Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Rimmel Lasting Finish Rimmel Birthday Suit in 121 & 250Rimmel

4.1

on 5/10/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Nice colour but the finish is a bit too glittery
Looks cakey and makes your lips look dry and peeled...

This is a great shade on my cool toned pale skin. It looks very natural and quite sophisticated. The staying power isn't great, but I only paid two dollars for it, so I'm alright with reapplying if I need to.

on 5/6/2010 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This products makes your lips look awful if they are not PERFECTLY conditioned and moist

the color is a metallic nude and looks worse than nothing on me (NC25 highlight pigmented lips)

Its not long lasting either, which in my case is good but would not be if you were looking for something with 'lasting finish'

really regret buying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I just bought this lipstick yesterday and i love it! The packaging is simple, the colour is a peachy nude with golden undertones which is neutral enough to wear everyday (my lips are quite large and wearing dark colours really does nothing at all for me) - to school in my case, and on a non-beauty note, i think the name "Birthday suit" is utterly adorable :)

on 1/7/2010 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My lips already have a pink/peach color to it, so this nude lipstick really brings out my natural lip color in a good way. It has a little sparkle but I like it. I recommend putting lip balm before applying the lipstick, because the lipstick might look a little drying. Any lipgloss can go with it. This is a gooooood product (:

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this lipstick. I was looking for a nude lipstick but i didn't want to pay a lot for it. This is the perfect lipstick for me. I have brown skin and this one matches my lips almost perfectly and it costs like $4. I will definitely repurchase. Plus, it smells good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a good nude shade, this is kind of a corally-nude shade on me but it does the trick with some lip gloss. I probably won't repurchase cause I don't really wear lipstick alot, but there is a small chance I would buy again.

on 1/18/2009 1:26:00 PM

What a great drugstore find! I picked this up after someone in the Yahoo community suggested it to me. This is a really flattering pinky-peachy-caramel color on my fair-medium skin. The only gripe I have about this product is that the fragrance smells awful, think cough syrup. But it's not horrible enough that I wouldn't buy it again. I love this lipstick--it's the only one I ever wear and a staple in my makeup bag.

on 10/16/2008 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow, I have to thank the board for pointing me in this direction. This is the first time I've tried Rimmel and probably wouldn't have it some of you ladies hadn't taken pictures and shown how pretty this color is on!

This is THE perfect nude for warm skinned ladies out there...I can see where it would turn too orangey on cool skinned women (check your veins ladies, green tint is warm, blue is cool).

As stated by others, this needs a chapstick underneath (ones with SPF are good for your lips anyhow) a lipliner (Rimmel Stay On Lip Liner Pencil in 050 Tiramisu is the perfect match), and a gloss on top. I've been using Sally Hanson LipInflation in Sheer Blush 6690-16 just because I had it, but will probably try out some of the recommendations below as well.

I've found that if you put on the chapstick, and then line and fill in the ENTIRE lip area with the lip liner, the actual lipstick stays on much longer. This is not budgeproof lipstick, but it's so pretty and natural on that I don't care about that. This shade actually lifts my complexion and makes it look a bit clearer which is hard for any makeup to do, let alone a lipstick!

I guess the right color really does make a difference--I've heard it said, but this is the first time I've actually seen it work on me. Ulta only had one left, but I'm going to look around and get a second one along with a second lip liner so I have one for my purse and one for home. At buy one get one 50% off it was a bargain ($4.99 for the lipstick and $1.60 for the lip liner, regularly $3.20). I've spent more on a single overpriced coffee and muffin!

on 9/21/2008 5:36:00 AM

This looked like a nice light neutral. It went on darker than you'd think by looking at it in the tube. I still like it. It wears ok for such an inexpensive product. Since it's a longer wearing lipstick, it is a bit drying. Applying a balm first really helps.