Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/2/2013 5:34:00 AM

I love this lipstick! I have been looking for a lipstick that was darker than my Mac Myth but not too dark/ brown looking on my (approx NW25) skin. I love the sheer texture of it, reminds me of a Mac Lustre lipstick. I love the soft terracotta nude shade it is on my lips (for reference my lips are the same shade as Mac Blankety). Some people have compared this to Mac High tea and I think they might be correct. The only thing is that I wish it stayed on a bit longer but since I only paid about NZ$8.00 on ASOS I don't mind too much. I will definitely buy it again.

on 4/12/2013 1:45:00 PM

This is one of Rimmel's "oldskool" shades- I am not sure how long it has been on the go but I know I had a tube back in the 90's, along with Latino, Asia, Heather Shimmer- those were also definitely around back then. I'm on a bit of a retro makeup-from-my-youth kick at the minute so I thought I'd pick up another for old times sake with the 3 for 2 offer on in Boots every so often.

First thing I want to say about this line is the fragrance- it's heavy. It's heavy smelt in the tube, it's heavy when you apply and it's heavy for some time wearing it. I think the scent is supposed to be cherry- but it's terribly synthetic. I think that might be a real deal breaker if you prefer your products to have less olfactory offence.

Going by the name Birthday Suit you'd imagine this to be a nude shade- and it sort of is, sort of isn't. First thing is that it is undeniably warm toned. It is a caramel/toffee type colour with super fine milled shimmer that is not apparent in the bullet but influences the golden frosted sort of look that it has on the lips. On me it is actually quite pretty but it isn't the sort of colour that is going to suit everyone.

The texture of Birthday Suit is pretty waxy- I certainly don't think that this is a bad thing, there are some HE products that are worse- it is more about whether or not that personally bothers you when it comes to how you like your lipstick to feel on. Remembering of course that you can always mix with balm or other products to change the texture if needs be. I found lasting time to be average to good on me (2-3 hours) so no complaints there.

To summarise this is going to be good for you if:
* You like wearing colours in the warm caramel/toffee family.
* You don't mind the heavy scent.
* You don't mind l/s with a waxy texture/feel.

If all those boxes are ticked then go for it! You might love it.

This is a nude-peach lipstick which is just perfect for my naturally pigmented lips. It goes on smoothly when applied and can be a little drying after 3-4 hours of wear. Stays on for hours if you don't eat and/ or drink, it leaves kinda MLBB stain at the end of the day. I love the sweet scent which is not overwhelming.
Overall, I think this product is good.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I canít say I loved this lipstick. I was expecting quite a natural nude and it looks quiet orange on me. The smell is pleasant but a little overpowering. I also donít think the staying power was that great for a lipstick thatís meant to be long lasting. I have never tried a Rimmel lipstick and will not be running back in a hurry. The price of them are reasonable but the quality leaves a little to be desired.

on 7/22/2010 10:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

love this nude!! i got it along with my rimmel airy fairy. its a really good nude colour for my yellow based skin tone, i use a lip balm underneath so it doesnt feel dry, and not heavy at all. i usually top it off with a lip gloss because its a cream colour and it just looks kinda flat and not very shiny on its own.

on 7/14/2010 10:57:00 AM

Everyone who says this is a nude lipstick lies. It's somewhere between YLBB and brown. It's a dark peachy brown with copper undertones and pearly shimmer. It doesn't have an opaque white base (like Pink Champagne from the Lasting Finish line, for example), so all it will do is add a browny shimmery hue to your lips.

If you have very pale lips it will show up as a nude, obviously. My lips are quite rosy and pigmented so Birthday Suit only darkens them. It's a nice lippie, really, goes on smooth, stays relatively long and doesn't dry out my lips, it's cheap, available everywhere etc.

But it screams 90s.

Seriously, slather this on, colour block some mid-brown e/s on your lids, straighten your hair and voila, now you look like your standard 90s female sitcom character.

For that alone I try to avoid using this lippie on its own. I usually prime my lips with some foundation, apply Birthday Suit, blot it, powder it and apply another layer. That way it's a nice nude shade but it doesn't last long enough to make all the work worth it. There are better and more contemporary looking nude lippies out there so no need to repurchase this, really. If you want a nice and cheap nude, try Rimmel Nude Delight.

on 5/29/2010 2:19:00 PM

not drying and does last quite some time. but doesn't really show up on my lips either.
it just gives me a frosty tint.

on 5/18/2010 12:15:00 PM

Not the best lipstick i've tried, but definitely not the best either.
Its too shimmery/frosty for my liking and too much of a brown tone.
Pair it with a light gloss like Mac's C-thru and it can work.

on 5/15/2010 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is the only nude lipstick I could wear anywhere!, I'm generally not a lover for the nudes but this has totally changed my view, it's moisturising and it's very affordable!
Amazing product at a cheap price!!

I purchased the 121 version from eBay, assuming this is a discontinued version as supposed to 250 which can still be seen in stores. This is my first lipstick and I'm super disappointed in its pigmentation. I'm a heavy lip balm user beucase I often have severly chapped lips. The lip stick is suprisingly moisturising so I think I can actually wear it instead of my lip balm. However, the nude color showed up like any lightly tinted lip gloss. It adds shine to my already fairly pigmented lips but that's it. I tried applying more layers even to the point it would start creasing. I was hoping to create a very nude lips with this but I think a concealer is needed to cover my original lip color and show the true color of this lip stick. If you are looking for a true nude lipstick, I wouldn't suggest 121 unless you have light colored lips.

Popular Lipsticks