Vichy Purete Thermale Eye Make-up Remover Sensitive Eyes

Vichy Purete Thermale Eye Make-up Remover Sensitive Eyes

3.4

WATER; PEG-120 METHYL GLUCOSE DIOLEATE; POLOXAMER 124; HEXYLENE GLYCOL; ALLANTOIN; DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE; DISODIUM EDTA: PANTHENOL; CENTAUREA CYANUS / CENTAUREA CYANUS FLOWER EXTRACT; POLYAMINOPROPYL BIGUANIDE; PARFUM

on 3/23/2016 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this because the Neutrogena cleanser gave me an itchy rash. The clerk recommended this and promised it was made for sensitive eyes, so once my rash healed and I used mascara again, I gave this a try. It does work to a degree but I had to use a lot of cotton squares and it took a long time to come off. I dare not use soap and water anymore so I just kept using warm water to rinse off the eye makeup remover until all the mascara was gone. I really hope there's a better eye makeup remover out there.

Update: There is nothing wrong with this. I have figured out how to use it. You just need ONE Shiseido cotton square. You put a little of the cleanser on it, hold it to one closed eye a few moments, wipe downward gently, then turn it over and wipe upward from the lower lashes. Put water on the cotton and squeeze it out, then dab the lashes until it all comes off. Keep looking at the cotton with the other eye until it has no more black streaks. Rinse the eye with water, then dry. There will be no black marks on the towel. Repeat with other eye. I think the problem the other day was too many coats of of a new mascara. With no more than 3 coats of a normal mascara, it will come right off this way. And I did not get any irritation from it, so this is a suitable product for sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I received a travel size of this product as a gift, and all I can say is that I'm extremely relieved that I didn't pay for it.

Not only is this stuff utterly useless for removing eye makeup (I soaked three different cotton balls in it, applied to my eyes, and it STILL hadn't taken much off, I had to use a Yes To Cucumbers towlette to get even a bit of actual makeup removal), the claim for "sensitive eyes" is a bald-faced, flat out, pants-on-fire lie.

My eyes are not particularly sensitive. I've used a variety of eye makeup removers and have never had anything like the reaction I had to this product before. Not only did it burn like I'd just used Sriracha as eye drops, it didn't stop. I went to bed, woke up the next morning, and not only were my eyes still stinging a bit, they were bright red and had a weird crusty residue on them. It was bizarre. I have never had anything like that happen to my eyes before or since.

It cleared up as the day went on, but I was too scared to attempt it again. And if that's what happened to me, who doesn't have sensitive eyes, I'd hate to see what this does to people who actually DO buy this and believe the claim that it is good for sensitive eyes/skin.

To Read all 39 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/11/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

PROS:
Washes off eye makeup very well
No smell
Doesn't sting my eyes
Readily available at my pharmacy

CONS:
Pricey

I like this eye makeup remover. I don't wear waterproof mascara so I can't comment on that. It does completely remove my long wearing concealer and all traces of eye make up without rubbing. I used it once in a pinch as a facial cleanser and it broke me out badly, so that is a no-no! I will purchase again even though I find it a bit pricey.

on 8/18/2014 10:30:00 AM

I have very sensitive and very allergy prone eyes.. One of the reasons why I got this pricy eye makeup remover was it is specifically for "sensitive eyes"..

Oh boy! it irritated my eyes so badly and created a "pimple" in my inner rim.. I stopped using it for a while and my eyes calmed down.. After awhile, I wanted to give it another chance yesterday and used it again and there we go now I have the same pimple pain on my other eye!

I will never ever repurchase it again and never recommend it to someone...

Update: after my this review on august 18th, now (august 22nd) my left eye is all swollen and there is a pimple inside, blinking even hurts :(

on 4/26/2014 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

**Sensitive Skin girls, here is your makeup remover

PROS:
-watery consistency doesn't clog pores or irritate sensitive skin. that's my favorite thing about this product: it feels just like a clarifying water and doesn't break me out
-can be used on eyes and face without irritating either yet taking off makeup very well
-easy to use, travel friendly

CONS:
-i don't remember the price, but vichy isn't cheap, but not very expensive
-not available at every drugstore, that's for sure, but worth it.

If you're sick of oily, greasy or gooey waterproof makeup remover, here's your solution.
If you wear A LOT of makeup you may have to go back in twice or use a toner, but it dissolves makeup surprisingly well WITHOUT the breakouts and irritation.

on 1/8/2014 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Smells nice, works well, doesn't leave an oily feeling which I hate with makeup removers. Have used for years, always end up buying this again.

on 12/30/2013 8:41:00 PM

This is my absolute favourite eye makeup remover EVER. This stuff is incredible, it dissolves all my eye makeup quickly, with the smallest amount. It lasts forever, and I rarely need to repurchase it. It is on the pricey side for an eye makeup remover, but it's definitely worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product smells amazing but failed at removing waterproof mascara. My eyelids are refreshed, but sometimes a little bit irritated. I'm not expert on eye makeup removers, maybe you can find better product. Btw... give a try, if you want.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This eye makeup remover is okay. I have used much more expensive products that don't work as well, but I have used a cheaper product that works just as well too. It doesn't leave a heavy greasy feel on your lid but it does leave a bit of a film. You do have to scrub a little bit to get your mascara off but to be honest I haven't quite found the right product for me yet. If I try ten more products and they all work the same I will probably come back to this one.

on 3/2/2012 8:39:00 PM

The one positive...this product smells incredibly good. I wish it were a perfume instead. As far as removing eye makeup it did nothing. I ended up following this pricey potion with a diaper wipe. Awful!