Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Rose

3.7

on 4/24/2013 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I got a great deal on this on drugstore.com, because I was going back to the classic scents I used to wear back in the late '80's and early '90's. Ombre Rose was my signature "office wear" scent. It smelled exactly the same now. A blast of baby powder first which wears off after a couple of minutes to a drydown of a honeyed rose (on me) and a spicy note too. My SO says it smells like a spicy baby powder and it does not irritate his allergies. Really gorgeous bottle too. I bought the 3.4 oz, so it should last awhile. I would buy again if drugstore.com keeps it in stock. I can't stand the fruit salad scents that is so prevalent now. I had to give away those to my nieces who loves them.

on 2/2/2009 6:10:00 PM

Too sweet. Smells like something an old woman would wear. Very claustrophobic scent as it is so overpowering. Emily Howard, from Little Britain would wear this in a effort to be 'more of a laydeeeee!!' I had to chuck the sample away I hated it so much.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This is fabulous! Ombre Rose is a beautiful soft rose perfume with an overlay of honey and woods. It is quite linear on my skin, but I am very happy with this as it is so lovely. It *is* a powdery scent, but although it has honey (and some musk too listed as a note) it is not overly sweet. The sandalwood gives it a depth and a deepness and I think it is entirely aptly named. I don't find it a bright rose; it's a shadowy, dusky autumn rose with a nostalgic feel to it - just delicious and absolutely full-bottle-worthy!

Popular Fragrances