3.3

price range

Reviews

3.0

5 months ago

I bought this back when I just got out of college. At he time it was great foundation for my skin. It covered really well, lasted all day and gave me a flawless finish. I found a teeny bit of t left in my makeup drawer and decided to try it again. Ugh! It went on really splotchy and thick. Don't know if the product has turned or if I've just evolved in my makeup tastes, but this definitely doesn't suit me now. I'll keep looking for that perfect foundation.

About reviewer (456 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2.0

9 years ago

I started off with Maybelline in my teens. I did enjoy using it for a bit because I had no comparison. After trying other brands this foundation is pretty bad. Has no staying power and is very oily. And looking back in photos it didn't suit me one bit. YUCK

About reviewer (89 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

12 years ago

This product is in a heavy glass bottle, and difficult to use. The contents feel more like cream rather than liquid. This does hide pores but since I am an asian, the right match was impossible. Maybelline should work on more shades. I used ivory and it was a bit grey on me. The next shade was a bit dark and orange for me. Sometimes I feel as if these cosmetic companies are being racist LOL but that is just me. When I used this product, many of my friends complimented on my skin saying I have perfect skin. I dont. I have kinda even skin tonned skin but i have big pores. This foundation beautifully hides my pores sine this is quite creamy type. This has not broken me out either, but it has a bit thick heavy wear and I do feel all day long that I am wearing makeup.. This is OK foundation since it is non -comodogenic and make my skin look so beautiful though. Altho this product is oil-free, this has no oil controlling function. :)

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair

HairBlack

EyesBlack

12 years ago

This was the first foundation that I ever bought when I was 17 years old, way back during the summer of 2003. I was at the DMV waiting to do my road test and I went to the Shopper's Drug Mart across the street and bought this for $6 (thats cheap for foundation) because Maybelline was discontinuing the line. I knew nothing about foundation, so it took me a while to figure out how to blend it to make my skin look natural - I finally settled on a make up sponge (now I know better and I use my fingers). The colour and staying power was pretty good - I used to wear this from 8 am to 11 pm and the bottle lasted me for my entire 1st year of university and I must add that I wore this every day, including on the weekends lol My skin is naturally very oily and pimple prone and this surpringly never broke me out, despite the heavy wear that I got out of it. The colour matched my really well but alas this made my skin very oily *sigh* Still, if this wasn't discontinued and I wasn't writing this review because I am going down memory lane, I would buy this in a heart beat.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Tan

HairBrunette

13 years ago

I actually really like this foundation and I usually Laua Mercier or MAC. I like this foundation because I have very dry skin. I got it because I was out of my Laura and was at school where they do not have much around so I had to grab something at Rite Aid. I leaves me with a really dewy flawless coverage and my skin tone is pretty uneven. You can not beat it for the price.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal

HairBrown

14 years ago

I tried this out b/c it was on clearance at the drug store and I thought the color would be a good match. So far, I have been please with it for days that I am just looking for light coverage. The only thing I don't like about it is that without powder, it can look a bit oily after 5-6 hours of wear. I also feel like it is pretty sheer, and sort of disappears by the end of the day. But it was fine, though.. I see it is being discontinued so it isn't even available for repurchase.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther

EyesBlue

3.0

14 years ago

I received this in a swap. I have very dry and mature skin, and this MU is very very moisturizing, with medium coverage, which I totally love. It's actually too moisturizing for me in the summer, so I'm holding onto it to try in the winter. I find myself using blot papers and two powders to get rid of the shine it produces in the hot summer days. I used the Ivory (lightest) color and it does match my PPP skintone perfectly. I hope they aren't d/c-ing this b/c it will be great for my dry skin in the winter.

About reviewer (224 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

14 years ago

I THINK Maybelline is discontinuing this, because I picked this up at Walgreens for $4! And of course, I love it, so that pretty much assures they will quit making it. It is just the right weight for spring & summer and gives me sort of a glow. I'll enjoy the bottle until it's gone and then resume my quest for the perfect foundation.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

EyesGreen

1.0

14 years ago

One of the worst foundations I have ever used!!! I have combo skin, and this made it look like a oil slick -- No coverage at all-- and very watery, it ran all over the place when I tried to apply it. A total waste of time and money--

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinCombination

EyesBlue

14 years ago

this is my HG lowline foundation, have been using it for a few years now, very light and the color is great! I apply mine with a sponge for a flawless finish.

About reviewer (143 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral