4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 months ago

Rubber, leather, vanilla and ... tea? I thought this would be a gimmick but sampled it anyway based on the reviews, and I am truly at a loss for how this accord actually works. Actually, it doesn't just 'work', it smells goooooood. Bought the full sized bottle just a few hours after my first sampling, at how cheap this fragrance is I'd be a fool not to.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

a year ago

Hot tires and vanilla! Nothing else is like it. A very good deal. Gets a little powdery after a few hours, though.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

EyesHazel

a year ago

Reviewing this when we're noticing hubby's bottle has only a little left in it and neither of us is sure whether we're grateful to bid it farewell, or uncomfortable with how hard to find it is these days. I can't tell the sharp opening is smokey lapsang souchoung, it could be anything really. But it turns into the distinct, convincing new tire smell quickly. New sports car mentions are spot on imo. It is a vanillad tire, but even with my love hate relationship with vanilla, it is pulled off into that sweet smell of a new car interior, timid enough behind the tire scent that it isn't the smell of driving back from Christmas with family with mother's vanilla crescents in the leather back seat of a new scooby. The dry down is a to die for woodsy note, a really incredible woodsy note that to me, alone is worth hours of wondering whether I love smelling of tires or find it weird. It's mixed with rough leather, old leather this time, hyde. Amazing. The bottle is interesting and fitting for men or female car enthusiasts. I like black packaging in general. A unisex fragrance, easily. One to try, although whether it's a keeper, I don't know. It has sentimental value for me as my other half wears it occasionally and I wear it to smell like him (and for that woodsy note *sigh*), but all that tire, tire, tire can get a little...tiring. Projection modest. Longevity though is surprising. I think it's been gone for hours, then get a perfectly good sudden whiff of it, several times over. Points for creativity, who knew tires would work in a scent. And god that woodsy note, wow.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Not Sure

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Slightly smoky vanilla tea. Simultaneously modern and cuddly. Gently sweet and fresh, with enough of an incense impression to be distinctly "dark." It's like stepping into a tea shop on a rain washed night in the big city. It has great sillage---one spray is plenty---and lasts for ~12 hours on me. All this in one fragrance, in a pretty nifty bottle, for ~US$20 on Amazon.

About reviewer (209 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

5 years ago

I love this perfume. I also love leather notes, the unusual, and unisex fragrances. I only got the famous rubber/lapsang souchong smell the first time I applied. Since then I've noticed more jasmine, smoke, and sandalwood over an addictive sweet and musky base. In EdT it is unobtrusive enough that I feel comfortable giving myself a couple sprays before work. There are rumors that this perfume is being discontinued, and I do notice that it is mainly sold by fragrance discounters. Say it ain't so! Sadly, I cannot find EdP, only EdT. This fragrance is a modern classic, and one of my favorites.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

from

5 years ago

Edit: it's a year later, and I am adding two stars for the EdT and have executed a complete turnaround. In colder weather, I can smell the smoked black Lapsong Souchong tea note more clearly, and I have a feeling that once I have smelt it a certain way, that is how it will register. Dry down is dry unsweetened musky with not much vanilla thankfully. If I want to amp up the vanilla, thats easy. ---- My original issue was, in very hot weather, the famed rubber note was expressed on my skin as a cheap artificial pleather car seat, or plastic, not avant garde smoked industrial rubber leather. After I sampled the much more expensive, critically acclaimed By Killian Rose Oud, which bizarrely released much MORE car artificial scent (plus a disturbing juicy fruit gum sweetness), I did think more highly of BB. (The fragrances are otherwise NOT similar, and the end result post dry down is very different). And, that particular facet of RO made me recall the artificial plastic vanilla of the much sweeter Tocade which used to get a passing score in my mind because it falls under the "but it's vintage and so artificial it's almost ironic" category that really doesn't exist for any other fragrance. If you like the idea of a dark unsweetened rose ( more leather! smoke! incense! or other dark ingredient! less rose), this is niche conception at a bargain price, and a rose suitable for non rose lovers. Considerably drier and darker than Tauers Incense Rose or incense extreme, and more austere and less powdery than Amouage Lyric Woman. It's Paloma Picasso or Agent Provocateur without the sharp animalic scariness and with amplified the leather rubber. I think the bottle is adorable, and well worth the price even if you dislike the scent. Unisex. My recent edit is from a new bottle bought on line. The ingredient list on the box is not super long, so I think it's discounted older dead stock. It wears like a skin scent without much sillage, which I prefer.

About reviewer (517 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

3.0

6 years ago

just got a sample yesterday after being curious about it for months... i love kinky perfumes and, therefore, expected to like it. well, i do, although it IS quite bizzare! i don't smell tea in it-mostly rubber and leather mixed with some femininity:) it is as if you are wearing a liquid tire or expensive leather bag on you:) i know, sounds crazy but for some odd reason it is nice and can be pulled off by a woman although it sounds so masculine. i am still unsure of whether i would go for a full bottle; however, it is a nice thing to have in your collection when you feel different. the thing i dislike most about it, though, is a very poor staying power. other than that, i am not disappointed

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Fine

EyesOther

6 years ago

For days I don't feel like behaving well, I go for this: the vanilla gets mean with the rubber and tea notes in the best possible way. It smells like a bonfire of Barbies.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

from

6 years ago

Bulargi Black is a unique smokey oriental. There is a wonderful rubbery smell paired with a creamy vanilla accord, as though someone smashed an expensive vial of perfume inside a bike shop. At once comforting and kinky. Love.

About reviewer (533 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

EyesGreen

7 years ago

I like this smell of bulgari black, and my husband love it too. wanna buy again

About reviewer (19 reviews)

AgeUnder 18