Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

4.1

on 1/9/2010 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a recent rediscovery for me, and I love it so much. It is a hard color to describe. It's not "nude" in the sense that NYX Circe is, a concealer-type creamy nude. Instead it's a very neutral beige-peach with shimmer. I think of it as nude because it looks good with more dramatic eyes. For reference, I'm a very warm PPP. I like this formula, and you can't beat the price.

on 12/6/2009 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this is not a flattering color on me. i dont like the finish either, it looks cheap on me. its too brown. i was looking for a more nudey look. but its just...brown. i dont care for it at all so i will have to pair it and camoflauge with some gloss. its not drying though.

on 11/1/2009 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this one with Airy fairy and have to say this one is better. It suits my skin color since im light skinned and makes my lips look darker but still be a light color.It smells fruity and plastic which some people may not like but im okay with that. I would recommend this to people with light skin.

on 10/23/2009 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a nice lipstick. Though I feel the color is better suited for warmer skin tones than mine, as I'm very fair. I can pull it off, though. I really like it if I've 'nuded'(w/ concealer or something) out my lips and put it on over that. Very pretty. And I love the scent! It's a little bit like Juicy Fruit gum. :)

I don't think I'd buy this particular color again, though.

on 9/26/2009 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Edit: I just read the review above mine, and "too ashy" is definitely the way to describe this. I think the ashy color in this is what makes me think that my skin looks too red when I put this color on.
~Every time I attempt to wear this lipstick, I end up wiping it off. I'm not completely sure why, but the color just doesn't work on me. I'm pale to light with yellow undertones (and since purchasing this I've realized I look better in rose to purple shades). This color makes my lips look too brown and really emphasizes the red in my skin. Not attractive in the slightest. I'm not a huge fan of the texture of these (but I guess they are not that bad for the price) they really don't wear well at all, teeth transfer is a definite possibility, and I cannot stand the smell. I do not want my makeup to smell like cake/candy, drives me nuts lol. Anyhoo, not for me, though I have to admit it looks really nice on some people, just doesn't work w my coloring.

on 9/24/2009 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

My absolute favorite MLBB lipstick. I carry this in my purse at all times cause I can always rely on it to look good. I don't know why it's called Lasting Finish cause it's not the longest lasting lipstick, but I don't mind reapplying cause I love the way it smells. It's so moisturizing and easy to apply that I treat it like lipbalm. I only wish it had an SPF!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Birthday Suit was my first Rimmel lipstick purchase and I was skeeved out at the tube not being sealed.

This smells like a combination of strawberry and cinnamon. Not terrible, but better than the typical lipstick smell.

With that out of the way.

I love this nude lipstick on my NC55 skin. I have to exfoliate and put on balm or this won't wear well. I apply two layers (blotting between) and pair with my Coach Gardenia gloss.

The top does come off in my bag, but that's a minor annoyance.

on 8/2/2009 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought the last three, enough said. Great nude lipstick for cheap and keep in mind its more of a nude for darker skin women, like me im nc45 so on me it's like a tan nude color, can't really explain it, lighter than mac's touch lipstick which i also see as a nude lip for women my complexion or darker. Try it and i highly recommend!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Paired with MAC Saplicious gloss, it's perfect nude lip for my NC45 complexion. The one thing that really bothers me about this lipstick is it's scent and taste. It smells like nasty bubblegum or something and the taste is even worse. Ugh! I hate having it on my lips, as the smell does not go away. Also, the color doesn't last very long on the lips. Would I repurchase? Probably not, as the smell is almost unbearable for me. It's really a shame though. Like I said before, paired with the right gloss, it makes a really lovely nude lip.

on 1/19/2009 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this color, it's a light brown pinky neutraly color. Hard to describe but it's so pretty and it probably would go with anyone's skin tone. The fragrancy part of the lipstick, I'm definitely not too fond of, but the color stays for a while so no complaints from me.

Popular Lipsticks