Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/6/2010 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This products makes your lips look awful if they are not PERFECTLY conditioned and moist

the color is a metallic nude and looks worse than nothing on me (NC25 highlight pigmented lips)

Its not long lasting either, which in my case is good but would not be if you were looking for something with 'lasting finish'

really regret buying.

on 9/26/2009 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Edit: I just read the review above mine, and "too ashy" is definitely the way to describe this. I think the ashy color in this is what makes me think that my skin looks too red when I put this color on.
~Every time I attempt to wear this lipstick, I end up wiping it off. I'm not completely sure why, but the color just doesn't work on me. I'm pale to light with yellow undertones (and since purchasing this I've realized I look better in rose to purple shades). This color makes my lips look too brown and really emphasizes the red in my skin. Not attractive in the slightest. I'm not a huge fan of the texture of these (but I guess they are not that bad for the price) they really don't wear well at all, teeth transfer is a definite possibility, and I cannot stand the smell. I do not want my makeup to smell like cake/candy, drives me nuts lol. Anyhoo, not for me, though I have to admit it looks really nice on some people, just doesn't work w my coloring.

on 8/3/2009 4:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely love this colour on my NC35, tanned skin. Which is why I am gutted that the smell and taste are so nasty. I have tried to get over it, and I can't -- wearing this lipstick fills my nostrils with a cloying, sickly-sweet smell, and the taste isn't much better. Rimmel, please ask your chemists to work on the smell and taste of this lipstick, because you're turning customers away. I give this one lippie because the colour is gorgeous. But I wouldn't buy again, for the above reasons.

on 4/26/2009 3:42:00 PM

I don't like this colour on me. This is definetly not a nude colour, it goes on orange and brown. Not very attractive on the lips. Very surprising how people call this a nude colour. I bought this only because I heard it's a nude colour and after trying it, I was disappointed. I'm a nude lip wearer and this is NOT nude.

on 1/20/2009 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this!! If it looked like verdant0green's lips, I would have LOVED it! I bought it based on her review and pictures!!! But nope, this one was NOT for me! I have very pigmented lips, and am NC25. It just didn't work...it didn't come out as a nude but more as a too overly-done caramel. It was bleh. The consistency was nice but this color was just the worst for me. Very sad :*( i wanted to love it!!!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I completely agree with a previous review: this is meant for warm complexions with darker skin and not for cool toned PPP's. I'm a PPP, neutral/cool and it looks muddy/orange/beige and like death on me. It also was quite drying and not smooth when trying to apply.

on 10/18/2008 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick absolutely did not work for me. I'm NC25, light olive, dark hair, pigmented lips. Since I'm warm, I figured this would be a nice nude. Unfortunately on my lips it was a shimmery orange-brown brick mess. Ick. It was also a quite drying, as Rimmel lipsticks tend to be. Nudes from Rimmel that I love are Provocative Nude & Boudoir [both LE].
It's too bad, I've seen Birthday Suit look absolutely fabulous on other gals!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Against my cool pale complexion, brown eyes and brown hair this looked orange-ish. Yuck, it's a good think Walgreens takes returned makeup. I did give it 1 lippie because it felt creamy and smooth and didn't taste like paint (like a lot of other lipsticks taste). I think I'll take some of the advice here at MUA and exchange for an airy fairy.

on 8/13/2005 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have blonde hair, blue eyes and a fair cool complexion. this color did not work for me, I should have known better, but you all seemed to be crazy about it so I thought I'd try it, but the worst part was the smell and taste. turned my stomach, I had to wipe it off! this is definitely going back to Walmart. on the good side, it was creamy.

on 5/18/2010 12:15:00 PM

Not the best lipstick i've tried, but definitely not the best either.
Its too shimmery/frosty for my liking and too much of a brown tone.
Pair it with a light gloss like Mac's C-thru and it can work.