3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

I *love* this perfume because my body chemistry so limits what I can wear. Of perfumes still available, the only other one that smells good on me is Chanel #5. Sadly, my husband doesn't like Fracas - too floral for him. I still get it and wear it when he won't be around or we'll be somewhere like a crowded party because I enjoy the sensory input and the compliments I receive.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBrown

10 years ago

Definitely agree with the Queen Bee fragrance comment! :-) Not my scent but I admire the creamy richness of the composition. Be prepared for lots of ATTENTION if you go this route. People love it or hate it! Fracas doesn't suit me personally, but I've felt it is just stunning on others.

About reviewer (170 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBrown

10 years ago

This has been my signature fragrance for years. I think you either love it or hate it. I think fragrances do not work the same on all of us due to body chemistry. For myself I use the shower gel, lotion, powder and parfum, I don't use them to layer, it just depends on the temp outside. If you like a sexy feminine scent try this, you might love it as much as I do.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

10 years ago

The Queen Bee of fragrances, Fracas is my absolute all-time favourite; my desert-island perfume. Wear Fracas when you want to make an ENTRANCE, all capital letters present and correct. Fracas is a lush tropical flower bomb, evoking dense, damp, heavy pink-and-white petals with a smattering of jungle dew. It is strong so apply with a light hand. Some say it doesn't last but for me it has the greatest staying power of any fragrance I've tried. I can often smell it the next day after showering ... twice. Limit Fracas to special occasions for maximum impact, as it is definitely not a daytime fragrance by any stretch of the imagination. Not for the faint-hearted, but don't let that stop you.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

10 years ago

I love this fragrance! For me it is a very lovely, creamy gardenia scent, but it is not a fragrance for the woman that doesn't like gardenia or tuberose. It is a bit expensive, and I have to reapply during the day - but I still LOVE the scent.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

10 years ago

This a beautiful, well-crafted fragrance. The only reason why I’m giving it four lippies and not five is that there are about other tuberose scents that I love even more: American Beauty Beloved Red Rose, Parfumerie Generale Tuberose Couture, and BBW Velvet Tuberose, just to name a few. Having said that, I can never have too many tuberose fragrances, so maybe I'll buy this one when I start to tire of the others. : )

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesOther

10 years ago

Fracas has a very clean, just got out f the shower kind of scent. I personally find it more a summer fragrance but it can definitely be worn all year round! I enjoy Fracas and have received many compliments when wearing it - some people are absolutely obsessed with this scent! Sadly, I don't know if I am one of them. I like Fracas very much but I am not in love with it. Fracas is an old stand-by for me - the scent I reach for that is always a pleasure to be around but one that I would not have a passionate love affair with. I'm editing this review - Fracas really IS 1 of my top fav perfumes. It has GREAT lasting power, silliage, and really makes a presence. It's a floral (which I usually hate), but it's a white floral so it smells fresh. There is also a fresh blast of a fruity peach note that comes through. I don't know if I think Fracas is as outwardly seductive some other posters feel it is, but it is so beautiful, fresh, sweet without being too sweet, and unique that I am definitely falling in love with it! I lean towards fruity scents and that hint of peach really draws me in! Also, so many people recognize this scent when I am wearing it. Fracas for sure has a cult following! Petit Fracas is coming out in February! It's Fracas with chocolate and more of an emphasis on fruits for a gourmand, younger vibe - I can't wait!

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

OMG - Perfume love! I have over 100 perfumes and this is one of my most favorite. It is breathtakingly beautiful! It can be a little loud if you apply too much - so don't be heavy handed with the application unless you will not be around anyone else that day ;-) It is one of the most stunning florals I have ever had the chance to sniff. It is a big happy white floral... ah gorgeous. I think everyone should sample this..

About reviewer (124 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

3.0

10 years ago

I bought the rollerball of this one in search of a new fragrance for spring and I just don't 100% love it. I am usually a spicy/oriental/woodsy gal but have been expanding my horizons lately. It's too much for me at first spray, although the dry down in phenomenal. It takes a good hour for me to get to the point I love it (but it lasts long which is a great thing!). I will try it a few more times before I give up on it however I won't be repurchasing this one.

About reviewer (719 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

from

10 years ago

Since I joined MUA I kept seeing in boards raves about this fragance. When it comes to perfumes I am very fond of real femme fragances and always on the search for the one...I live in Greece and cannot access easily this type of fragances. Here the majority of the department stores carry more commercial fragances...So to make the long story short was difficult for me to find and smell this... One day I saw it on strawberrynet and bought it unsniffed with a small risk on what will be like. Most jasmine or gardenia fragances smell horrible on me. My latest signature scent is poison the vintage one...Not the new reformulated version (it's not so different though but the oldest version was warmer) and reading reviews here saw tuberose was one of the main ingredients on FRACAS and POISON. I ordered it asked again in fragance board whether will i like it or not and they told me different opinions,mainly that its a perfume that had to be sniffed first. Well when it came to home and smelled it It was one of the most divine smells that I have found in a fragance...It is a perfume that it doesn't smell chemistry it smells tuberose in a clean gentle way. Now I am not an expert on the tones of fragances but in me its a floral tuberose warm smell. I feel like an impulse small girl when I am wearing it. If a man smelled this on me I think that he would smell the real femme. The woman that is all at once(mistress-wife-mother-sister) but not in a old way. I'd say the mature one. I was trying to find which flower is tuberose in Greece. The dictionary said tuberose is "temberi" or "diatsento". Searching encyclopedia couldn't find the common name that this has. When mother smelled she said INDITSI!!!It's INDITSI...A common flower that has been vanished the later years... FRACAS is one of my favourite fragances I don't know if I could make it my signature scent as it's so difficult to find...But if I lived in Paris I would wear tones of it...The sillage is exceptionel!Germaine Cellier is a LEGEND for me. i have a special relation with jolie madame as well... Its the QUEEN of femme fragances for me...

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool