Zapzyt 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Gel

3.8

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) (acne treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Laureth 4, Carbomer 940, EDTA, Diisopropanolamine, Water USP (Purified)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because PersaGel was sold out and I thought I'd give it a try, since they both have 10% benzoyl peroxide. PersaGel is better, IMO. I like to mix together PersaGel with Cetaphil moisturizer every other night (or more often depending on the blemishes I have going on), and this has worked very well for me. When I do this with the Zapzyt, it doesn't seem to lessen existing blemishes at all. I wake up and they look the same as they looked when I went to bed, but with PersaGel they are usually smaller, and I think it prevents new ones better than Zapzyt does. A couple nights I just ran a wipe over my face, then put the Zapzyt on as a spot treatment, and it seemed to work better then.
Zapzyt didn't seem to work well (be effective) with other products, such as with sunscreen moisturizer during the day, or moisturizer or other treatment at night. I always use the PersaGel in conjunction with other products, morning and night, so I won't be buying this again.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've been having random breakouts with a couple of pimples appearing overnight; and this stuff really does the job of helping them heal faster. I've noticed that with bigger ones, while it does reduce the swelling and dry out the pimples, the core becomes hardened underneath the skin & takes a while to disappear. It also leaves darker pigmentation, but since it does fade eventually, I'm willing to take that over having angry pimples that never seem to go away. I've heard acne.org also has a BP solution, but since I don't have acnes all over my face, I'm happy with this.

This is my HG spot treatment, lately I have Rx products and using 2.5 BP, well after several years of not using I realized how much of an HG it really is. I had a big pimple come up on my forehead and tried everything, desperate scouring the drugstore I remember zapzyt and how I used it before so let me try it...tried it and it literally dried out the zit the next day, it was flat and easy to cover up, I continued to use and the zit dried up and peeled off. This is my favorite spot treatment ever, I did notice the formula changed as I tried it this time, but regardless it still works wonders and the ingredient list is so small.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This product was garbage and did nothing for my pimples. Whatever this is, it surely isn't 10% benzoyl peroxide.

I tried it with a little pimple in 3 days, and it just did nothing or nothing special to another product, but my skin not irritant or burn or looks like not fit with this product, so I tried it on all my face, and after 2 weeks ,my acne gone so well, all the old acne i have over month and month now disappear, and i just got some when i'm in period. And after 3 weeks, the only pros i see is my skin is super dry, but after 1 week i try with sleeping mask and moisture, my skin was better...Now I dont use this product anymore on my face cus I want to have a routine for my skin, like a combo so I'm trying Acne.org, but i still using it on my back and recommend it to my sister, and it still works well, I think u should try this pr more than 3 weeks to see the effect ( sr for my bad English :D)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm a 45 year old woman of color. I've tried so many products to clear up my ance. I've finally found a combination of using Clear Essence Medicated Cleaning Bar which is Sulphur 3.0% to wash my face with, T.N. Dickinson's Witch hazel hazel 100%( xontaining Alcohol 14%) to gental relieve my skin that's oily, irritated with blemishes an so on, ZAPZYT which is 10% Benzoyl Peroxide as the active ingredients, then I use Vaseline cocao butter to moisturize my skin. My face is so clear I even look 10 years younger...my children friend's think so😊( blushing). As with all products my face broke out for about two weeks then it cleared all up. It has become a daily routine for my skin. By the way I do not wear makeup at all I'm all natural, I try to avoid foods with High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I don't know if they changed the formula since they came out with new packaging... but the formula in the packaging before they changed it was HG for me. It would make my blemishes disappear in 2, 3 days max. The newer one doesn't do much for my breakouts anymore :/

Oh my goodness guys. I've had problematic skin since I was 13 years old (I'm now 19), and I've been through a litany of products and prescriptions to fix it. I have severe comedonal acne, and while it's not as terrible as cystic, it's terribly hard to treat.
As I've gotten older, I've noticed acne beginning to regularly crop up on my jawline and chin, especially when I'm PMSing. Ugh, it seemed like nothing at all could fix it until I came upon Zapzyt. I was skeptical - it's so cheap, how could it beat these expensive treatment systems?!
And yet somehow it does. I've used Benzoyl Peroxide products before, and though they work, they're super harsh and drying and honestly painful. This is drying, but for once my Cetaphil moisturizer actually takes care of it. Also, it doesn't hurt at all upon application. The first time I put it on, I figured it was defective since I didn't feel anything.
Sure enough, just like all the other reviews say, just days into using Zapzyt and my blemishes have dried up and are fading away gently into the sunset.....
Awesome. And though I recognize it might not work for everyone's skin-type, for $5, what do you have to lose to try?

****EDIT****

Good God never mind the above. After two months of use, it hasn't really helped a thing. If I use two applications in a day, morning and evening, I get these awful brown streaks on the area. It's also SO itchy. Irresistibly itchy. My acne is mainly hormonal, so I guess topical solutions won't help regardless, but still. I think it aggravated it because my skin is worse than ever along the jawline and under my chin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I started using this eleven years ago when I was in 8th grade and suffering emotionally and physically from severe acne. It worked like a miracle for over a year. My acne went away completely. Yes, I'm not kidding. COMPLETELY WENT AWAY. But looking back there were other factors involved too, such as not stressing, not touching my skin ever, eating better, and keeping my life clean and organized. But I know this product was a big player too. I applied a very small amount all over my face morning and evening after cleansing, then moisturized. I was using Mary Kay. I had glowing skin for over a year and then I don't know why, but life became stressful again and the zapzyt only helped, but didn't cure. It worked off and on for the next eleven years. Never really irritated me too much, but it is drying. I have gotten to the point where I want to try and figure out what my underlying issue is. Hormones, diet, lifestyle, stress etc. So after all these years of using zapzyt I am stopping. I will always keep it on hand, though. And I would definitely tell you to try it!

I really want to love this product, I do. I know for a fact that this product works, but just not well for me. I bought this a few weeks after having run out of Terminator 10 Acne Lotion Spot Treatment, and there was none left in stock ANYWHERE in my area. I found Zapzyt pretty similar, and decided to give it a try because it was slightly cheaper than Terminator 10 and was mainly the same ingrediants (also I couldn't find any Terminator 10). I have to say that I am honestly very dissapointed in this product. I don't know whether it was because my skin was so used to another product (I've been using Terminator 10 for 2 years now and it completley cleared up my severe acne) or what, but this product did not help my in-progress breaking out skin AT ALL. If anything, I'd say it made it somewhat worse. Ever since I started using this, I've been breaking out more in the areas I used it as a spot treatment on 1 or 2 zits (these turned into 7 or 8 zits within days.). My chin and jawline are both currently all broken out from applying this product as a spot treater. I have never had a problem with acne in these areas specifically until now. Probably the most positive things I have to say out this product is it worked the first 2-3 days I used it and the price is very fair. From what I can tell, there was little to no smell so that wasn't an issue. The lotion also leaves a very yucky white looking film on my face and takes some scrubbing with exfoliating wipes to get off, which I didn't like at all. I am going to stop using this product and try to find more Terminator 10 in the near future. Like I said earlier, I really wanted to love this product, and I know it works, just not for me. I would NOT recommend this product to anyone who is switching over from another brand with a 10% benzoyl peroxide formula. I was hoping it would adjust to my skin and not break me out any more than it did, but I was slightly disappointed when it didn't do anything but make things worse. I am going to give this product 2 stars for the good pricing at least.