RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Rimmel Lasting Finish Rimmel Birthday Suit in 121 & 250Rimmel

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

this is a really great quality nude for a cheap drugstore price. no need to go to the department stores, just check out your local walgreens and look for this shade. i would say it is rather medium in the color family for beige, not too dark and not washing-you-out-too pale. will repurchase if i run out, also looks really great when paired with rimmel's crush. and lastly, the scent is sugary and (IMO) pleasant.

on 1/20/2009 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this!! If it looked like verdant0green's lips, I would have LOVED it! I bought it based on her review and pictures!!! But nope, this one was NOT for me! I have very pigmented lips, and am NC25. It just didn't work...it didn't come out as a nude but more as a too overly-done caramel. It was bleh. The consistency was nice but this color was just the worst for me. Very sad :*( i wanted to love it!!!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I completely agree with a previous review: this is meant for warm complexions with darker skin and not for cool toned PPP's. I'm a PPP, neutral/cool and it looks muddy/orange/beige and like death on me. It also was quite drying and not smooth when trying to apply.

on 4/24/2008 3:58:00 PM

I love Rimmels and with coupon! I decided to get this because of the reviews and I love it! it is the perfect pink and does wear nicely.

on 10/15/2006 11:31:00 AM

I really wanted to like this lipstick. But being the PPP that I am, this color just showed up as straight BROWN. Not at all what I was looking for. I'm sure this looks great on other complexions, but if you're fair, I'd say don't waste your money.

on 5/11/2006 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

After trying countless Rimmel l/s (Paradise, Airy Fairy, Heather Shimmer) I was about to give up on them, but I decided to try Birthday Suit even though some other reviewers have complained about the orangeness. Well for me, it looks similar on the lips to Mac High Tea, but slightly peacher and more pigmented. Plus you can get Rimmel l/s for dirt cheap, especially when they're on sale at drugstores. This definitely works on pigmented lips, as mine are too colored to wear anything like Mac Hue and Blankety, or Nars Chelsea Girls. If I wear Birthday Suit with a layer of Mac C-Thru lip glass over it, it's the closest I'll get to Nars Chelsea Girls without the gross "my lips disappeared" look. For once.... I'm happy with my Rimmel l/s purchase and would consider repurchasing, although the scent does bother me a bit.

on 6/5/2005 1:36:00 AM

This lipstick is HG material. I have only used NARS Dolce Vita l.s for a while now but she has a HG sister now! It goes on sheer, light, smooth, moisturizing & great price 4.99. Universally flattering IMHO. Smells divine too kind of like a Starburst. The texture, smell and application make this an AAA product definately proving as good if not better than lots of high end and department store lipsticks! Homerun Rimmel!

This color is so pretty, I got this because I had read on MUA it was a look a like for Paula Dorf's Gatsby. I had already bought Gatsby and it was beyond the returning time but I though I'd try birthday suit anyways and I am much happier with birthday suit. I has a hint of pink in it where as Gatsby is a true nude.
Birthday suit goes perfect with smoky eyes.