Caress Shower Gel

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

3.9

I bought this because I needed a good, reasonably priced shower gel. After using it for about a week I noticed my skin was dryer than usual, and my eczema patches had gotten worse. I still put lotion on after the shower, so I don't understand why it dried me out so much. I bought it because I couldn't afford my normal wash- The Body Shop's Mango Body Wash. I will not purchase this shower gel again. It made me spend more money in the long run trying to fix my scaly skin.

on 11/27/2005 11:37:00 PM

i liked the fragrance, but this dried out my skin like crazy. the fragrance did not last very long, either. would not repurchase :(

on 1/12/2006 11:10:00 AM

I dont like caress body wash. It seems to be all about the fragrance, and skimpy on moisturizing. After showering my skin felt dry and tight. I used "glowing touch" and didnt see any glow at all. Even the fragrance doesnt seem to last on me. Maybe im cheap, but I think caress is expensive considering the amount you get, oh and the poor performance of the product (for me anyway). St Ives body wash, dial daily care, and olay work much better for my sensitive skin

on 1/17/2002 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

average. no big deal... it's like any other shower gel... u might as well buy the cheaper softsoap because it does the same thing.

i think i like oil of olay's version much better.

on 10/8/2001 6:36:00 PM

I had purchased this in Whitewater Breeze. Very clean smelling, lathers great and rinses off well. Leave my skin soft and smooth as well. I never expected that from a shower gel. Especially not Caress either.

on 10/2/2009 4:08:00 PM

I received a sample of this in Waterfresh Breeze. I was expecting it to be drying, like most clear shower gels are, but it was actually quite moisturizing. The scent was nice, but I think it'd be better as a home fragrance than a body fragrance. It was decent though.

on 3/6/2005 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This body wash smells so good! It lathers really well and makes my skin feel soft. It did dry my skin a little bit, but nothing a little extra lotion couldn't handle. I would repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this stuff. Shower gel is still pretty expensive in general, so this stuff is a winner for a girl on a budget. I have the Berry Fusion scent, which is quite nice. It smells like Strawberry Bubbalicious gum or a wild berry yogurt flavour. This stuff makes lots of lather, which I happen to like. My two gripes are that it isn't especially moisturizing (but that's why God created lotion) and that sometimes, if you don't rinse really really really well, it can have an unpleasant soap scummy feeling (but I think a lot of cleansers have trouble in the clean-rinsing department).

on 5/22/2002 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This was a pretty decent body wash. It foamed up well and smelled nice. Left my skin soft as well.

on 5/6/2002 8:59:00 PM

I use the Nature's Silk bodywash (the one in the peach bottle). It has a good lather and is not drying. I really like the smell. It's very subtle.

Popular Gels/Soaps