Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit
Rimmel Lasting Finish Rimmel Birthday Suit in 121 & 250Rimmel

3.7

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I completely agree with a previous review: this is meant for warm complexions with darker skin and not for cool toned PPP's. I'm a PPP, neutral/cool and it looks muddy/orange/beige and like death on me. It also was quite drying and not smooth when trying to apply.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Against my cool pale complexion, brown eyes and brown hair this looked orange-ish. Yuck, it's a good think Walgreens takes returned makeup. I did give it 1 lippie because it felt creamy and smooth and didn't taste like paint (like a lot of other lipsticks taste). I think I'll take some of the advice here at MUA and exchange for an airy fairy.

on 5/18/2010 12:15:00 PM

Not the best lipstick i've tried, but definitely not the best either.
Its too shimmery/frosty for my liking and too much of a brown tone.
Pair it with a light gloss like Mac's C-thru and it can work.

I bought this after hearing so many good things about it on MUA. I was skeptical when I first saw it in the tube at the store, but I figured; hey why not, it's cheap. I went home and took off all my lipgloss so I could see the color accurately, and used Sally Hansen invisible lip liner with it. I have to say I'm not really a fan of this lipstick. On me (Neutral/fair, dark hair, blue-green eyes) this color just looks too brown or copper colored to look good. I prefer nude colors with more pink in them. I don't like the smell either, or that it comes off so easily. It is very moisturizing though which is a plus. I'm usually more of a lipgloss kind of girl, so I think I'll stick with the gloss from now on.

on 10/19/2006 1:28:00 PM

One coat of this on my very pigmented lips...no effect. Two/three coats, and it showed up orange. I really wanted to like this and hoped it would be a great nude, but unfortunately it's way too orange/brown, in a very unattractive way. Apart from the color, though, the texture of the lipstick is nice and smooth, and it's soo reasonably-priced. Back to the search for a nude lipstick that won't turn orange/make me look sick!

on 9/21/2008 5:36:00 AM

This looked like a nice light neutral. It went on darker than you'd think by looking at it in the tube. I still like it. It wears ok for such an inexpensive product. Since it's a longer wearing lipstick, it is a bit drying. Applying a balm first really helps.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like Birthday Suit . Its such a nice medium pinky brown
without being too frosty. I love the fact that it just "drenches" your lips with color! Its packed with pigment! and the way it smells...Its divine. This might be my saturday-look-lippie, You kinda feel like a wooden nymph with this one...Oh So Natural, on another Level :)

on 3/1/2007 1:11:00 PM

Eh, nothing really special about Rimmel's Birthday Suit. It's a honey beige pink nude with some pearl. It is a nice nude, it just doesn't do anything for me. The formula is ok, smells like candied coconut to me. I don't like fragranced lipsticks but this is tolerable, fades within a few minutes. Birthday Suit reminds me of a less pinky peach version of my HG which is GA Mania #26. I prefer GA because it's unscented and the Mania formula is thicker and more moisturizing. So unfortunately I don't have much use for Birthday Suit. For reference I'm Chanel Beige, Stila 30 watts, GA LSF 5.5.

This is a great shade on my cool toned pale skin. It looks very natural and quite sophisticated. The staying power isn't great, but I only paid two dollars for it, so I'm alright with reapplying if I need to.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I really really love this shade, but I wouldn't call it a "nude". For me, that's a positive thing. I'm very fairly complected and I need some color on my lips to keep me from looking like a corpse.

This is a very pretty natural color; sort of a warm, peachy flesh tone. But don't cringe when I say "peachy". It doesn't scream peach. It's a very subtle peach tint, which makes it perfect for those who are warm, but pale. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a nude that is suitable for pale skin that doesn't have pink undertones, so for me, this is a real find.

However...I took off one lippie becaue I'm not crazy about the consistency. It's very, very sheer; almost the consistency of a gloss. It really doesn't last long on it's own. I layer it over Rimmel's long wearing lip liner in Tiramisu and that creates a very pretty, long lasting effect.

All in all, for the price, it's a nice product and a beautiful shade. I almost always layer my lip products anyway, so no hardship there. Because the color is so perfect for me, I'll definitely purchase again.