RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit
Rimmel Lasting Finish Rimmel Birthday Suit in 121 & 250Rimmel

4.8

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I went out to buy this because of the rave revies, I had imagined that it would be a very natural nude color. However, when I got home and tried it on, it was a horrible frosty orangey brown on my very pigmented lips (I'm NC25). I was highly dissapointed. Then I decided to try it over MAC Hue l/s (which lightens my lips) and it was a much more appealing, natural color. Still it was quite orangey. Next, I tried applying concealer on my lips then Birthday Suit, and it FINALLY turned out to be the warm nudey color that I wanted it to be. Paired with NYX Natural Lipgloss, this is a very gorgeous natural goldeny hard to describe color. :)

However, the smell can sometimes be quite artifically horrible. Sometimes the smell is very strong, and sometimes its barely noticable. Also, if you're cool toned, I would definitely stay far, far away from this lipstick

ROP for pics+

continued >>

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Got this at clearance at walgreens. Very similar to MAC jubilee lipstick. Not much different from my natural color but it makes my whole face look polished. Its also pretty sheer, similar to a lustre formula. A great lipstick for people who are turned off by the idea of lipsticks.

This lippie is just SO beautiful! This turned out way different than I would expect. I expected a slightly opaque brown/pink nude color. What I got was a very sheer, shimmery light tan. This color/formula actually makes my lips look softer and fuller! The color doesn't really show up, but it's a beautiful pink-beige sheen. I saw that others complained of a smell but it doesn't really bother me at all. The slight drawback is that it's a little drying for me. A great purchase!

This is a gorgeous nude color-but oh God, that smell! it gives me nausea and a headache. when I smell it in the tube it seems alright, kind of spicey and nice, but once on my lips it's horrible. I dont know if i'll keep mine, i have to see if I can find a gloss scented enough that it can cover the smell. It's a shame because this is a gorgeous color. *EDIT* the smell was a one time bothering thing for me, I'm over it and barely detect it now. I love this lippie, it makes me feel so sexy to slick it on, with its nude color and name! Not drying at all, which I LOVE!***