3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

Another HG fragrance for me, I need to try the eau de parfum version of this as i've only ever had the parfum. Sooooo this is definitly what everyone claim's it to be, it's iconic in it's own right, powerful, strong and very much out there, the parfum is quite creamy, very strong yet soft, literally 3 dabs will do me and as much as i hate to say it i am the type of person who sprays perfume like its there's no tomorrow (slap me) but this is there till you have a shower, and even then you need to scrub this sent away it just will not budge! i'm definitly gunna order the eau de parfum when i get round to it, but personally i think everyone has to try this in parfum form, it really is the most beautiful scent, try it! i'm on my third bottle!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBrown

7 years ago

I finally tried Fracas, and although it isn’t the type of fragrance that I typically wear, it was everything I hoped it would be: intense and visceral. There are already several fantastic reviews describing Fracas, so I really do not have anything to add, except I can only imagine what it was like to sniff this in 1948. It must have been mind blowing, like hearing the Stooges’ “I Wanna Be Your Dog” for the first time in 1969, although Fracas doesn’t evoke same sense of self-loathing. Today, contemporary music uses new technology unavailable to Brian Eno during the 1960s and 70s. In perfumery, we have Carnal Flower, an excellent tuberose update; however, the 2005 iteration can only aspire to evoke the same magic (cultural relevance) created by the initial composition.

About reviewer (72 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

I've been wearing Fracas for a week, and every day I seem to register something different. For a long time, all I got was Smarties candies. Then on a hot day, it suddenly blossomed into a giant bouquet of tuberose, narcissus, gardenia, every white flower you could think of, and a touch of dirty musk. Tonight I got a weird gasoline-like edge, and it feels kind of thin. I think I would like to own it, but I don't know if I could wear it on the regular. *edit* after trying an armload of big white flower perfumes, I keep coming back to this one. It doesn't tip too far into skanky, honey-urine territory, it doesn't get the shrill, sharp note I get with less-expensive gardenia and tuberose perfumes. It's balanced, rounded and radiant.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlond

3.0

8 years ago

Well, there is nothing wrong with this perfume. It's a nice buttery tuberose. It's not one of those strong old perfume that you could use as a disinfectant. I found it pretty, but it's nothing "waow" on me. When I am wearing it, I get a little bit bored, there is no alchemy happening. That's probably the main reason why I am giving it 3 stars only. I have read many professionnal revues about Fracas and all of them say it's a great classic, therefore I wanted to love it. Your chemistry doesn't lie.... it happens or it doesn't. However, the perfume is really pleasant. It's like a milky tuberose, sweetened with a hint of orange blossom. It's quite a change to have a tuberose that is not solar. It's rather creamy and floral and it's well structured, you can see it's serious quality. Nevertheless, I could have given it 4 stars, but the dullness in it made me give it 3 stars only. It's really about my own personal taste and my expectation about perfumes in general. Really nothing is happening while I am wearing it. It's like wearing a beautiful eye shadow shade that everyone is raving about, but that just doesn't make your eyes color pop !

About reviewer (75 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

8 years ago

I'm in love with Fracas. Beautiful from start to finish. My husband loves it and I always but a spray on the back of my neck at bedtime..for snuggling. It's expensive. Be careful of ebay buys, as they are sometimes very watered down. This has been my experience. Bite the bullet and buy from a reputable vendor. Worth every cent.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesOther

8 years ago

HE said it's his favorite perfume. So, of course, it's mine too. I love Fracas.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

8 years ago

Wow.... This is a true diva. It's VERY floral, a strong tuberose. So if you don't like florals this is not for you. This is the only flower scent for me. I feel very feminine when I wear this and I love it. First time I wore this I got so many compliments. A guy in the elevator, a women at the office and a some of my friends couldn't stop smelling my wrist. If this scent work with your skin, it's magic - but if you overdo it , it will kill it. This is very, very heavy so please, only two sprays. It last for ages (around 8 hours).

About reviewer (102 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I could never choose one perfect fragrance, being totally perfume-obsessed...but this is definitely one of my favorites of all time. If you love big, bold tuberose scents, this is a reference frag.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

I have been wearing this perfume for years but it is not for everyone. I think people use too much or buy the cologne. Also, i think there are some fakes out there.This is definitely for women, not girls. And men love this fragrance! i get so many comments, i think about where i'm going before i put it on - don't wear it unless you want to be the center of attention. This is the only perfume my husband likes. The body lotion is also very nice.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

2.0

8 years ago

To start off on a good note, as recomended by a fellow MUAer, I contacted the company direct to request a sample. It came really quickly in the mail, with a nice letter and was no cost to me. BUT. The fragrance itself, at least to me was a disappointment. I was curious about Fracas because it has been around for a while, and I like florals. More powdery than floral. Very "old lady" smelling on me with my body chemestry. I am open to trying more fragrances from the brand since it is a well known HE fragrance company, and the company was so friendly about sending me a free sample. I am going to check out some other choices from the brand.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age25-29