3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

This review is for the 0.25 perfume. I love this uber feminine perfume. A drop or two will do you as this is a true perfume and not eau de toilet. Tuberose heads this scent with notes of jasmine, musk, and gardenia. I absolutely adore it.

About reviewer (196 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2.0

9 years ago

I was given a decant of this by a friend of mine who has been telling me for years that I must, I simply MUST try Fracas. I have been pointing out to her for years that white florals rarely work on me and tuberose doesn't work on me at all. Nonetheless, I tried it 6 times when she gave me the decant just to shut her up. Unfortunately on me Fracas smells basically like a cheap strong synthetic jasmine fragrance oil, no warmth, no sublety, just flat, strong and boring. To make sure I wasn't prejudiced I asked all my friends male and female to smell me while I wore it and they all said the same thing: that it smelt cheap and really didn't suit me. Another classic bites the dust. Really the only big white floral that works on me is Joy.

About reviewer (816 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

9 years ago

This is, without a doubt, one of my all-time favorite scents! If you love Gardenia, and classic vintage perfumes, this one is for you. When I smell this fragrance, I imagine that the wearer would be a very elegant and strong woman, someone very feminine and a bit girlish, but also quietly sensual. The hot pink of the packaging for Fracas seems perfect to me; this is very much a "hot pink" type of smell! How could it get any better? The bottle is opaque, protecting the delicate perfume from damaging sunlight. :)

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

9 years ago

One of my favorite scents ever!!! If you do not like musk though, steer clear. It's musky.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

Age

SkinOily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

EyesBlack

9 years ago

I spent years searching for a tuberose-dominated scent that was neither too heavy nor turned powdery on me. Fracas was it, and I've enjoyed every moment I've worn it. It's a rich scent where a little goes a long way. I don't really get the "old lady" comments, other than by association if a reviewer happened to know an older woman who wore tuberose. This is sophisticated, cleanly floral, and very wearable.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

9 years ago

Got the roller ball...I'm not too crazy about the initial tuberose bite in the beginning of Fracas, but I love it hours later when it becomes subtle and musky with hint of flowers...love it! Fracas is not old lady, it's sexy lady!! Edit:: Actually, I love this from beginning to end.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

9 years ago

Fracas is a perfume for women, not for girls. A Fracas woman is outgoing, confident, feminine, and sexy. Everyone's chemistry is different. I don't get any of the green, oil, rubber, butter, powder, strawberry, or fruit that other reviewers have commented on. My skin tends to devour fragrances, so I don't bother with the light, clean, fresh ones. With Fracas, I get sharp-ish white florals, mainly tuberose. It whacks you upside the head, and that's a good thing. I've tried Creed's Tuberose Indiana and Frederic Malle's Carnal Flower (I didn't get any of the green or burning rubber opening that CF is known for). Both totally underwhemled me. I like my tuberose hooker strength, thank you very much. Fracas calms down quickly on me and the sharp-ish aspect of it does too -- not that I mind the somewhat sharp beginning. Is referred to as "clevage in a bottle," "sex in a bottle," and a "work of art." I agree wholeheartedly. Some who don't care for it refer to it as being "old lady." Oh, hell no. These must be the people who get a strong powder note that I don't. This is PERFUME from glamorous times gone by when females were elegant, feminine ladies. It is not today's "fresh," "clean" "fruity" body sprays for sporty, casual gals on the go. Wear Fracas while donning a black veiled cocktail hat, seamed gartered stockings, short black gloves, red lipstick, and deep Veronica Lake waves in your hair. The women around you will be seething with jealousy -- but you're used to that by now, aren't you?

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

9 years ago

Fracas is one of my signature fragrances. It is heavy and rich with turberose, backed up by more rich white flowers: jasmine, gardenia, narcissus, and lily of the valley (muguet de bois). The sweetness is balanced by a base that is dry with sandalwood and vetiver. This is an adult perfume, for women of confidence, but it is not a scent to wear to the office. It seems to me that many of the young women who complain that complex classic perfumes, such as this one, smell "old lady" have succumbed to the current trend of fragrances that smell like candy, overdosed with vanilla, and redolent of artificial fruits. To me those smell childish. Most of those fragrances named after pop celebrities will be forgotten in 20 years as their stars fade. I prefer perfumes created by true artisans that be remembered for many decades. Fracas has been around over 60 years. Will fragrances named after Britney Spears, Beyonce, or Paris Hilton still be desired six decades from now?

About reviewer (221 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

As I read some of these reviews about this product, old lady seems to emerge. That is not my impression about this scent whatsoever. It has a personality and one that is a flower called "tuberose". Yes, it is sweet but it is very complex. It takes a stylish, classy person to carry off this scent. Go ahead and say "Old ladyish" and I will say to you, if you are a younger aged person, perhaps you may prefer a fragrance which is as fresh as a drink of grape juice. I, however, prefer a drink of wine which is grape juice artistically arranged and preserved. That is how I see Fracas-not for the faint of heart.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Dry

HairBlond

1.0

9 years ago

Hate this frag. I don't know why people don't call THIS one old ladyish. To me it smells like all those smothering aunties and grannies from my 80's childhood.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

Age30-35