Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Rose

Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Rose

3.6

on 8/15/2004 10:52:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I've worn this fragrance for years and I've never known anyone else who wears it. I loved it then and I still love it even though I haven't worn it much for several years, I think I just tired of it and wanted to try something new. On me this is a very beautiful, very powdery rose scent that's never overpowering or too much. And, the bottle is a very elegant match to this fragrance. I highly recommend this fragrance to anyone who likes a beautiful, elegant, and refined fragrance.

on 6/2/2007 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was ubiquitous in the 80s, as I remembered when I first sniffed it. I really like it, though--rosey, at once honeyed and powdery. Reminds me of Teint de Neige, but rosier and not as cloying.

on 2/4/2005 1:09:00 AM

For the first hour the scent is smothered in powder. As the powderiness fades, a lovely, sparkling (fizzy! what a neat effect!), honeyed rose emerges--so pretty, but alas, still too powdery for me. Sweet and ladylike.

on 4/24/2013 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I got a great deal on this on drugstore.com, because I was going back to the classic scents I used to wear back in the late '80's and early '90's. Ombre Rose was my signature "office wear" scent. It smelled exactly the same now. A blast of baby powder first which wears off after a couple of minutes to a drydown of a honeyed rose (on me) and a spicy note too. My SO says it smells like a spicy baby powder and it does not irritate his allergies. Really gorgeous bottle too. I bought the 3.4 oz, so it should last awhile. I would buy again if drugstore.com keeps it in stock. I can't stand the fruit salad scents that is so prevalent now. I had to give away those to my nieces who loves them.

on 10/21/2012 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Picturing pure white Snow falling on rich Velvet cloth
of Crimson, The Aldehyde Opening of Ombre Rose Conjuring
The Scent of Dry Winter Air Wet Rosewood adds a Tinge of
Cold Rose the drydown Consists of a note of snow covered
ceder steeps though the Air giving a Green Cypress freshness Brisk and awakening Iris Gives Ombre an Old
Soul frozen in time it's Powdery Nuance Conjours Images
of Old Long lost Love letters delicately Decaying through Time like a wing of a Moth or Dark violet petals
in Old Leather bounded Books falling on the lacquered
Wooded Floor in the vast but Intimate Library den in a
large Victorian Home on the outskirts of a Wintry
New England Town.

Musk Opens the drydown With a Subtlety not Overpowering or Cloyish Cinnamon makes it's
presence known but doesn't Dominates like almost
all Cinnamon notes does, Lily note has to be the
shyest in Ombre it generaly Hides behind the others
Like Camouflage, Sweet Heliotrope, And Vanilla
Finishes Ombre Rose L'Original with a Powdery Ending.

on 8/2/2010 7:21:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Lovely, demure fragrance! There is an initial strong alcohol smell ( I guess it's the aldehydes) but then the sweet rose with a slight powdery note emerges. I always associate rose fragrances with soft and romantic and this definitely falls within this category. It is ideal to wear either with a cashmere sweater on a cold day or with a long, boho dress ( or even a 50s full skirt) in the summer. I wouldn't call it "mature" but rather girly and flirtatious. Good lasting power and not too overwhelming to wear even during the day. Although, it is not spectacular, I would find a good use for a full bottle of this.

on 5/26/2005 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This smells like playdough on me... I have toilet cleaners that smell better than this. Definitely not for me. Have a nice day!

Popular Fragrances