3.8

price range

Reviews

3.0

10 years ago

I sprayed this on at Sephora 1 day to see what the fuss was about. It smelt old ladyish at first and very VERY strong but dried down to a standable flowery smell after a while. It lasted a few hours on me but then became very faint which was surprising since it is such a strong frangrance. There is something I like about it but overall it is too much for me.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3.0
from

10 years ago

I'm sitting here with a tester sprayed on my arm (so I can't comment on overall price or bottle). I smell, very vaguely, the garden flowers everyone is talking about but the most predominant note, even after a couple of hours is soap. Not entirely unpleasant, just not my cup of tea.

About reviewer (154 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

1.0

10 years ago

This is similar to the hated Kai with that loud cheap synthetic gardenia note that could be used in surgery as an anesthetic, the way it clobbers you over the head and knocks you out. It is ether, good for rendering those around you senseless and unconscious. I liked the name of it so much I purchased a sample but after two attempts to wear it, I had to admit defeat. It's a big old smelly mess the same way Flowerbomb is: loud, obnoxious, incredibly cheap, should be in a drugstore discount bin or the car parts store where they sell the $2 products to scent your car that you hang from the rear view mirror and can smell a mile away in the parking lot.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

Age

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

10 years ago

When I was younger, I was obsessed with candles. I had one that I would light, leave the room for a bit, and after an hour or so of this particular candle burning, would come back and enjoy. It basically smelled like nothing until it really warmed up, and than it filled the air with this warmth that stayed around forever. Quite honestly, I had no idea where the candle was from, what it was called, nor could I pick out particular 'notes' at that point in my BBW body spray obsessed youth. After a couple of moves, I lost the candle and didn't really think about it until a year or so ago at Sephora. I tried Fracas randomly, spritzing it on a wrist and walking out of the store. Fracas really knows how to fill a space, and it surrounded me for a good long while. Something about it was eerily familiar, and I almost audibly squealed when I figured it out. The candle! I bought a FB the next day. I never knew I needed tuberose until I needed Fracas, and now i'm obsessed with it. There's something slightly vulgar about it, just the constant warmth and the way it cushions around you. I believe it was Serge Lutens who said something along the lines of tuberose being the smell of sex, of hot skin? Whomever said it, it's absolutely true. Whenever I wear this, my nose is glued to my wrist, trying to fill my lungs to bursting. Unfortunately (and I blame my super dry skin) this doesn't last too long on me. Also, I broke a quarter full bottle on a tiled floor. The bottle is thin ceramic, for you fellow klutzes. As 'womanly' as this perfume is, a friend told me her boyfriend once wore it. I'm almost tempted to spray some on my own boyfriend, as I think it'd be amazing.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

Fracas has been described as a histrionic attention whore, the tuberose to end all tuberoses, the perfume you’d never bring home to Mom. I have to say that my own mother, however, is rather demure, and she finds this to be one of my least offensive fragrances. While it is thick and loud, Fracas is a blend of wildflowers, gardenia, jasmine, perhaps a bit of lilac, instead of just a straight-up party crashing tuberose. Fracas is also more than just a flowerbed: the window on the house next to it is baking cookies, giving off a delicious butter and sugar smell. People will look at you when you wear Fracas, but not in a scolding manner. This tuberose is not a loose woman; she is merely a desirable extrovert who likes to go out dancing once in a while.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

10 years ago

This is a warm, heavy, gorgeous elegant tuberose. Unbelievably gorgeous and elegant. I can see this being a daily perfume for me in a few years. Just gorgeous.

About reviewer (276 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

10 years ago

I tried a sample and was not impressed. Overpowering at the beginning, it turns into an inoffensive generic fragrance after a few hours. Very expensive.

About reviewer (348 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

10 years ago

Go read marchesa's review from 03/23/2010, for she has nailed it. :) I also love these amazing old grande dame fragrances -- I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets tired of the new guard of non-fragrance fragrances, of smelling like grapefruit, of smelling like strawberries, of smelling like laundry detergent. Sometimes a woman wants to wear *perfume.* Fracas is so gorgeous, all wet white flowers. Also, that black and pink bottle is perfect. I can't wear it all the time, but I come back to Fracas over and over again.

About reviewer (320 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

10 years ago

I love Fracas! To be a classic scent, it smells very modern to me. I can't see anyone ever referring to this as an "old lady scent." It's said to have been one of Marilyn Monroe's favorites (along with Chanel No. 5, of course). It's fabulous! Bold but girly. In fact, I'd have to say it's one of the most feminine fragrances I own, and I'm a perfume junkie. It may not be for everyone, but if you like white florals, give it a try. I love it, my mom likes it, my 9 year old niece loves it -- called it "perfection" and gave it a big thumbs up when she was just 3! My sister doesn't like it, but we outnumber her, so she doesn't count, lol. I even dusted some baby shower invites with the body powder so they would shimmer (it was a fairy theme), and everyone that RSVP'd commented on how good they smelled. It also has great staying power, and lingers beautifully on clothes and bedding as well as the skin. I can't seem to say enough good things about this one! The bath and body products are nice too, but if you decide to use them, go lightly on the spray -- or skip it altogether. I prefer to wear the lotion OR the EDP, but usually not both. Sometimes you CAN have too much of a good thing.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

from

10 years ago

Wow, what a powerhouse! I love these old time fragrances -- they were definitely built to last. I wore this dancing one night -- just a spray or two, is all you need with this one -- and when I woke up the next morning one of my girlfriends complimented me on my perfume. It definitely has a rubber note that I can totally see scaring some people away but it's definitely a feminine, totally sexy fragrance. I'm sure many would disagree, but it kind of makes me think of SL Fleur D'Oranger in that regard. But I would NOT order this unsniffed...especially since it's totally unnecessary, Fracas is everywhere -- go and smell it!

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age25-29