Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Rose

1 review

on 3/1/2013 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I recently hijacked my mother's older-than-dirt perfume miniatures that were in a box that included Ombre Rose, Ombre Bleue, Robert Piguet Fracas and Bandit and Niki de Saint Phalle. The Ombre Rose is one of the best of these miniatures. I don't like strong rose based scents especially if they smell very synthetic and strong because they come across like rose scented Airwick spray but Ombre Rose has a soft rose scent mixed with a bit of a baby powder scent mixed with other notes that I'm not sure of at the moment.

I find Ombre Rose to be strangely wearable in that retro vintage outfit sort of way. Ladylike and vintage as far as this scent goes but not museum and 'ancient'-like. Ombre Rose is almost like a grown up, more complex and more sophisticated version of Love's Baby Soft or something. I think I like, this vintage Ombre Rose find/steal anyway, because it's still very different from the very young and clone-ish new perfumes that are sold everywhere nowadays and if you want very distinctive newer perfumes these days you have to pay a heck of a lot out!