit of gold shimmer. Looks really beautiful but definitely have to wear a lipbalm because I do find it to be a little drying. I probably wouldn't buy this again because I take forever to finish lipsticks and I love trying new makeup.

on 6/3/2009 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This lipstick is a gorgeous nude peach color on my fair skin. It goes on creamy and smooth. My only complaint is that it seems to bleed past my lipliner (also Rimmel) very easily. I've used MAC lip prime to see if this improves the situation but I still have the same problem. Any suggestions are welcome.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I am Asian with about an NW25 skintone, and I was looking for a good nude lipstick that wasn't orange-y, frosty, or didn't blend in with my skintone. Birthday Suit is kind of a beige, brownish lipstick with flecks of copper in it (that's what it looks like in the tube)

When I got this it didn't have any seal to it, so that's why I gave the packaging quality a 1.

Other than that though, it did compliment my skintone somewhat but something was off and I wasn't completely thrilled. It is definitely a color to use during the summer when I am tanner/bronzer (I use liquid bronzer in the winter for my face, but less so it's not TOO OTT), since it is more of a warm color. Although, it was a little drying on my lips, all you need to do is exfoliate and put some chapstick on before applying.

In some lightings it blended in a little too much with my skin...but for the most part it's a pretty good nude lipstick. I am not ecstatic with it, but it will have to do for now.

**EDIT: I changed "would you buy this again?" to "No." I feel like trying this once is enough and I really am not thrilled with the color. Guess I'm still on the hunt for my HG nude.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Best nude I've tried so far...I'm an NC25...its pretty hard for me to find a good nude. They either wash me out or look dirty, dingy brown on me. This one is a peachy type nude. I gave it a 4 only because I find this dries my lips alot w/o lipbalm...but with it it looks so moist and nice!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i read that this is a good nude lipcolor, but on me it does not work at all. i am fair with cool undertones and this came up orangey on me. i much prefer and recommend Rimmel Airy Fairy as a cool equivalent! the Rimmel formula is moisturizing and almost a bit sheer--you can really slather it on and it does not seem to build the color. as a result this seems to wear off and not be very long-lasting, so i have no idea why it is marketed as long-lasting. the smell is unusual but kind of pretty, not fruity at all, a bit perfumey but it is pleasant to me. i really wanted to like this--i had heard this was a kind of angelina nude--but no way! i can't imagine why anyone would think that. the packaging is so-so. not gaudy at all, but the cap came off in my purse and that is a real no-no! if you have cool undertones, go get Airy Fairy instead!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Not good color for someone with very pale cool-toned skin, dark brown hair, and blue eyes. Almost identical to Bobbi Brown's beige but with shimmer. Seemed a little moisturizing and smell wasn't offensive.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! For the price, it has pretty good 'lasting-power' and the color is great for the summer.

on 8/22/2005 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Very versatile nude. Doesn't deaden me or look cheap in the least. I'd call it MLBP (my lips but paler). It's actually quite a sophisticated, wearable color. One of my favorite nudes.