Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I canít say I loved this lipstick. I was expecting quite a natural nude and it looks quiet orange on me. The smell is pleasant but a little overpowering. I also donít think the staying power was that great for a lipstick thatís meant to be long lasting. I have never tried a Rimmel lipstick and will not be running back in a hurry. The price of them are reasonable but the quality leaves a little to be desired.

This was one of my fav lipsticks, but has been discontinued. Anyone know of a similar shade (from any line)?

on 4/20/2010 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought the 250 version from a clearance sale. Good thing it was so cheap, because there's not a whole lot of product. I have GWP lipsticks with more product in them.

I thought it would be more of a nude, but it's just a metallic-y version of the colour of my lips. It looks nicer with a lip balm underneath than when used alone.

on 1/17/2010 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this at target and i do not like when lipsticks don't have a plastic seal over because other people can "sample" it. Anyway i bought it for 4 dollars. My skin is a medium dark and it is such a great color for a nude lip. I feel this needs a good lip gloss over this just so it doesn't look so caked on.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I went out to buy this because of the rave revies, I had imagined that it would be a very natural nude color. However, when I got home and tried it on, it was a horrible frosty orangey brown on my very pigmented lips (I'm NC25). I was highly dissapointed. Then I decided to try it over MAC Hue l/s (which lightens my lips) and it was a much more appealing, natural color. Still it was quite orangey. Next, I tried applying concealer on my lips then Birthday Suit, and it FINALLY turned out to be the warm nudey color that I wanted it to be. Paired with NYX Natural Lipgloss, this is a very gorgeous natural goldeny hard to describe color. :)

However, the smell can sometimes be quite artifically horrible. Sometimes the smell is very strong, and sometimes its barely noticable. Also, if you're cool toned, I would definitely stay far, far away from this lipstick

ROP for pics+

continued >>

on 11/29/2009 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

i bought this lipstick in 250 Birthday Suit. It is a soft, light brown, warm natural and neutral everyday color. I love it! It has become my go to everyday lipstick. It goes on smooth and the color is the exact same as when you look at the stick. The smell is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! It smells and tastes like some Betty Crocker vanilla cake icing, which is marvelous. The lasting power could be better, I don't think it lasts very long but that might be because I loved the taste so much I ate what was on my lips!

perfect quality + perfect color payoff = will buy again!

on 11/25/2009 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Rimmel Birthday Suit 121 is great. The best nude drugstore lipstick for my skintone that I've found so far. It has a slight shimmer to it but it's not too shimmery, it's great for an every day natural look, and also for a night out on the town. It's very creamy and moisturizing. Love it. [5/5 rating]

Rimmel Birthday Suit 250 is very disappointing. When I ran out of 121 (which was bought a while back) I went on bought 250 not realizing that the shades are NOT the same. Doesn't really look well with my skintone. It has a very orange-peachy tone to it. Comes on somewhat cakey but does has a nice smell to it. [2/5 rating]

BTW 121 is discontinued but you can still find it online on Ebay.

on 6/21/2009 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

One of my perfect nude lipsticks to pair with dramatic eyes. I can see the slightest hint of coral in this on my lips.

on 4/11/2009 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a nude with a very slight coraly-pink sheen. It's gorgeous in the tube and on. Very wearable with a lipbalm base or without and a good complement to both dramatic smoky eyes and taupes. It's got just enough pigment to look fine with a natural look instead of washing me out (pale, brown/blue.) I love this.

**EDIT just wanted to add that I reach for this pinky-satin caramel color more and more now that I'm a redhead. It's just so versatile and flattering!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree it is a warm nude. It has some luminousity to it.. so it glows. I loved it in the store and when I tried it on at home. It's a peachy nude on me. With some subtle pink to keep it from being dull.