RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Rimmel Lasting Finish Rimmel Birthday Suit in 121 & 250Rimmel

4.1

on 7/22/2010 10:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

love this nude!! i got it along with my rimmel airy fairy. its a really good nude colour for my yellow based skin tone, i use a lip balm underneath so it doesnt feel dry, and not heavy at all. i usually top it off with a lip gloss because its a cream colour and it just looks kinda flat and not very shiny on its own.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I went out to buy this because of the rave revies, I had imagined that it would be a very natural nude color. However, when I got home and tried it on, it was a horrible frosty orangey brown on my very pigmented lips (I'm NC25). I was highly dissapointed. Then I decided to try it over MAC Hue l/s (which lightens my lips) and it was a much more appealing, natural color. Still it was quite orangey. Next, I tried applying concealer on my lips then Birthday Suit, and it FINALLY turned out to be the warm nudey color that I wanted it to be. Paired with NYX Natural Lipgloss, this is a very gorgeous natural goldeny hard to describe color. :)

However, the smell can sometimes be quite artifically horrible. Sometimes the smell is very strong, and sometimes its barely noticable. Also, if you're cool toned, I would definitely stay far, far away from this lipstick

ROP for pics+

continued >>

on 12/23/2009 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS LIPSTICK!!!!!!! it is the PERFECT neutral nude lipstick for women of color.. my lips are very pigmented so i was soo shock on how well it looked on my lips.. it doesn't look like i have on concealer like most nude lipsticks, it looks very natural and it look amazing with my caramel skintone!! Also, it is super cheap, under 5 dollars!! i would definatley buy this lipstick again!!!!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love these lipsticks but I accidentily got this one instead of Frosted :(
oops, on my pale skin this is super orangey but its smooth and soft
and I use a balm undermeath so my lips don't get dry.
If you can pull off this shade, more power to ya, but this color just isn't good for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When everyone said this was the perfect nude i think i was thinking it was a bit lighter. Its a nice colour but its kind of a medium beige, not really that nude kind of more brown. I love the consostency just not too impressed by the colour.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Got this at clearance at walgreens. Very similar to MAC jubilee lipstick. Not much different from my natural color but it makes my whole face look polished. Its also pretty sheer, similar to a lustre formula. A great lipstick for people who are turned off by the idea of lipsticks.

on 7/11/2005 7:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this today based on the MUA reviews and it is a rosy bronze color, very natural & YLBB.

For a drugstore lipstick, it's not all that cheap (I paid around 6$ for it.) but it's pretty good quality. It feels like a balm on my lips. Unfortunately, the balm-y texture is merely wishful thinking. It dried up my lips and flaked off in little balls. So i definitely recommend a little bit of real balm underneath.

But the lipstick has a nice moist sheen. It looks great with a tan but it's very warm toned, so cool-toned people might want to avoid this one. Tastes pretty good too, a sort of sweet flavor. However, it doesn't last very long (maybe a few hrs at best.)

For reference, I'm warm toned medium with black hair brown eyes and semi-pigmented lips.

on 5/10/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Nice colour but the finish is a bit too glittery
Looks cakey and makes your lips look dry and peeled...

on 11/16/2012 4:34:00 PM

Pros:
Nice slightly darker than nude shade.
Applies easily and evenly.
Lasts slightly longer than your average lipstick.

Cons:
Slightly drying.

on 11/2/2010 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Pros:
-Very moisturizing
-Very nice browny nude peachy colour with shimmer
-Glides on smoothly
-Very pigmented
-Smells great
Cons:
-Not long lasting
-May settle in the lines of your lips slightly.
Yet this is a great lipstick at a great price. Will repurchase :)